Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

awww ****

Creator: caucheka October 26, 2011 2:32am
9 posts - page 1 of 1
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 2:32am | Report
Quoted:
According to Japan's Nikkei, Nintendo is to reveal a pre-tax loss of ¥100 billion (£821 million) when it reports its half-yearly financial results tomorrow.

The newspaper claims that the loss - which will almost double the ¥55 billion (£451 million) loss predicted by Nintendo - will be largely due to exchange rates. The strength of the Yen against the Euro is expected to account for a loss of ¥40 billion (£328 million).

Should Nikkei's claim be true it would mean Nintendo has sustained a loss of ¥74.5 billion (£611 million) in the last three months alone. Its financial results for the first quarter of its financial year, released in July, showed a loss of just ¥25.5 billion.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/nikkei-nintendo-post-%C2%A5100-billion-loss

thats 1.320 billion usd also.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 3:25am | Report
Better go buy a ton of pokemon ****
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 4:39pm | Report
Maybe if Nintendo made GAMES people would BUY THEM. Oh wait, they didn't realize that the casual gaming market made money based on not needing a console. Well, ****. Guess they're hoping that "Dora's DS Adventures" was going to carry them through the fiscal year...
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 7:38pm | Report
yeah, nintendo has been 'gambling' a lot of money on the 3ds (which had to cut sales price already) along with the wii u.

theres even word that some shareholders want nintendo to drop out of consoles/handhelds and just be a third party game company.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 7:41pm | Report
Sounds like Sega. How's that going for them, btw?

I really just wish that Nintendo would put it's time into developing games. And I mean, actual games. Have they forgotten why people buy the consoles? They aren't nifty coffee table accessories. >_>
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 7:44pm | Report
I really wish I could bring myself to care about this, but I don't.

Screw Nintendo.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 7:46pm | Report
I'm just dissapointed that Nintendo still hasn't given the US Mother 3.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 7:53pm | Report
Beeswarm17 wrote:

I really just wish that Nintendo would put it's time into developing games. And I mean, actual games. Have they forgotten why people buy the consoles? They aren't nifty coffee table accessories. >_>

by the way things look skyward sword will probably be their last major game release. im not really much of a fan of nintendo but it sucks seeing one of the 3 major video game companies fall.

the other thing too is that sony and microsoft make a bunch of money elsewhere, and nintendo is only their games.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 8:05pm | Report
Nintendo is also the only one of the three who actually makes money off of their consoles. The fact that they're recording losses is a huge indicator of how badly they're doing.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide