Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Death sentence

Creator: IShouldGetALife June 25, 2013 12:54am
107 posts - page 5 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Should capital punishment be legal?
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 5:41am | Report

How could I kid on this? If someone can kill another human then they certainly can lie (or try to) lie their way to freedom, and anyway why should they be treated as humans and given a second chance? why should they have a second chance when whoever they killed couldn't and considering the amount of repeat offenders and people that murder on parole should they get a third chance? NO. The world a right now is ****ed up and if you deny that you are blind right now we give murderer's second chances when they didn't give their victims second chances and we let rapists go free. Why give someone a second chance if they **** up? say you're at school and you fail a class, the teachers will most likely let you try and redeem your grade, I'm sorry but you ****ed up you face the consequences, you kill someone you don't deserve a second chance.

Second chance?
People on death row are always offered a last meal. How does eating food equate to being given a second chance. You're pulling all this stuff out of your ***. No one who has ever been on death row has escaped the sentence, ever.
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 7:07am | Report
While I am generally for "an eye for an eye" punishment, I'm against death penality, since the reasoning behind trial is not only the person being brought to his just desserts but also helping the community/saving lives of people who might be affected by said person in the future.

People who would get the death penality would be locked into prison with only the uttermost basic rights, would have to work for their food, and belongings, but should not be killed.

I'm streets ahead. If you don't get it you're streets behind.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 8:43am | Report
Searz wrote:

Why isn't writing them off as 'scum' okay when writing them 'off' as human is?

Eh? They were humans to begin with. There's nothing to 'write off' concerning that.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 10:11am | Report

People who would get the death penality would be locked into prison with only the uttermost basic rights, would have to work for their food, and belongings, but should not be killed.

making them living test subjects for medicine and other areas is way more interesting.

Sig made by Tamy
Werepirelord
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 11:09am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

making them living test subjects for medicine and other areas is way more interesting.

Cruel, but giving them that option would probably be appropriate.

Tah beh, or nat tah beh. BOOM! Nat tah beh.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 7:22am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

Now THAT would be scary. Seriously, this shows what evil masterminds you actually are. Not sure if totally kidding.
By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what's happening in prisons right now.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Werepirelord
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2013 5:35am | Report
If we get on towards the future, we might be able to repeat what the British did with Australia and send them to a far-off well supervised space-colony.

I'm streets ahead. If you don't get it you're streets behind.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 1:58pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

I think we should throw all prisoners on an abandoned island. Let them survive on their own. We don't care about the prisoners anymore, whether they live, die, whatever.

It would be a very cheap solution and a very effective one.

Just throw them on an island, problem solved :P

YES another Australia! I really want to go to the first Australia but an Australia junior should work.

Searz wrote:

I'm not necessarily against the idea of killing somebody for their crimes if enough proof can be provided, but the system in its current instance is a HUGE sink of tax money in the US for example. And such a system is just a waste, so I'd be for abolishing that if anything.

i agree with this on the whole lol

we haven't gotten to a point where the justice system gets it right 100% of the time. mind you forensic testing has gotten us MUCH closer...though even than the element of a human jury rolls the dice a bit no? i don't like the idea of taking an innocent man's life...

i do have to admit though...the whole 'hey we have twenty witness and physical evidence that say this man chopped off these 20 kids heads...we should lock him up for insanity'...no...we should make him suffer for years...maybe chop off a finger or toe once a year..something along those lines....lethal injection is too quick and painless for crazies like that.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 2:49pm | Report
i dunno about you Bio but being stuck in a room for the rest of my life all alone is gonna make me suffer a whole lot more than getting a finger chopped off for a year

its more of a psychological suffering which is worse than physical suffering, because you can heal from the fingers getting chopped off thing you have

plus that falls into the "cruel and unusual punishment" that murca isnt supposed to do
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 2:54pm | Report
^ why not combine the two and make it double the fun? :)

yeah I know we aren't supposed to do that...but murica does lots of stuff it isn't supposed to do XD

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide