Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Official Phone Thread

Creator: Janitsu November 23, 2014 8:11pm
66 posts - page 4 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 1:15pm | Report
He was talking about a clean flash, meaning he was somewhat reinstalling android completely instead of updating the old version, which would probably leave some dirt behind. I honestly don't know for sure whether CM's "easy way" will wipe your whole phone first or not, but I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. It's supposed to be made for people that don't worry about stuff like that.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 1:34pm | Report
It might only be in the US that they'd require something so asinine, but it's pretty clear that a lot of people think and say you're required to have a data plan to be able to activate a smartphone, PDA, or blackberry on a VZW plan, whether you buy it from them or not. There's a list of older smartphone models that apparently avoid this requirement, but outside that I haven't found anything to the contrary.

I took a quick look. I see no hints of physical reasons why it wouldn't work. Unless Verizon has infected the software so badly that it doesn't work unless you have data then it should work.

Get to testing already!
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 1:39pm | Report
I have to get phone from said person who said I could have it first. I'll do that and see what I can do. If it doesn't work, I'm just gonna have to do something else until I've moved and settled in. I highly doubt I will be able to afford $50/month right away (I also have to pay off college loans and **** so it'd be over $100/month in misc bills) when I first move to Fargo and am looking for a job.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have access to other providers up there, but a good chunk of the great plains part of the US only has decent coverage from VZW and vaguely tolerable coverage from AT&T.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 2:10pm | Report
If it doesn't work, I'm just gonna have to do something else until I've moved and settled in. I highly doubt I will be able to afford $50/month right away (I also have to pay off college loans and **** so it'd be over $100/month in misc bills) when I first move to Fargo and am looking for a job.

Even if it doesn't work I can guarantee you that it will work with a non-Verizon branded phone, because they have no Verizon software, which is the only feasible thing that could stop you from using the phone without a data plan. Set aside 60$ for 3 months and you've got enough for a good smartphone. Definitely stay away from that data plan if you're short on cash.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 2:23pm | Report
I have the money to buy a phone right now, my job isn't amazing, but it pays enough for that. I'm more worried about money in January after I've moved if I need to pay for a data plan than whether I can get a phone or not.

But I'm kind of taking over this thread with my rambling so I'll just stop talking about it until I mess around with this blackberry.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2014 4:23am | Report

when this **** happens

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2014 6:10am | Report
I don't get it, what are you trying to say?

Get it? Get it? Hihihihihih4h4h4h4

I finally got the update some days back. It took me some time to get accustomed to the new feel. Practically only feature I care about(was using ART already) is the flashlight shortcut. Keep it up Google!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2014 7:08am | Report
Yeah, the flashlight shortcut is pretty nice, and so is the new quick-menu. The previous one was too fiddly.
But don't forget the animations. I think they're totally dope.

I also hope they make those battery and camera improvements they've been promising for so long happen soon. I'm tired of waiting.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2014 8:26pm | Report
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2np5kk/oneplus_sending_usedrefurbished_phones_out_to/

Yowie, one of the many reasons not to get a 1+1.
This only further reinforces my thoughts that it's a riskier bet than other manufacturers.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2014 6:17am | Report
I don't know about the animations, the previous standby animation I had (like an old TV turning off) I find more awesome than the current one (some fade with color fade). But the others are pretty slick indeed.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide