Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

It's time for the Season 14 Guide Contest! Create or update guides during the following week to compete for the $4,500 prize pool! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Official Phone Thread

Creator: Janitsu November 23, 2014 8:11pm
66 posts - page 3 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12983
Joined:
Jan 17th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 12:16pm | Report
It's a Verizon specific Blackberry, so I assume it would?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 12:17pm | Report
It's a Verizon specific Blackberry, so I assume it would?

Indeed it would.
Good luck.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3039
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 12:19pm | Report
For putting a SIM card in a phone? No. I don't even think they posses the magics to even tell you did it, but if they do, you just did what some random guy wrote on the internet and you had no idea what you were doing.

For cutting a SIM card yourself? Yes. I'm the living example of that. But I'm clumsy so maybe you'll be able to do it right. Around here it costs €5,- to get it cut at a phone shop, which I guess is less than what they paid for the bloody cutter they use for it. But at least you can yell at them if something goes wrong.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 12:24pm | Report
For cutting a SIM card yourself? Yes. I'm the living example of that. But I'm clumsy so maybe you'll be able to do it right. Around here it costs €5,- to get it cut at a phone shop, which I guess is less than what they paid for the bloody cutter they use for it. But at least you can yell at them if something goes wrong.

I'm Swedish, but over here we can get a replacement SIM for free if we visit a store.
They're incredibly cheap to make so it makes no sense why they'd charge for it. But then again, telecoms in the US are complete and utter ****..

IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1306
Joined:
Sep 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 12:29pm | Report
Man whoever told you you need to buy a data plan just to unlock an already Verizon phone is a complete dumb ***. I'm questioning on why they are trying to force you to buy a data plan just for a phone unlock, is that even legal? If you do decide to not stay with the blackberry and have a different phone in mind just buy that and get it unlocked by a 3rd party company like Wireless Wave, you just pay them a fee and they will unlock the phone for you, making it capable for any phone company, from there you can go to Verizon, and buy a sim card for the phone. They can't force you to buy a data plan unless you signed a contract that only allows phone switching for data but that is highly unlikely and probably not possible since they can't control the phone you chose to buy.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Embrace the shadow... we got cookies and signatures, and all you have to do is stop by LaCorpse's Signature Café
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8829
Joined:
Jul 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 12:43pm | Report
soo if I want to install CM now, what should I do?


(yes I am very bad with technical stuff)

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12983
Joined:
Jan 17th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 12:52pm | Report
IPodPulse wrote:
Man whoever told you you need to buy a data plan just to unlock an already Verizon phone is a complete dumb ***. I'm questioning on why they are trying to force you to buy a data plan just for a phone unlock, is that even legal? If you do decide to not stay with the blackberry and have a different phone in mind just buy that and get it unlocked by a 3rd party company like Wireless Wave, you just pay them a fee and they will unlock the phone for you, making it capable for any phone company, from there you can go to Verizon, and buy a sim card for the phone. They can't force you to buy a data plan unless you signed a contract that only allows phone switching for data but that is highly unlikely and probably not possible since they can't control the phone you chose to buy.
It's seriously all over that people are asking about it, this isn't some new thing that the people here in SD are just making up.

For example:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/114057
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/262096#262096
(these happen to be on the VZW forums, but I've found other sources)

It might only be in the US that they'd require something so asinine, but it's pretty clear that a lot of people think and say you're required to have a data plan to be able to activate a smartphone, PDA, or blackberry on a VZW plan, whether you buy it from them or not. There's a list of older smartphone models that apparently avoid this requirement, but outside that I haven't found anything to the contrary.
Greenevers
<Member>
Greenevers's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6
Joined:
Jul 30th, 2014
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 1:06pm | Report
CM is great. If don't feel comfortable getting it on your current phone, I suggest you to invest in the OnePlus One. I might get it soon, it's a great phone for specs that of the S5 and less than half the price (off contract).

But here is the tutorial to install CM it's pretty easy since you don't need a root. I might think of rooting my phone again since my warranty has expired anyway. If you want direct downloads go here. Good luck adminstu
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3039
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 1:08pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
soo if I want to install CM now, what should I do?


(yes I am very bad with technical stuff)
Never done it, but it looks like you can do it the easy way using these instructions:
http://beta.download.cyanogenmod.org/install

Make sure your phone is listed here (but don't download it from here, try the instructions above first):
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/
More pretty list:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/index.php?title=Devices

The OK my phone totally isn't in those lists list:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Unofficial_Ports
If it's only in this list you probably won't get away with the "easy way" and you'll have to flash it manually. I only flashed a few times so you might want to ask someone else for help with that. (If you do, tell us what phone you're using)

Make sure you create a backup of your stuff first. Take extra care with contacts and maybe WhatsApp conversations (you can archive both from the respective apps). You can probably also access your home folder if you connect your phone to your computer using a cable. And/Or you can do a full backup using some app or adb(http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/general/guide-phone-backup-unlock-root-t1420351 he's talking about it being undocumented but that's untrue, at least these days)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8829
Joined:
Jul 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 1:09pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:
CM is great. If don't feel comfortable getting it on your current phone, I suggest you to invest in the OnePlus One. I might get it soon, it's a great phone for specs that of the S5 and less than half the price (off contract).

But here is the tutorial to install CM it's pretty easy since you don't need a root. I might think of rooting my phone again since my warranty has expired anyway. Good luck adminstu


a) i can't understand why u tomatordahls can't stay at ur own side

b) searz talked about cleaning flashes and I kinda do not understand whether I should have clean flash or not
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide