Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Probably a mass pm but...

Creator: FalseoGod May 14, 2016 9:22am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

31 posts - page 3 of 4
apiluguin
<Member>
apiluguin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 8:43am | Report
Hello Everyone,

In the words of FalseoGod, we are really trying to get this **** going)

I am sorry if my message came on as spam, it was really not my intention, but there is not really a way to make a personal email to many people, especially when you don't even have a name to attach to a nickname.

If you didn't get a message from me you are still welcome to email me, pm me, visit the website already mentioned here and signup for updates.

My associates and I had an idea on how to approach eSports education a bit differently from how it is handled now and after a lot of thinking we decided that it worth to try to get it done and this is what you can see now.

We really see no point in scamming you as basically you are the cornerstone for us to succeed.

We are now paying the bills from pooling in the money and yes, taking out a small loan (sadly not a million $ though) and hopefully we'll get traction and see where it leads us.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Alexandre
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 9:04am | Report
Quoted:
They'll take out a small loan.
And build a wall, I'm sure :^)

What I meant is, how is it going to sustain itself? Subscription-based paywall? Pay per guide? Ads?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 9:07am | Report
If it's academy-based I assume the people getting the lessons will either pay for these and/or generate traction for ads.

You could ask yourself how Mobafire pays for itself + RP for inhouses + other things too..

I'll check the site more seriously later today, have to finish some stuff around here. Pleased to see Jan's initiative, as well as academy's answers.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 9:18am | Report
I think I know how MOBAFire pays for itself (I don't see the relevance though). They're getting RP from Riot by the way, but it's still irrelevant.

What I'm asking is whether the content will be behind a paywall or not, and if so, what kind of a paywall.

I see there is a part about guide writers on the site, which is not based on lessons, so I was wondering how authors were going to get money for writing them (which I assume is the idea, if I interpret the info on the site correctly).

For the record, I'm hoping for an answer from Apiluguin.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 9:24am | Report
Brb applying cold water to the parts of my skin where Legend's words hit qq
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 9:35am | Report
Be glad I took the time to rewrite it three times before posting, or you would've been roasted inside out by now :^)

I didn't know how else to get it across... forgive me ;_;
apiluguin
<Member>
apiluguin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 12:18pm | Report
For now our vision is not a paywall per se, but a limitation of functionality and some disadvantages for free/ad-supported users compared to the subscribers.

We got a presentation that is going to have much more details, my friend is going to finish the layout in the next couple of days and then I'm going to send it out to people who responded that they are interested. This is why I asked everyone for their emails in the messages I sent out. Also it's more convenient to communicate with everyone through email.

Any more questions?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 12:28pm | Report
Well, it's worth noting that some of us who weren't contacted might actually be interested.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 12:37pm | Report
Thanks for your answer! I'll be waiting for rumors to spread then ^^
apiluguin
<Member>
apiluguin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 1:22pm | Report
Well, it's worth noting that some of us who weren't contacted might actually be interested.

I know and I hope so, to everyone who I haven't contacted yet feel free to send me an email at alexandre@academy.gg and we'll pick up from there

Thanks for your answer! I'll be waiting for rumors to spread then ^^

Maybe some rumours are nice, a little buzz is actually helpful. Although as I said before I am here to answer any questions you got so we can demystify some rumours, at least the one where it is all a scam (if it was a scam what would we be after? your emails so we can spam you? seems ridiculous especially when you think that sending 100+ pm is time-consuming and the conversion rate for replies isn't that great)

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide