Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Humble Game Making Bundle

Creator: Searz July 19, 2015 6:07am
13 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 6:07am | Report
https://www.humblebundle.com/

I've been thinking about whether to get this one for a while now and I'm having trouble deciding. Some of the tools just seem rather useless and the games are even more so.
What are your thoughts?
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 6:12am | Report
I would buy it if I hadn't bought a similiar bundle awhile ago.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 6:29am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I would buy it if I hadn't bought a similiar bundle awhile ago.

Which one, and what did it contain?
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 6:35am | Report
Can't remember but it contained like game dev tools and programs with some higher rated indie games. It inluded something more but I can't recall what it was anymore.

I wouldn't buy this bundle for the games but for the tools.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 6:37am | Report
Okay, well, what are your thoughts on this one? Do the tools seem useful? Because I'm in doubt.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 7:47am | Report
I think it's a "uncomplete" pack of tools that are slightly going out of favor as new better ones are out there but they're not completly useless, you can get stuff done with them. I would rather buy this bundle than the one I bought back then so I would pay the $12 if I wouldn't have 1 similiar one bought. (Also I'm kinda short on money).

So basically I would buy this one if I hadn't bought the similiar bundle but I would recommend you to skip this one if you're not into this kind of stuff as the tools are time consuming and there are few better ones out there anyway.

Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 8:30am | Report
If you were to buy everything separate it's still going to cost around 2500, even though some of the tools are outdated, it's a great starting point if you don't have any game making tools.

I got it just for when/if I get some free time I will be able to goof around with it.
Sig by Emikadon
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 10:11am | Report
Honestly, all the stuff is pretty good, especially the RPG makers, and the free game is pretty nice too.

All of the other programs are "skill-less programs" though. Meaning, if you know what you're doing and you know how to animate, pixel art, etc, they're not super useful. But if you're an amateur like me, or you need something to study from, since one of them is a really good learning tool, I would get them.

The coupons you get for buying only the lowest tier are pretty nice if you want to play with super outdated versions of RPG Maker. Of course, you do get licenses for all the assets included with them, so that's super nice.

Haven't tried out the 1 year of stencyl or the 3 months of play canvas yet though. I've been busy working on my entry for the contest that they're doing.

The DLC is really not worth it though. 9 times out of 10, the stuff is really low quality, or doesn't even begin to fit an art style you'd want to use. Like 3D renders used as sprites. Disgusting really.

The free game is pretty decent IMO. It's a sidescrolling platform shooter akin to megaman, just without the stage select.

Do with this info what you please.
True love is found only in yourself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 10:13am | Report
^Thanks for the info.

I'm honestly more interested in Unity and open source stuff (Blender and the like). Some of these tools are for engines I've never heard of, and that I doubt are as flexible and useful as the bigger ones (Unity/UE4/CE3/S2).
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 10:21am | Report
RPG Maker is the only tool I ever really ended up using and liking (I'm still using it). Like that's the most used and useful tool in the current bundle that makes it worth considering.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide