Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Dark Souls' first review

Creator: orochinagi September 22, 2011 10:20am
27 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2011 10:20am | Report
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2011 11:19am | Report
Seems to be a good game, nothing compared to Gears of War 3, but still fine.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2011 1:19pm | Report
sounds great, i just recently picked up demons souls for 20 bucks because of all the talk about it and was really impressed.

the devs even admitted to throwing in a bunch of end level black phantoms to deter anyone who got the game early. in a market dominated by stale military shooters, demons souls and dark souls are some of the most refreshing, unique games to come out over the past few years.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
orochinagi
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 4:03am | Report
Without doubts on the most frustrating games i've ever played (due to it's dificulty) but it's also one of the most rewarding games ever. hard to match the feeling u get when you defeat a boss in Demons Souls...

Quoted:

Dark Souls is many things: compelling, twisted, fascinating, addictive - but fun isn't one of them.

Priceless quote from the reviewer... i wish they'd just ship me the limited edition now -_-
10. The Blitz on your team will never land his grabs, but the one on the other team will.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 4:46am | Report
Lol, he's just probably too bad at the game :P
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
orochinagi
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 5:16am | Report
Searz wrote:

Lol, he's just probably too bad at the game :P

Played the Demons Soul? The general opinion of the community (even those who finished it and even did platinum trophy) is that the game is quite demanding and hard (not to mention frustrating).

Dark Souls is acknowledged by everyone as being even more challenging than the first installment... and it features an open world :D
50. Most importantly, yes, they Have Baron warded. No, I don't want to go for him at the moment.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 5:25am | Report
So how is it compared to Ninja Gaiden 1? I loved the difficulty in that game :3
(it's well known to be quite hard)
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
orochinagi
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 5:36am | Report
Didn't play ninja gaiden but...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27082480
7. Shouting Demacia, either irl or in /all, has been known to improve your game play.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 5:45am | Report
I think most people are thinking about Ninja Guiden sigma 1 or 2 or Ninja Gaiden 2.
I'm talking Ninja Gaiden 1. From what I've heard number 2 isn't as good.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
orochinagi
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 5:48am | Report
Not really sure. But one thing is for sure, the game is punishing.
There's no luck involved. It's all about skill and you usually get punished hard for your mistakes.

Besides that, on Demon Souls there's always the fear of invasion (by another player, since u're permanently online)...

It's definitely a game in which you either get better or die trying.

Quoted:

What makes it so hard:

At any stage of the game, regardless of your equipment you can be one punched by enemies.
Healing items (if you're not a cleric) can be very scarce during the first couple levels.
Traps come out of no where, as do hidden enemies without warning. (these sometimes knock you off cliffs to your doom)
Upon death all progress in a level is lost, as are money (souls) gained,
To use an item or cast a spell you lost control of your character for about 2.5 seconds...thus a one punch off a cliff...
Each boss has a different strategy that you must adhere to or be devoured...or one punched off of a cliff
One punched off a cliff...did I mention that yet?
That one level where there's lava at the bottom of a long cavern...anyone figure out what all that lava was about?
Unique enemies called "Phantoms" that are red glowing super mobs that have more health than some bosses
The psychological aspect of being killed by hideous monsters in a nightmarish world that saps you of hope.
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide