Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Winners! - MOBAFire S8 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard December 25, 2017 9:21pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2017 9:21pm | Report

It's finally time to announce the winners of our Season 8 Guide Contest! There were a lot of fantastic guides that qualified for this contest, but we could only pick one to win in each category. Check out the honorable mentions in each section for more great guides!

Contest Prizes
As a quick reminder, all winners of this contest will receive equal prizing. The winners of any category will receive $50 RP as well as their choice of $25 Riot figurine from the Riot Merch store and a custom MOBAFire Guide Winner t-shirt with their name on it!

In addition to physical and RP prizes, the author of the winning guide for each category will receive a unique badge for their profile. The badge will be linked to their guide so that anyone can easily check out their awesome guide with just one click!

Winners will also receive a unique title that goes along with their badge! Keep in mind that the badges and titles may take a little while to show up, so be patient!

Winners
Witness True Strength
Judge: I Am Goliath

Updated Guide

<Brawler>
[Actually Master] Top Lane Supremacy w/ Fiora
Author: EraAegis

EraAegis is a League of Legends veteran, and those years of dedication are evident in the detailed information in his guide. Few players are able to master a champion to the point of reaching high Diamond or Master tier, and fewer still put in the time to translate their experiences into a guide for other players to learn from. EraAegis' Fiora guide combines a simple but effective aesthetic with step-by-step information to break down all aspects of Fiora's gameplay and set the reader up for success. His extensive early game and matchup analyses are especially useful on a champion so dependent on dominating 1v1s.

New Guide

<Brawler>
Wickd's Guide to Maokai
Author: The_Real_Wickd

Many of you likely know the professional player Wickd. Combined with Hoppermh, the coder behind many guides on the site (namely Vapora Dark's guides), Wickd delivers a beautiful breakdown of one of League's classic tanky top laners: Maokai. Wickd's extensive experience in the top lane at the highest levels of competition shows in his clean, organized dissection of the variety of item options available to tanks. While this guide is a little shorter than others, Wickd provides every piece of information necessary to learn to play the Twisted Treant.

No Escape
Judge: PsiGuard

Updated Guide

<Stalker>
Stretching Out the Old Beanstalks
Author: Aezuriel

Aezuriel's dedication to updating this guide to Ivern is obvious. Despite the guide's immense array of information, you'll see relevant tips relating to the new runes scattered throughout the guide. Since one of the author's recommended keystones is Unsealed Spellbook, Aezuriel provides details not only on which summoner spells to take, but when and why to swap them. This is one of the best guides I've seen in terms of capturing the decision-making process of a good jungler -- a task made even more difficult due to Ivern's unique jungle pathing. Nevertheless, you'll never feel lost in Aezuriel's hands, and by the end of this guide, you'll be ready to stretch out your own beanstalks on the rift.

New Guide

<Stalker>
Understanding Duality, In depth guide to Kayn
Author: Shadesteppin

Shadesteppin is a very talented Kayn player that knows his champion inside and out. Every nuance between Kayn, Shadow Assassin and Rhaast is explored in this guide. Abilities, items and matchups are all explored separately, giving readers the tools to adapt in each game and adjust their plans to make the most of each transformation. Shade covers just about every matchup you could think of from the perspective of each of Kayn's forms. He also diligently tracks the best jungle paths and updates his guide when new routes are discovered. While the sheer length of this guide can be a little daunting, you're guaranteed to come out the other side a better Kayn player.

My Power is Limitless
Judge: Yamikazexz

Updated Guide

<Sorcerer>
Elusive Ferret's Exquisitely Comprehensive Guide to Ahri
Author: Elusive Ferret

"Exquisitely Comprehensive" is putting it mildly. Elusive Ferret's Ahri guide is mind-mindbogglingly detailed and even more incredibly formatted. Not a single chapter of this giant of a guide is neglected, and each of Ferret's choices is explained thoroughly. If you've ever written a 5-paragraph-essay to argue a topic in high school, you'll know what to expect when reading about any individual topic in this guide. The immense breadth and depth of this guide leaves readers with no room for questions, and instead brings them as close as possible to understanding Ahri the way the author does. With the efficiency of a textbook, every aspect of this guide is beautiful and thorough, providing the reader with everything anyone could want to know about Ahri.

New Guide

<Sorcerer>
How to Throw Rocks
Author: nMinus

Taliyah is a tricky champion with a lot of playmaking potential, so breaking her mechanics down in a strong guide is no easy task. Luckily, we have nMinus, who distills Taliyah's gameplay down to a science. Every combo, every nuance of positioning and matchup, every rune and item selection is explored concisely without sacrificing detail. The guide's title, "How to Throw Rocks" is ironic in its simplicity, as the skills of a talented Taliyah player are far from simple. If you've ever wanted to master the positioning, mindset and playmaking potential of a stellar Taliyah player, look no further than this beautiful guide.

Each Bullet is a Song
Judge: Vapora Dark

Updated Guide

<Sharpshooter>
Art Requires a Certain Cruelty - In Depth Jhin Guide
Author: Vicious Skittle

Vicious Skittle is a skilled player and experienced guide author -- a powerful combination which often results in the #1 guide for a given champion. In the case of his Jhin guide, this is a safe assumption as every aspect of this guide shows Skittle's mastery of both Jhin and MOBAFire. Expect a controlled, informative pace as you read through this guide, each chapter teaching you about different aspects of Jhin's build and playstyle. Despite the detail of this guide, I never felt like it outstayed its welcome, as Vicious Skittle covers enough useful information in each section to keep the reader engaged.

New Guide

<Sharpshooter>
Jhin, The Virtuoso (7.22 new runes guide) [Dia-Plat ELo]
Author: Sniper17

With a name like Sniper17, I'm not surprised to see a guide for Jhin. Sniper17's strength is efficiency and conciseness. If you want to learn how to play Jhin quickly, this is the guide for you. Every choice is explored, but the author doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to the best option. After explaining each choice in the build, Sniper17 moves on to the next topic, offering an easy reference for a quick game-plan for any confused Jhin player. Where this guide shines most is its gameplay section, which covers the most vital aspects of Jhin gameplay (and indeed any ADC), complete with videos and a useful image demonstrating ideal spots for wards and traps.

Just a Harmless Flower
Judge: MissMaw

Updated Guide

<Wingman>
[S8] Surf's Up! - Taric Support Guide
Author: L3gislacerator

L3gislacerator's guides are always a pleasure to read. The pacing of this guide is impeccable, with different chunks of information organized and broken up by gifs, graphics, headers and the expert use of color. This author's guides make you want to read them and keeps you engaged throughout the entire guide. Not only will you be well-informed by the end of this guide, but you'll actually be entertained as well. Few authors can accomplish fantastic visuals, rock-solid information and perfect pacing at this time, but L3gislacerator does it all. My favorite part of the guide is the Jhin synergy section, which substitutes a short paragraph of text with a surprisingly informative and adorable poem instead.

New Guide

<Wingman>
[7.24] Deny Them Everything | Janna Support
Author: Mozume

For having only started playing League of Legends in May 2017, I am absolutely blown away by the quality of Mozume's Janna guide. Not only are the graphics, organization and use of color masterfully arranged, but the information is clear, thorough and reliable as well. Though this isn't the aesthetic category, I can't help but come back to the unique and captivating visuals that bring the guide together. The Guide Legend at the top is also a nice touch for newer players. I can't wait to see more guides from this author in the future.

Am I Not Magnificent?
Judge: jhoijhoi

<Fabulous>
The Lady Of Clockwork: We are as One
Author: LadyOfClockwork

Visually, LadyOfClockwork's Orianna guide is nourishment for the soul. Custom graphics and clever coding present information in a whimsical and beautiful way. LadyOfClockwork treats her guide as more than just a vessel for information; it's a real art project. Not only is every graphic beautifully hand-crafted, but the guide is also incredibly long! You will never see a page of this guide without a graphic to help organize and break up text, and every image is relevant to the subject matter. For such a long guide, this is immensely helpful for not only staying engaged during a full read, but also scanning through the guide for relevant bits of information. I can't imagine how many hours went into creating and updating this masterpiece, but the result is breathtaking.

This'll Be a Blast
Judge: Aqua Dragon

<Trailblazer>
Destroy the Rift with Preseason 8 AP Miss Fortune!
Author: Superior Current

This is the first time we've had a category like this in the contest so I wasn't sure what to expect, but WOW did Superior Current blow my expectations out of the water. If you've ever wanted an informative guide that shows a fun playstyle, this is the right place. The aesthetics, pacing and depth of this guide rivals any other well-crafted guide on the site. Superior Current doesn't just explain a fun build and playstyle for Miss Fortune, the author actually teaches you how to play the champion and make the most of AP Miss Fortune's strengths. If you've ever wanted your opponents to experience shock and awe at your ability damage, this guide will teach you not only how to make that happen, but how to actually win the game as well.

Thanks to all the authors for writing all these awesome guides, and to the judges for spending the time to go through a ton of candidates. I hope everyone enjoyed the contest and may these guides help you with your ranked journey this season.

If you are a winner you will be contacted via email this week to coordinate prizing.

Judges
Our judges helped with going through all the guides that qualified for each category, to help us pick out the best of the best. Thanks to all our judges for helping make this contest possible!

I Am Goliath

Judged: Witness True Strength
PsiGuard

Judged: No Escape
Yamikazexz

Judged: My Potential is Limitless
Vapora Dark

Judged: Each Bullet is a Song
MissMaw

Judged: Just a Harmless Flower
jhoijhoi

Judged: Am I Not Magnificent?
Aqua Dragon

Judged: This'll Be a Blast
All judges will receive a special badge as thanks for helping out with this year's contest. Give these dedicated folks a hand (or a +Rep or something)! :)
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Vicious Skittle
<Sharpshooter>
Vicious Skittle's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2017 10:23pm | Report

Ayy I won and got an honorable mention to boot. Gratz to all the other winners/mentions because this year was pretty damn stacked for quality guides
Signatures made by: The_Nameless_Bard and Hopper
Feel the thunder.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2017 10:36pm | Report
Congrats to all winners and honourable mentions! :D
FalleN3
<Member>
FalleN3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2017 2:47am | Report
Great contest with very nice prizes. Thanks for taking the time to organize and run it, much appreciated.

Congrats to the winners and honourable mentions, some great content there.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2017 4:09am | Report
okay psi and vapora, dont check your paypal then
Swuft
<Fabulous>
Swuft's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2017 5:11am | Report
Congrats to all the winners!
BlueMoon01
<Member>
BlueMoon01's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2017 5:33am | Report
Do we have to register this guide contest? Just asking since I'm pretty confused

Regardless, congratulation to the winners !
MAS/SGMYID server player

Ask anything related to my guide away, will be glad to help!

+Rep me if it helped, would help me a lot too :)
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
L3gislacerator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2017 7:56am | Report
Great guides all around, I really enjoyed the contest format this year. Congrats to the winners and honorable mentions!

| Support Taric Guide | Jungle Taric Guide | signature by jhoijhoi! |
QuinnMains
<Brawler>
QuinnMains's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2017 9:20am | Report
Congrats to everyone! :)
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2017 9:29am | Report
congrats everyone!

BlueMoon01 wrote:
Do we have to register this guide contest? Just asking since I'm pretty confused

Regardless, congratulation to the winners !
nah your guide is automatically registered if it fulfills the requirements, e.g. it is a full guide and updated and all that.

check out my MF guide!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide