Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Good news

Creator: TheJohn September 29, 2011 10:19am
46 posts - page 2 of 5
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 11:09am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

@DuffMan

How did a beer mascot ever become so wise?

I sat down on a tree stump one day when I was 13 years old and thought about life. I set down my lunchbox.

Ten years later, when I was done thinking, I had an epic neckbeard, and found myself wearing a plaid shirt. My lunchbox had turned into an axe, and I went and chopped down a redwood tree. I promptly ate it.

I had become a real man.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 11:13am | Report
I had to come back and say this:

This all happened once when I was a member of LeagueCraft. Of course there were trolls there, maybe more than I thought a forum could have. If someone makes a joke now, another one does a different one later, it's OK, but people who have a title, have honor, offending people? That's not acceptable.
You don't see presidents saying that people are just ****, and their opinions are idiot.

And really, I'm maybe the youngest among the ones who post a lot here, but even I know when the joke isn't funny anymore.

Maybe I'll come back, but it's gonna take some time. Just think I'm going to travel for a long time.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 11:16am | Report
I know how it feels.

I felt ridiculed when Summoner/Jet told me the vets thought I was a joke (who knows what the truth actually is).

Ooh and I can't forget the time when he followed me around for several days telling everyone to ignore everything I said....=_=

Or, more recently, when someone called me "weak" because I defended someone who is suffering from clinical depression (this may not have been the said poster's intent, but this is how I felt afterwards).

We've all been teased, trolled, and/or insulted here on MOBAfire at least once.

But you just slog through it and eventually you'll make some friends.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 11:29am | Report
The truth is John, if I posted in a German forum or a Portuguese forum, my words would be out of order and broken up, or simply wrong altogether, and people would poke fun or laugh etc. And that's not my fault for not speaking German or Portuguese as my native language. I didn't do anything wrong. I'm trying to learn the language and speak it well, and participating in a forum like this is a good way to help improve in that realm as well.

If you're being made fun of for something you didn't even do wrong, then just take a small step back, and realize that it's meaningless. You've done everything you could in that respect, so it's no sweat off your back.

Also, if you are in fact a lot younger, then it does make sense that a joke would hit home deeper than it might if someone made a joke about me. I'm 23 years old, live on my own, work for my own food, etc. And I'm used to people trying to get what I have and such, there's a reason they call it a dog eat dog world.

I should note that when you finally move out and live on your own and experience people who are trying to take advantage of you to get your money, take your job, steal from you, whatever the case may be, it hardens you a bit. So people who have been through all of that, they're not going to be as sensitive to a joke, you know what I mean?

To you the joke may have been insulting, but to them if someone made the same joke, they legitimately might not have cared at all. Hell, they might have even laughed.

Soooo all this rambling to say, take a break if you need it, cool off a bit, realize that sometimes people will try to bring you down, but other times something might be said without a second though, no cruel intention, and try to recognize the difference. That's not just a Mobafire piece of advice, that's life in general.

We'll still be here when you're ready to come back mate. *Pat on back.*

(P.S, John, Voce fala portugues?)
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 12:15pm | Report
Ah cmon, even if I'm mad, I cant forget my friends. Really man, I realized this before, but there sure is a reason why I'm so good as tankers and suports: I do everything to help and protect my friends.
I got really mad, but when I read what you guys are saying, it really proves that you guys are my friends, and I don't leave them behind.

I'm really sorry, I made this mess and went back to the start.

And yes Duff, I speak portuguese.
WaffleWarrior
<Member>
WaffleWarrior's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 12:15pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

I had to come back and say this:

This all happened once when I was a member of LeagueCraft. Of course there were trolls there, maybe more than I thought a forum could have. If someone makes a joke now, another one does a different one later, it's OK, but people who have a title, have honor, offending people? That's not acceptable.
You don't see presidents saying that people are just ****, and their opinions are idiot.

And really, I'm maybe the youngest among the ones who post a lot here, but even I know when the joke isn't funny anymore.

Maybe I'll come back, but it's gonna take some time. Just think I'm going to travel for a long time.

i'm pretty sure that obama called kanye a jackass. but besides the point. come back plox. and you have never accepted my friend request on LOL

Thanks for the amazing sigs Brynolf,JEFFY40HANDS, Katoki, and myself
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 12:23pm | Report

i'm pretty sure that obama called kanye a jackass. but besides the point. come back plox. and you have never accepted my friend request on LOL

Have you ever sent it? No one has added me for a month or two excluding friends of friends.
WaffleWarrior
<Member>
WaffleWarrior's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 12:24pm | Report
Is hellruler the wrong name?

Thanks for the amazing sigs Brynolf,JEFFY40HANDS, Katoki, and myself
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 12:26pm | Report

Is hellruler the wrong name?

Its HELLruler, the "hell" is written in capital letters.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 1:05pm | Report
I'm feeling the love. <3

Random pony picture because I can.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide