Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire S8 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard November 7, 2017 4:25pm
1 2 3 4 5
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2017 4:25pm | Report

Hello everyone and welcome to the 2018 guide contest! We’re doing a few things differently this year with new rewards, new categories and a new set of judges. Check out the details below to learn how you can win $100 value in prizes!

$10 RP Gift for ALL S7 Authors

As a thank you to our S7 Authors we will be giving out $10 RP for every S7 guide that is updated to reflect the S8 changes. All you have to do is update your S7 guide, and post in this thread. Thanks for your awesome work in S7! :) For more details check out this thread.

Season 8 Guide Contest
To enter, simply create or update a quality Champion guide and keep it updated throughout the coming month. Your guide (or guides) must fulfill the requirements to be considered a Full Guide (a complete build plus 5,000+ characters of body text, including BBCode. You’ll also need to set your guide to “Champion” and select your champion’s role in the guide settings box on the right of the guide editor.

There will be 12 prizes and categories, each winner will receive the same $100 value prize!

• Best Top Guides - (1 winner for best Updated guide, 1 winner for best New guide)
  • Best Jungle Guides - (1 winner for best Updated guide, 1 winner for best New guide)
  • Best Mid Guides - (1 winner for best Updated guide, 1 winner for best New guide)
  • Best ADC Guides - (1 winner for best Updated guide, 1 winner for best New guide)
  • Best Support Guides - (1 winner for best Updated guide, 1 winner for best New guide)
  • Most Fabulous Guide - (1 winner)
  • Most Fun Guide - (1 winner)

Two winners will be chosen for each role category - one guide established before the start of the contest and one guide created after the contest begins. Whether you’re making a new guide from scratch or updating your masterpiece for the preseason, there's lots of chances to win!

Contest Prizes
This year, all contest winners will receive equal prizing. The winners of any category will receive $50 RP as well as their choice of $25 Riot figurine from the Riot Merch store and a custom MOBAFire Guide Winner t-shirt with their name on it!

We’ll send out emails to all the winners after the judging period is concluded asking for your choice of figurine and the name for the t-shirt. The figurine must be in stock so that we can buy it for you!

In addition to the prizes above, each winner will also receive a special badge for their profile. There is a unique badge for each category of the contest. Each badge will be linked to the author’s winning guide so other users can more easily appreciate their achievement!

Monthly Raffle Point Changes

For the month of November we'll be doubling the amount of raffle prizes we're giving away! Instead of 25 winners there will be 50 winners to celebrate all the exciting happenings going on in League of Legends!

In addition to doubling the prizes, we’ll be doubling tickets earned from New Guides and Guide Updates! All the more reason to create and update your guides!

Not familiar with our Monthly Raffle? Check out the details here.

Contest Categories
For each category with two winners, one winner will be selected from updated guides created before the start of the contest and the other winner will be a new guide created after this post.

Witness True Strength (2 Winners)
1 Winner for Best Updated Guide
1 Winner for Best NEW Guide
Judge: I Am Goliath
Teach your readers how to crush their opponents in top lane. How should your champion play out the early laning phase? Which early game items are most suitable for surviving tough matchups or dominating easy ones? How should your champion look to control the minion wave to maximize their success in the early game? Show your readers how to roam, use Teleport or split-push successfully. A detailed matchups section is always a great addition as well!

No Escape (2 Winners)
Judge: PsiGuard
A good jungle guide explains not only the build, but the playstyle as well. Does your champion shine early with aggressive invades and frequent ganks, or should your readers adopt a more conservative playstyle and farm efficiently? What’s the best way to gank with this champion, and which lane can they gank most effectively? When does your champion reach its strongest point in the game and how can a good jungler capitalize on that power spike?

My Potential is Limitless (2 Winners)
Judge: Yamikazexz
The middle lane is the key to map control. Whether you’re a mage, assassin or marksman, timely pushes, roams and freezes are key to a successful laning phase. If your champion has a variety of ability combos available to them, teach your readers how to make the most of their kit. If your champion has a key skillshot, defensive ability or ultimate, tell readers when and how to use that ability to its fullest potential. Whether you’re a diver or a backline carry, team fighting is also an important aspect of mid lane, so be sure to prepare your readers for 5v5 brawls.

Each Bullet is a Song (2 Winners)
Judge: Vapora Dark
Success in the bottom lane is always a team effort, but you can always teach prospective bot lane carries how to succeed at every stage of the game. While this role is usually occupied by marksmen (or “AD carries”), judges will consider all champions for the bot lane role. Be sure to cover how to make best use of the key abilities of your champion, as well as teaching your readers how to position optimally in fights. After all, a dead carry is a useless carry!

Just a Harmless Flower (2 Winners)
Judge: MissMaw
Supports can fulfill a variety of purposes: sustain, peel, disruption, pick potential, roaming, or even pure damage! Whatever kind of support you are, explain what your champion excels at in the early game, as well as their key weaknesses. Vision control is also a key aspect of this role, so any information on ward placement is a welcome bonus. A great support guide gives players the tools to succeed individually as well as set their teammates up for success.

The next two categories will have only one winner each. For these categories, we’ll be ignoring competitive viability and focusing on pure aesthetics and fun-factor. Winners of these two categories can be updated guides or new guides.

Am I Not Magnificent? (1 Winner)
1 Winner for Best New or Updated Guide
Judge: jhoijhoi
Artistic flair is an achievement in itself. Many guides are presentable, but only a select few really stand out from the crowd. This category is for the author (or coder) with the best-looking presentation, formatting and graphics. To claim this prize, you’ll need to impress our judges with fantastic visuals and clean presentation. A cohesive visual theme is always a great plus, whether it’s a simple color scheme or stylized graphics that match a champion or skin.

This’ll Be a Blast (1 Winner)
1 Winner for Best New or Updated Guide
Judge: Aqua Dragon
While most guides are designed to give players a competitive edge, sometimes it’s fun to share and read strategies that are a little outside the box. This category is for guides that break the mould with unique builds and strategies. Whether that be a guide for a champion in an unusual role or just with an unusual item build, this guide will teach readers how to have a blast playing League of Legends.

Remember, you do not have to rush your guide-writing. We want you guys to take your time and put in your best effort. You will have 30 days from the start of the contest. All eligible guides at the cutoff date will be reviewed by our panel of judges, and the winners selected. Remember, if parts of your guide are outdated your guide may be disqualified, so be sure to be thorough!

Judges
We have a hand-picked team of judges this year, including some prolific guide authors. Since judges can’t win the contest, now’s your best chance to secure a spot in the standings while these guide giants are out of the running! All judges for role-based categories are at least Diamond V.

I Am Goliath
<Top Judge>

PsiGuard
<Jungle Judge>

Yamikazexz
<Mid Judge>

Vapora Dark
<Bot Judge>

MissMaw
<Support Judge>

jhoijhoi
<Aesthetics Judge>

Aqua Dragon
<Fun Judge>

The Fine Print
  • Guides must be set to Champion category to be eligible.

• Open to registered MOBAFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!

• Authors can only win in one category for this contest.

• Contest is worldwide.

• Prizes are shipped from Canada. International winners are responsible to pay for any import fees, taxes or other charges that may be applicable depending on location.

• Contest will be closed on December 7, 11:59pm PST.

• After contest is closed there will be a 2 week judging period.

• Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.

• Chosen Figurine prize must be in stock.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2017 5:12pm | Report
nice just in time for my Aatrox guide
Hoppermh
<Altruistic Artist>
Hoppermh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2017 5:23pm | Report
-.-

Thank you Luther for the signature! <3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2017 10:12pm | Report
Best of luck to all participants! :3 @ Hoppermh Maybe time for you to write your own guide to snag an award? <3
Tinjus
<Stalker>
Tinjus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2017 10:50pm | Report
Hmm, guess its time to update my Kha'Zix guide, perhaps my Camille one too. Either way, that $10 will come in handy for the Kha'Zix chromas :P
Check out my Kha'Zix guide! It covers everything you need to know in order to Consume and Adapt.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2017 11:24pm | Report
5 years on Mobafire is this finally my time to write a guide... most likely not enough time
sig by jhoijhoi
Yamikaze
<Veteran>
Yamikaze's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2017 11:35pm | Report
@ Ninja Trigger Now would be the best time... Or else I'm going to have to give this best new guide award to that kindred mid guide :^)
Etyrnal
<Member>
Etyrnal's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2017 2:01pm | Report
Shooting for the best Season 8 Mid lane guide! Here we go!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2017 5:26pm | Report
@ PsiGuard

Do I have to submit my guide here or am I automatically entered?

If my guide qualifies for two winning categories, which one is selected? I assume the most "meta" one will be picked. So if a guide is say, Pantheon Mid then "Fun Guide" is selected over "Mid Lane Guide" because no one in their right mind would seriously consider him Mid Lane (a.k.a., it makes no sense it terms of meta)?
Hoppermh
<Altruistic Artist>
Hoppermh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2017 10:49pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Best of luck to all participants! :3 @ Hoppermh Maybe time for you to write your own guide to snag an award? <3

LOL, I should, but I need to riot for not being able to win multiple categories. Laziness is the biggest factor here though sadly; I look at my guide and think I could finish writing and coding this for prizes, or I could just do a graphic project or work on something else and make the same amount.~

Thank you Luther for the signature! <3
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide