Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Elo Buff

Creator: TheRedPenguin June 11, 2012 11:21am
25 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 5:57pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

I AM SO UNLIKING YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE >:CCCCC

hue

Thanks guys,I actually subscribed to ELOBUFF.
I will give my opinions in like after a day then after a week etc.

Please do, I'm really curious :)
TheRedPenguin
<Inhouse Regular>
TheRedPenguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2012 5:55am | Report
Day 1:
I actually had some problems navigating myself in ELOBUFF, but I got used to it after 1-2 hours.
It has some interessting stats what people usually build on champs.
Never knew TBC would be good on Varus!

The following feature is actually nice!
You know your friends strenghts and weaknesses and yours too, so you know against what matchups you need training and what matchups synergize well with you.

Also shows Win Rate/Amount of games played with friends.So you know with which one you usually win with.It's a nice tiny feature.

What I did notice and do need is the game length.It hasn't been implented yet by ELOBUFF staffs yet, but I checked the forums and they are trying to do their best to get as much "stat showings" as possible.

The only big downside of ELOBUFF is the beginning since it will only track 10 games of your friends and you.Except if someone already has ELOBUFF or is being followed(not really sure about this.)

I HIGHLY recommend it for people who are in teams since if they were to fight another team they could prepare and check which champions the other team is good with to help them at the banning phase.

It's also good to check out new builds and new trends coming in champs,like nautilus is being played a hella lot now!So it's good for players who REALLY like starring at stats.

Not recommended for newbies at all though, you do need some knowledge since they don't explain some terms that newbies might not understand like:AD/AP/bruiser or who don't know many known players.But that's somewhat remedied by being recommended by ELOBUFF which Pro player you could follow.(I followed aphromoo my fav ad and streamer.)

For now I don't regret paying 5 euros or 6 dollars.
TheRedPenguin
<Inhouse Regular>
TheRedPenguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2012 10:21am | Report
After a few days or maybe a week already:

The stats aren't coming too handy anymore BUT seeing what people or pro players buy against the enemy is pretty interessting.

Also noticing how people have their change of taste what champions they usually play.

It's nice to also see runepages of livestreamers in elobuff because sometimes you don't know what runes they are using during the game or what runes they have.

I still don't regret paying 5 euros or 6 dollars.YET
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2012 1:37pm | Report
i have access elobuff (friend's account) and this is what i would say about it: tons and tons of stats. stats upon stats. is it really that useful? probably not. wickd said it best imo, it's best for pro gamers and teams, but for the casual gamer it isn't really worth it.

why? because if you are on a team, competing in a tournament, say, go4lol, and you have very little expirience vs that team, you can look them up on elobuff and see exactly what they play. their top laner has 2k games played as wukong? now you can ban out wukong and maybe he's not as good at other champs. you can see comps they like to run. it's also useful when learning a new champ to see the most common builds and runepages.

so pretty much for the 99.5% of players who play league: not worth it. for the other .5% totes check it out. i really don't think it's going to help a 1200 player get any better, but the stats are pretty cool and useful.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2012 2:26pm | Report
Cool, thanks for the infos gents.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide