Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

E3 2015 Thread

Creator: DillButt64 June 14, 2015 11:28pm
99 posts - page 7 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 12:38am | Report

You should know that the only thing holding gaming back is nostalgia blindness.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:08am | Report
Nostalgia blindness.
Not anymore folks.

Basically MOBAFire.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:11am | Report
Yeah, because Nintendo is definitely relevant for their exciting brand new I.P's.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:19am | Report
I was talking about Mass Effect.
I mean true nostalgia would be getting Mass Effect 3 with a better ending, but this is sort of halfway there.

Basically MOBAFire.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:23am | Report
No, I think nostalgia would have made the ending to ME3 worse.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:23am | Report
Nostalgia blindness shouldn't necessarily a bad thing though. If someone genuinely likes a product, who is anyone else to chastise them for enjoying it? It doesn't matter if they are "blind" to how bad it is. If they enjoy it, that's no one elses business.
At the end of the day we need to realize that not only video games, but also movies and music are created for entertainment at the discretion of the consumer and everyone has their own flavors for each. I mean, it's a common practice to enjoy "bad" movies, or even bad musicians ironically. The same can go for video games. Call of Duty are considered terrible by many of the gaming community, but think about how many people enjoy playing them and continue buying them. It doesn't matter if it's bad. The company knows their demographic, and continues the strong sales regardless of what the jaded gaming community has to say about them.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:26am | Report
CoD is an example of holding the industry back though, because of nostalgia blindness.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:27am | Report
No, I think nostalgia would have made the ending to ME3 worse.

This *****torm is always funny to me. The ending wasn't even that terrible (the red blue green thing was comical, but games have ended in far worse ways), people were mostly butthurt that Bioware lied about how many endings there would be, and that none of the choices they made seemed to have any impact.

People blame Bioware for this, even though they really had now say in it as the game got rushed out the door a few months before they could finish the endings they wanted by EA. EA has since learned their mistake and actually gives Bioware the time they need to finish games like Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have high hopes for Andromeda.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 1:29am | Report
CoD is an example of holding the industry back though, because of nostalgia blindness.

Because it's essentially the same game over and over again with slightly new mechanics? Yeah, a bit. Pokemon does the same thing. But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it never really applied any more perfect than it does with games. Nintendo has known this for years, and while they might get scorn from this generation of gamers for doing so, they still make bank.

Edit: I realize that I've been accused of being a bleeding heart for these companies before. I'm really not. I just look at these things from their perspective rather than my own. They treat this as a business, which it is. Their job is to sell games, not make you happy with every single part of said games.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 2:22am | Report
I'm just saying, if companies took a page from Sony and released a constant string of new and exciting I.P's. The gaming industry would be a much better place than it is now. I do Game Design in my spare time when I'm not playing League, I know you can't get to crazy with your imagination. But, how is it good for business to keep making the same thing? While having too much imagination is risky, but not having enough holds the business back.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide