Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

E3 2015 Thread

Creator: DillButt64 June 14, 2015 11:28pm
99 posts - page 1 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2015 11:28pm | Report
So now that E3 is here what is everyones thoughts on the new things coming out? so far Nintendo showed off a new game called Blastsomething (soccer/football with guns) along with the SSB4 DLC while Bethesda showed off Doom, Dishonored 2, Elder Scrolls Legends(new strategy card game), the Battlecry alpha coming to other countries, Fallout Shelter, and a lot of information on Fallout 4

any thoughts on these and predictions for later?

E3 stream: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 3:20am | Report
My thoughts are that these things are stupid.
Why hype a game you have no idea of whether it will be good or not? Do you not remember what happened with things like Aliens: Colonial Marines or Watch Dogs?
Why play an early version of a game you will have absolutely zero input into the creation of?
There are THOUSANDS of great games on the market already. Go play one of those instead of drooling over upcoming games which we don't even know the quality of.
These things are done by the companies to get the hype train running.
They serve little actual purpose for us consumers.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 3:40am | Report
Because it's fun. I mean, I love seeing what big conferences like E3, Computex, Gamescom and others alike bring and love looking forward to great new games/hardware. Does it serve only to get the hype train running? Mostly, but it also gives me the chance to see some games I wouldn't have seen otherwise (like Doom).
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 3:59am | Report
Searz, while I agree with you for the most part. I feel sad that we're both cynical towards the topic. Can we go back to childhood wonder and desperately waiting for the next nintendo power to read a paragraph that barely describes an upcoming game? I miss that. Everyone's jaded and cynical today.

Personally I am super excite for Fallout 4 though, all the new stuff they showed looked amazing. Plus the statement of not knowing if it's good or not is moot with Bethesda games because A. they pretty much make the same game every time (Big Sandbox to play in with some story you're likely to ignore), and B. any percieved flaws in the game will be modded away.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 4:05am | Report
Searz, while I agree with you for the most part. I feel sad that we're both cynical towards the topic. Can we go back to childhood wonder and desperately waiting for the next nintendo power to read a paragraph that barely describes an upcoming game? I miss that. Everyone's jaded and cynical today.

Personally I am super excite for Fallout 4 though, all the new stuff they showed looked amazing. Plus the statement of not knowing if it's good or not is moot with Bethesda games because A. they pretty much make the same game every time (Big Sandbox to play in with some story you're likely to ignore), and B. any percieved flaws in the game will be modded away.

Exactly this, although I do not ignore the storyline myself (I'm a big storyline hog)

Also I'd like to add that Bethesda has a good reputation of holding up to their promises and delivering a game that's at least playable upon release (*ahem* ubisoft *ahem*).
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 4:20am | Report

Pretty excited for Dishonored 2, loved the first game. Not sure how I feel about the addition of those robotic creatures though.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 5:06am | Report
Super excited for Dishonored 2!

Also really excited for Fallout 4 (of course) and even Doom looked pretty sweet! E3 is already off to a great start :D

Now bring on the Halo 5 conference! :)
I can't take back the words I never said
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 8:08am | Report
@You guys that are excited for Dishonored 2:
You've probably missed one of Arkane's older games(the developer of Dishonored).
Go play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic instead of hyping an unreleased game. It's dirt cheap on Steam right now (~3bucks)
It's a fantastic game. Arkane has made a few great games. Including Bioshock 2, which is clearly the best Bioshock game (gameplay-wise, BS1 still has the best story).

AS THEY SHOULD BE.
Cynicism is great and should be embraced.
Look at what the world actually is, rather than what you wish it was.
It saves you time, disappointment and money.
Vynertje wrote:
but it also gives me the chance to see some games I wouldn't have seen otherwise (like Doom).

Why would you not otherwise see them? Is there a benefit to seeing them?
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 8:52am | Report
Why I wouldn't otherwise see them? I don't know, I just don't get to know these games because they don't all magically appear somewhere for me to find out about them. The benefit is that I might stumble upon some interesting games and enjoy playing them, or just enjoy watching a new different genre of games I normally would never bother playing.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2015 10:22am | Report
Microsoft played the retrocompatibility card, your move Sony.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide