Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Death sentence

Creator: IShouldGetALife June 25, 2013 12:54am
107 posts - page 10 of 11
Should capital punishment be legal?
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 11:02am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Kicking them in to an other country wouldn't be a smart idea indeed, unless the laws are so different, that the illegal things he did in one country, would be legal in another country. Since that is most of the times not the case, I was more thinking of a Dark Knight Rises scenario, where we throw them in a hole or an island scenario, where we just throw them on abandoned islands and oilrigs.

Something like that :P

Oh, so we conveniently locate them all in one place?

I can't see how this will go wrong at all. :3
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 11:04am | Report
What the **** is wrong with you, dude? Are you actually that stupid or are you a troll?

"you can't prove to me that being alive is better than being dead."

That's probably the dumbest thing I've read in my entire life.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 11:10am | Report
you can't either because you were never dead, as far as you remember, so you can't say if it is good or bad.

you will say it is bad, because all you have even known is that you are alive. even if it felt good being dead, you couldn't really say, could you?

Sig made by Hogopogo
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 11:41am | Report
Of course it should be legal 3:.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 11:44am | Report
sirell wrote:

Oh, so we conveniently locate them all in one place?

I can't see how this will go wrong at all. :3

Whatever goes wrong on that location is their problem, not ours :D

Pheyniex wrote:
unfortunately you can't prove to me that being alive is better than being dead.
i can also tell you have never been raped. some people don't recover, the majority never forgets. it will always impact the behavior of the victim.

Death is still permanent. When you eventually die, there is no coming back (unless the hindoeïsts and buddhists were right after all, and I become a dog in my next life :3)
With rape, you actually DO have the chance to get back on track, a chance a dead man would never get.

We could philosophize for hours if the things after Death are better or worse then they are here, but then we wouldn't get anywhere :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 11:51am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

you can't either because you were never dead, as far as you remember, so you can't say if it is good or bad.

you will say it is bad, because all you have even known is that you are alive. even if it felt good being dead, you couldn't really say, could you?

That is so damn stupid it actually makes sense.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 4:06pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

When you eventually die, there is no coming back (unless the hindoeïsts and buddhists were right after all, and I become a dog in my next life :3)

dogs have it made...well my dog anyways..though he got fleas a couple days ago :( luckily they make meds for that.

people kinda passed over this buttt.....glad you are hanging in their skid. I can't start to relate but I do know that living allows you the potential to make a difference in others lives and i think that is worth trucking on for.

everyone handles damage differently as we are all different and have learned to cope differently. that is why we constantly argue in off-topic XD

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 6:53pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Whatever goes wrong on that location is their problem, not ours :D

Well, I was wondering what would happen if they somehow, y'know, got OFF the island.

Meiyjhe wrote:

Death is still permanent. When you eventually die, there is no coming back (unless the hindoeïsts and buddhists were right after all, and I become a dog in my next life :3)
With rape, you actually DO have the chance to get back on track, a chance a dead man would never get.

We could philosophize for hours if the things after Death are better or worse then they are here, but then we wouldn't get anywhere :P

Coincidentally, my dissertation thesis is on the topic of death, so perhaps I can help with this.

If we talk of death as a permanent end to life (no afterlife, just void), the question arises whether death is a bad thing or, in this case, whether death is better or worse than life.

To paraphrase what otherwise would be a slightly long-winded argument, if we were to measure life experiences as positive aspects, then death quite obviously has no quantitative value. The experience of death does not add to your experiences. On the other hand, the experiences of being alive can be easily quantified with a positive value. When the value of death is compared with the value of being alive, you are comparing something which is meaningless to something which can and is assigned positive meaning.

Now, you may say ask, why does this make life any better than death? In addition, there can be life experiences which arguably subtract from your life experiences (being in a coma, amnesia, etc) or which cannot be agreed upon as adding to life (constant pains). But the point is not this. When you are alive, there is always a chance that life may get better for you, no matter how bad. Death is the complete and absolute deprivation of all positive aspects. It is a tragedy, even if it's an inevitable one.

You may say 'death comes to us all', but that does not make the prospect of dying any less unpleasant. If we were to say that you were inevitably going to die of excruciating agony for 6 months, the fact that it is inevitable does not make the prospect any less unappealing, does it? The same can be said for death.

There is a reason why we mourn the dead. They lose out on what they could have had or could have been if they continued living or had their bodies not failed them.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 12:46am | Report
bro i think sirell was trying to say you should help the people that are still suffering from it instead of telling them to suck it up, cuz obviously by the sound of it that one girl needs help

also i have no idea why sending them to a different place is really an option, we have prisons to send people to why send people over seas or whatever

what im surprised hasnt been considered is putting these people in the army in the front line, that way they get to murder as many people as they want and its k cuz war
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 1:11am | Report
Well, the problem with the military thing, is that we eventually have so much criminal soldiers, that they could cause chaos and rebellion both within the army as in the country. If they would listen, then you would get an overdose of criminals walking in the way of the real soldiers, which might be more negative than positive. Then the final problem with this is that you need wars. If you have that many criminals in your base, waiting to do nothing, that aint no punishment.

Though it is a fun idea that you want to make the criminals useful in a sort of way, I don't think this is the most optimal way to do it :P

Maybe we can use them for medical reasons (like blood n organ donating, experiments n stuff) or labor reasons (like mining or something) or whatever :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide