Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Season 12 Guide Contest Winners!

Creator: Hades4u February 1, 2022 2:05am
1 2 3
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 2:05am | Report

It's time to announce the winners of our Season 12 Guide Contest! There were a lot of fantastic guides that qualified for this contest, but we could only pick up to three winners in each category. Check out the honorable mentions in each section for more great guides! 🏆

Contest Prizes
As a quick reminder, all winners of this contest will receive equal prizing. The winners of any category will receive $200 value prize! Honorable mentions will receive a $50 RP Code (7200 RP).

We’ll be sending out emails to all the winners shortly asking for their preferred prize type and other required information. The prizes can be claimed in the form of RP Codes, Amazon Gift Cards or cash paid by PayPal or bank. Honorable mentions will receive a $50 RP Code (7200 RP) each.

In addition to the prizes above, the authors of the winning guides for each category will receive a unique badge for their profile. The badge will be linked to their guide so that anyone can easily check out their awesome guide with just one click!

Winners will also receive a title that goes along with their badge! Keep in mind that the badges and titles may take a little while to show up, so be patient!

Winners
Top!
Judge: I Am Goliath

Updated Guide

<Brawler>
THE PASSIONATE GUIDE TO TEEMO
Author: Sovereign Kitten

Sovereign Kitten hits all the spots of a perfect guide just like your ADC gets hit by all of Teemo's mushrooms. This guide remains the best Teemo guide of our community and one of the largest guides ever created for League. With different builds and play styles for almost all roles you can queue for, this guide successfully teaches any Teemo fan how to properly play and quickly master the Swift Scout. If you've been thinking about picking up Teemo, this guide is a must read!

New Guide

<Brawler>
Mordekaiser | The One-Way-Ticket to Brazil
Author: Your Desired Username

Your desired Mordekaiser guide comes from Your Desired Username! That's the only confusing part about this guide, but everything else is just what you need in order to improve your Morde skills. Find a multitudine of builds to pick from, information on various aspects ranging from keystones to mechanics, and make sure to let the author know what you think of their first ever MOBAFire guide!

Wild Card

<Brawler>
👊 SETT GUIDE & MATCHUP SPREADSHEET 👊
Author: ak521

Breaking faces has never been easier, thanks to ak521's guide for Sett! The guide is in-depth and it covers everything you could possibly need to know when playing Sett. After going through the guide at least once, you'll fully understand why everyone calls him The Boss!

Jungle!
Judge: Silverman43

Updated Guide

<Stalker>
No dashing around! - Diamond Poppy Jungle Guide
Author: Kocykek

Last time Kocykek managed to win a guide contest, it was with this guide for Poppy. The guide was new and still working its way to the top, but as we've (correctly) predicted back then, it reached the top and is now the best learning resource of our community for Poppy. Make sure to check it out to not miss out!

New Guide

<Stalker>
Ivern Jungle - Learn to OTP
Author: BreadedBreadCrum

You know the guide's going to be good when the author's profile icon is the champ's default icon. BreadedBreadCrum is one of the new authors of our community and they've managed to prove their guide writing potential with their guide for Ivern. The guide's content is spot on, and with a little bit of extra focus on presentation, it can reach the top of Ivern guides in no time!

Wild Card

<Stalker>
Citric's Jungle Shyvana Guide
Author: Citric

Citric used to be a new face around the community when they first won a guide contest. Now they're a three times winner and already a notable author that other writers look up to, thanks to their flawless Shyvana guide. The guide's coding is straightforward and might seem simple to reproduce at first, but making a guide this clean and easy to read is the work of a master. On top of that, it's now mobile friendly too!

Mid!
Judge: Yeager

Updated Guide

<Sorcerer>
Comprehensive Multi-Role Guide to Seraphine
Author: Sleepininthegarden

Sleepininthegarden continues to amaze us yet another contest with their guide for Seraphine! This champion choice fits Sleepininthegarden's style perfectly, beautiful and colourful. By going through the guide you can tell the author has poured their heart into creating the perfect guide for Seraphine. Great and clean writing, masterful formatting and design, everything in this guide has been crafted with utmost attention. Marvel your eyes and deepen your understanding of Seraphine!

New Guide

<Sorcerer>
EUW Challenger Anivia OTP
Author: Poliko13

A short and sweet guide for Anivia by Poliko13, one of the newest authors of our community. The guide is straightforward and it briefly walks you through the essentials to know in order to properly play Anivia. Make sure to give it a look and let the author know what else they should add to the guide, or what guide to release next!

Wild Card

<Sorcerer>
The Ultimate Guide to Akali the Rogue Assassin
Author: iwontdominatelol

iwontdominatelol continues to impress us with their Akali guide once more, keeping their winner spot in this category. They've already won multiple times and yet the guide got continuously updated and improved even more, making it one of the most in-depth guides of our community. Akali amateurs and mains gather around and check out this guide to further sharpen your knowledge and skills, and hopefully increase your win rate with Akali!

Carry!
Judge: Fruxo

Updated Guide

<Sharpshooter>
IKeepItTaco's GrandMaster Jinx Guide
Author: IKeepItTaco

IKeepItTaco continues their history of amazing guides, this time with a guide for Jinx, one of the stars of Arcane! Learn how to control The Loose Cannon from a Grandmaster and improve your performance on the rift! The guide is both complex and nicely presented, a perfect resource for anyone looking to learn more about Jinx.

New Guide

<Sharpshooter>
Saskio Vayne Guide
Author: SaskioLoL

Another new guide that our community is lucky to have! SaskioLoL published their Vayne guide right as our guide contest ended, and we're happy they made it in time. The guide's style is nice and simple, and the information reliable and well worded. Make sure to check it out and remember to always praise new authors and guides to encourage more to come!

Wild Card

<Sharpshooter>
Challenger Aphelios Build & Guide
Author: CookieLoL

Big guide to help you make big plays. CookieLoL has managed to put together an outstanding amount of information on how to play Aphelios. The guide has more chapters than your Support has assists and we're confident you're going to find answers to any of your questions or curiosities about Aphelios. Give it a look and you'll see what we mean!

Support!
Judge: Jovy

Updated Guide

<Wingman>
Rell - The Angy Iron Maiden
Author: TheBlueImperial

Charge to victory by following TheBlueImperial's guide for Rell! Reach The Iron Maiden's true potential after going through TheBlueImperial tips and guidelines. Previously an honorable mention, this guide greatly improved since the last contest and it secured TheBlueImperial's second win in a guide contest. Great information, amazing formatting, just a summary of the guide that you must not miss!

New Guide

<Wingman>
Grandmaster Leona Guide - Everything You Need To Know
Author: GN_Duck LoL

One more new face around our community! GN_Duck LoL recently joined us and went on a guide writing spree as soon as they first logged in. The guide that impressed us the most was their most recent one for Leona. It goes through the most important aspects of Leona, and how to play her best, starting with her abilities and ending with common matchups. Check it out and let the author know what you think!

Wild Card

<Wingman>
Unbreakable Braum Support Guide!
Author: Guoblide

Guoblide manages to win three times in a row! We still remember when Guoblide first joined our community to compete in the weekly challenges, and we're glad they took a shot at the guide contests as well, because they're a truly talented author! Make sure to give their guides a read, and we promise you won't be disappointed! Definitely our community's best learning resource for The Heart of Freljord!

Revival!
Judge: All Judges

Best Guide

<Lifebringer>
The Masterful In-Depth Guide to Rell
Author: LilRidge

Another stellar Rell guide steps on the podium, but the author of this one is LilRidge! The guide is only one year old and it already matches the quality and depth of some of the best guides of our comunity. It's very well organized, the writing is great and easy to read, and the formatting is clean and pleasing to look at. Definitely a must read!

Off-Meta!
Judge: Aqua Dragon

Best Guide

<New Meta>
Urpog's masters guide to EVERY ROLE URGOT! 2M+!
Author: Urpog

Urpog has come out of left field with an incredibly comprehensive guide for Urgot in every position, making this year's winner choice quite tough! The matchups are especially detailed, ensuring you are ready to handle any possible matchup and situation you'll encounter. For such a variety of situations covered, it's impressive that the guide is organized in a way that prevents getting lost in its breadth!

Fabulous!
Judge: Hoppermh

Best Guide

<Fabulous>
The Ultimate Guide to Akali the Rogue Assassin
Author: iwontdominatelol

The winner of the Mid category, iwontdominatelol, had the best looking guide of this guide contest and also wins the Fabulous category, hooray! Formatting is an art and only a few authors possess the required skills to create such perfect presentations for their guides. Congratulations to them for the great achievement, and double win in this contest!

Mobile Friendly!
Judges: Hades, Fruxo, Jovy

Best Guide

<Mobile Saviour>
Citric's Jungle Shyvana Guide
Author: Citric

The other double win goes to Citric, who has also managed to have the best Mobile-Friendly guide of this guide contest! Despite the fact that their guide is so comprehensive and heavily formatted, they somehow found a way to make it a pleasant experience for mobile readers as well. Congratulations to them for the great achievement, and impressive performance in this contest!

honorable mentions

Thanks to all the authors for writing all these awesome guides, and to the judges for spending the time to go through thousands of candidates. I hope everyone enjoyed the contest and may these guides help you with your ranked journey this season!

If you are a winner you will be contacted this week via email to coordinate prizing, check your email!

Judges
Our judges helped with going through all the guides that qualified for each category, to help us pick out the best of the best. Thanks to all our judges for helping make this contest possible!

I Am Goliath
<Top>
Silverman43
<Jungle>
Yeager
<Mid>
Jovy
<Support>
Hoppermh
<Aesthetics>
Aqua Dragon
<Off-Meta>
Fruxo
<ADC>
All judges have received a special badge as thanks for helping out with this year's contest. Give these dedicated folks a hand (or a +Rep or something)! 😊
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 8:27am | Report
Congratulations to the winners! Many great guides this contest. :)
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Silverman43
<Versatility Master>
Silverman43's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 8:32am | Report
Congratulations to all winners! Was an honour judging the jungle category for the first time!
Thanks to @ Jovy for the signature!
Kocykek
<Stalker>
Kocykek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 8:50am | Report
I didn't really expect this when I opened my mail this day. I'm honored to win and also thankful to Mobafire for opportunity. Thank you all for providing amazing Guide Contests with judges who have to go through every Guide there created. Congratulations to other winners as well!
Urpog
<New Meta>
Urpog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 9:03am | Report
Poggers
Pogar
Doody_tco
<Member>
Doody_tco's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 9:33am | Report
If I have to say one thing about the "support" judge, I'd say, unfair.

I did not put much effort in my "Miss Fortune" guide and it is in the honorobale mention, but I put a lot of effort in "Yuumi" guide and I do not win?!
Obviously mr./mrs. judge does not have certain measures to follow when evaluating the guides, they say to add chapters dedicated about lane synergies which is not found in the winner "updated guide." And of course they focus on grabbing attention by focusing on putting a guide writter on a winning streak as seen in "wild card" winner.

I vehemently appeal against the decision of the judge. And I wish one of the admins take action.
And before telling me "it's about having fun," "providing knowledge" or "you cannot critisize a judge" go check the updated winner guides content, and my guide contents and see for yourself how unfair the decision is. Here is my guide:

https://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/yuumi-this-is-my-favorite-chapter-all-champions-599711

And for the record, I kept my guide updated during competition period and during judging period while others did not do that much and I was keeping track of guides updates myself. It is said in here: https://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/news/mobafire-season-12-guide-contest-45535 "your guide must be updated throught the contest and judging period to be eligible to win"
So tell me, why does the "wild card" guide winner updated the guide "just once" during the judgement period and his guide won and I'm not? And what is worse is, why did Taric's honorobale mention guide did not participate during the contest period and MY GUIDE was updated IMMENSELY and thouroughly during both periods is not even listed there??!!! Both guides did not even provide information about Zeri and the new drakes while the winner guides did not.

I seriously hope something will be done about this!!!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 9:45am | Report
Doody_tco wrote:
If I have to say one thing about the "support" judge, I'd say, unfair.
I did not put much effort in my "Miss Fortune" guide and it is in the honorobale mention, but I put a lot of effort in "Yuumi" guide and I do not win?!
Obviously mr./mrs. judge does not have certain measures to follow when evaluating the guides, they say to add chapters dedicated about lane synergies which is not found in the winner "updated guide." And of course they focus on grabbing attention by focusing on putting a guide writter on a winning streak as seen in "wild card" winner.
I vehemently appeal against the decision of the judge. And I wish one of the admins take action.
And before telling me "it's about having fun," "providing knowledge" or "you cannot critisize a judge" go check the updated winner guides content, and my guide contents and see for yourself how unfair the decision is, and for the record, I kept my guide updated during competition period and during judging period while others did not do that much and I was keeping track of guides updates myself, moreover, my "Yuumi" guide includes information about Zeri and the new drakes while the winner guides did not.
I seriously hope something will be done about this!!!

The criteria I use to judge the guides goes, in order:

1) build optimization (the guide features the most optimal build, & it is up-to-date on the correct patch)
2) quality content (the guide provides detailed, correct, and up-to-date information)
3) presentation (the author took efforts to make the guide pleasant to read)

While your guide fulfills two of this criteria, it does not fulfill them all to a T. Now, not fulfilling all three criteria perfectly doesn't necessarily mean the guide isn't excellent - most obviously this is the case when a guide does not fulfill the third criterium - but if there are other guides that do in fact fulfill all three, those guides are favoured to win. The support category is always highly competitive and I weigh my decision carefully before choosing the winners. I am confident that the authors who won this year deserved to.

check out my MF guide!
Doody_tco
<Member>
Doody_tco's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 9:49am | Report
Jovy wrote:

The criteria I use to judge the guides goes, in order:
1) build optimization (the guide features the most optimal build, & it is up-to-date on the correct patch)
2) quality content (the guide provides detailed, correct, and up-to-date information)
3) presentation (the author took efforts to make the guide pleasant to read)
While your guide fulfills two of this criteria, it does not fulfill them all to a T. Now, not fulfilling all three criteria perfectly doesn't necessarily mean the guide isn't excellent - most obviously this is the case when a guide does not fulfill the third criterium - but if there are other guides that do in fact fulfill all three, those guides are favoured to win. The support category is always highly competitive and I weigh my decision carefully before choosing the winners. I am confident that the authors who won this year deserved to.

and what about this???!

""your guide must be updated throught the contest and judging period to be eligible to win"
So tell me, why does the "wild card" guide winner updated the guide "just once" during the judgement period and his guide won and I'm not? And what is worse is, why did Taric's honorobale mention guide did not participate during the contest period and MY GUIDE was updated IMMENSELY and thouroughly during both periods is not even listed there??!!! Both guides did not even provide information about Zeri and the new drakes while the winner guides did not."
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 10:06am | Report
Doody_tco wrote:
And what is worse is, why did Taric's honorobale mention guide did not participate during the contest period and MY GUIDE was updated IMMENSELY and thouroughly during both periods is not even listed there??!!!

You cannot get an honourable mention in two different role-related categories. When your Miss Fortune guide was chosen by the other judge, I could not choose you for my role regardless of what I wanted to do.

Doody_tco wrote:
So tell me, why does the "wild card" guide winner updated the guide "just once" during the judgement period and his guide won and I'm not? [...] Both guides did not even provide information about Zeri and the new drakes while the winner guides did not."

We do not count exactly the amount of times that guides are updated. The bottom line is that the guide IS updated according when the contest concludes. By updated I mean, if there is a huge change in the patch during the judging period, and it is relevant to the champion the guide is about, then that must be reflected in the guide.

Zeri was released after the contest concluded and I don't believe it is a deal-breaker if authors did not yet include her in the match-up/synergy section, as they would likely still want to do some testing before putting any information to paper, though it is commendable that you did include her.

--

Rather than focusing on the other guides, and tearing down other authors, I believe you should think about what your guide is missing in order to fulfill the other criteria. I understand it is frustrating not to win, but only a couple of guides can hope to win and, as I mentioned, the competition is extremely fierce.
Cryniu
<Member>
Cryniu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2022 10:27am | Report
Hello

Contratulations to all winners

This makes me a little sad because I'm aware my guide may have missed some points due to the fact that it's written in spanish :(

Honestly I think the results seem a little odd but at least it was fun to participate.

See you!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide