Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Update] Subscription Improvements + Bug Fixes

Creator: Mowen April 14, 2014 8:38pm
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2014 8:38pm | Report
Another round of updates! We have a lot of improvements to the new Subscription System and profiles based on your feedback.

• Added name of comment-er to notifications
  • Added forum topic name to notifications for forum thread subscriptions
  • Added subscription manager page
  • Added an option to follow only original poster's replies (option in subscription manager)
  • Added comment counts back to the view builds page
  • Added a filter to filter out unpublished/archived builds, filter enabled by default
  • Moved the follow-through link to the notification title instead of the text

We hope you enjoy these improvements! As always feel free to leave feedback, and the subscription system / profile is still a work in progress. We're happy you guys are using the system and we hope these improvements make you use it even more!

In addition to these updates we've got a few bug fixes finished:

• Quick PM's fixed
  • Quoted comment subscriptions now have a functioning follow-through link
  • Fixed rune planner / [runes] bbcode bug

Hope you enjoy these updates, stay awesome MOBAFire!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2014 9:17pm | Report
Thank you based Mowie :3!

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2014 9:21pm | Report
Unless the devs are going to create functionality to allow users to pick/choose which content appears on their profile by default, a complete remodeling of the profile page would be nice in the future.

Namely, it's not even a profile page anymore. Stuff like your summoner name (we're all here because we play League, right?), your bio, what guides you've written, etc is the type of content that should appear on your profile page. As it is now, all we see are posts. In this regard, the old profile page was very functional.

To paint an example, I would say that a large part of this site is the user guides. So if I click on your profile, why should I have to go to this poorly named section called "Content Library" to find guides you've written? And why should I expect that the section called "Content Library" is where I'm going to find guides you've written in the first place? It's just not user friendly at all because welp "Content Library" means nothing.

Then say idk Banana or Janderp made a thread with MissMaw's phone # a long time ago and I'd like to go find it because I'm a stalker. Why should I have to go to the "Content Library" first and see their guides by default then go through the tab navigation (that reloads the page!) to find this thread? :s Etc etc etc. "Adding more steps" between versions is generally bad.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2014 4:26am | Report
All you have to do is ask, astrolai :3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide