Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

E3 THREAD??

Creator: caucheka June 8, 2011 4:54am
27 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 4:54am | Report
WHY DON'T WE HAVE ONE OF THESE YET

for those of you who missed out:

MICROSOFT

mostly just focusing on trying to sell as many kinect units as possible, same thing its been since kinect first came out. they also are releasing a hd version of the original halo along with halo 4-6. they're really still trying to push kinect by having it optional with the new halo and gears.

SONY

started off with an apology about psn. talked about uncharted 3, resistance 3, bunch of other ps3 exclusives. team ico hd collection (ico and shadow of the colossus) along with the god of war origins collection (the 2 psp games on the ps3 with 3d capabilities.) talked about the move with the move bundle (move controller, the camera, the move gun and resistance 3 for 150), new 3d tvs built for the ps3.

playstation vita announced fully, or otherwise known as the psp2. nothing really special.

also probably the biggest surprise overall for e3 was Sly Cooper, Thieves in Time aka sly4. however its not made by sucker punch its actually made by sanzaru games, the guys who did the hd collection.

EA

sports games. not much to see there. also a little about tor, me3, and EA origin, which is basically steam if it only had ea games and was run by ea.

NINTENDO

a bunch of 3d rereleases of 64 games and some new sequels to nintendo's ips lined up for the 3ds. nothing about the wii. however they did have some minor info about their new console, the Wii U. (i heard the u stands for uber.. whatever.)

anyway its a wii with slightly better hardware than the ps3. the controllers look like game boy advanceds with the touchscreen in the middle, oh but with analog sticks as well.

that was pretty much the main show, a few select video games getting talked about here and there, mostly wanting to catch arkham city right now, and war in the north.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 5:05am | Report
I am really hyped about sly4 :)

Looking forward to play ico and shadow of the colossus again, i was way to young to really apriciate those games before, need to give them another try.

Kinect = Danceing/casual games. Don't bring it to my Mass effect as a gimick ;<

I don't give a **** about nintendo...

EA= EVIL!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 5:14am | Report
i dont really care for nintendo either. just like with the wii they kept talking about how different it is and new innovation, but the wii failed to live up to this so called innovation, by the time the wii started to decline i was seeing less and less focus on the motion controlled aspect.

i havnt played ico but i got about halfway through sotc, damn it was so fun. im thinking about buying a psv because i don't have a handheld (havnt had one in years) and i dont see much point in getting a psp if the psv comes out in the next year.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 5:37am | Report
Regarding Kinetic I remember seeing this:

Funny concept... but doesn't appeal that much to me. And besides, there seems to be some delay on the action response
36. Just because you're losing doesn't mean you are the best on your team, it means you are losing, too.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 5:48am | Report
eh, it looked interesting but once he shot the guns a few times.. eww, to say the least.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 5:54am | Report
caucheka wrote:

eh, it looked interesting but once he shot the guns a few times.. eww, to say the least.

Yep, as I mentioned... some delay on action response and I must say that the voice thingy looks good...
Personally I think it's usable for the menus and such but not for gameplay >_>
7. Shouting Demacia, either irl or in /all, has been known to improve your game play.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 6:12am | Report
its funny because when i heard halo was on kinect i had no idea how that would work. and then seeing this its like "look, im holding a gun and pulling a trigger."

good job.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 6:13am | Report
As i said, kinect is not meant for fps, raceing games etc... It just comes out gimicky and does not make any sense -..-
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 6:31am | Report
imo, microsoft shoulda quit @ Halo 3. End it on a good note, if they're gonna continue it, better make it godlike.

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 9:07am | Report
Microsoft is trying too hard now. It's all about "Hey look! We got cool stuff now" instead of "Hey! We have fun games!".
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide