Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Edward Snowden, Laura Poitras and Glenn...

Creator: Searz March 3, 2015 1:10pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 1:10pm | Report
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2wwdep/we_are_edward_snowden_laura_poitras_and_glenn/

I just got done reading all the responses in this one. Questions will no longer be answered, but I just wanted to bring it to the attention of those who might have missed it. Some truly great stuff was written here. Well worth reading if you're at all interested in your personal rights.

Here's a quote from the thread:
"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden

Laura and Glenn are both involved in a documentary regarding Edward, which is why they joined in too.
The documentary is called Citizen Four and can be downloaded legally from here (scroll down until you get to "SD-Auflösung", and then choose Standard Definition or High Definition).

Citizenfour apparently won an oscar for best documentary.
I'm definitely watching it, and soon.

And here's an interesting site to visit if you wanna learn how to gain at least somewhat proper privacy on the net.

IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 2:35pm | Report
This was a very interesting AmA, I was quite shocked to open reddit sync and find this to be the top post on the front page. The topic was interesting and I was really surprised to see Edward Snowden himself take part of the AmA, something that I thought for sure he would never do.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Signature I made. Want one like it? Check out my shop here
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 2:40pm | Report
Interesting, will check this out when I have the time.

About prism-break, just skimmed through some of the lists and there are things I definitely agree with, like excluding Chromium from the browser list. One of the things that annoy me is that they provide a warning at the top of the page for Windows but not for OSX. I don't believe that the source code of all the listed programs has been looked at either, just them being open-source is enough. It's all a bit ironic anyway xD
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide