Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

I'm-back-generic-AMA

Creator: sirell November 8, 2016 5:36pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2016 5:36pm | Report
So I moved to Korea in February and stopped playing LoL and coming on MOBAFire around then. A lot has happened in the world, so I just want to catch up with stuff. Ask me anything and I'll answer.

And at the same time, why don't you guys drop a few bits about what you've been up to while I was away?

And also link any delicious thread discussion drama that I missed out on?
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2016 8:03pm | Report
Meh, NA inhouses are back, thats the biggest change I think.

Why did you move to Korea?
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2016 9:52pm | Report
How is Life in Korea? and what games are you playing now if any?

And a little bit about me, I also quit league, and I moved to Overwatch and I just barely started posting here again as well, so I really don't know much about how the forums have been going so yep.
Sig by IPodPulse
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2016 4:40pm | Report
FatelBlade wrote:
Meh, NA inhouses are back, thats the biggest change I think.

Why did you move to Korea?

And you're all getting on fine without getting into fights?

I moved to Korea to start teaching here. Working up some experience and money before going into a counselling degree.

How is Life in Korea? and what games are you playing now if any?

And a little bit about me, I also quit league, and I moved to Overwatch and I just barely started posting here again as well, so I really don't know much about how the forums have been going so yep.

Korea is pretty damn good to me. It's a really good place for foreigners to live in general (absolute struggle if you are native Korean, though).

I'm playing Hearthstone, Starcraft 2 and Overwatch the most. I go into a PC room a few times a week to play and it's pretty cheap.

Are there people from the ol' days that don't come on MF anymore? Who is still around?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2016 4:49pm | Report
What's the biggest difference between living where you used to live (the UK right?) and living Korea now?
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2016 11:06pm | Report
Quoted:
What's the biggest difference between living where you used to live (the UK right?) and living Korea now?

There's a fair amount. Hard to say for sure. Korea is an interesting hybrid country that's both very traditional and progressive. I'd have to say the weather really sticks out, though. Extremely hot summers and extremely cold winters. Food culture is great - service is generally efficient with a good variety of foods to choose from, but they really love adding spice to everything...

But it's definitely the people. The biggest thing is definitely age. Age is everything in a lot of cases. Younger people generally have to do everything an older person tells them to do. Or someone more senior in the profession to you will be higher in the hierachy, but age will still play a significant part, so it's a delicate balancing. But in exchange for the younger people usually having to respect the elder, the elder will usually pay for stuff like food when they go out and eat, and so on.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide