Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Racism

Creator: [deleted] October 16, 2014 9:20am
42 posts - page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 9:20am | Report
Just watched this, it's 40 minutes but worth a watch in my opinion.

Let me know what you think about the subject

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 9:38am | Report
You were right, here you go:

Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 9:48am | Report
It#s interesting how fast she creates that serious atmosphere. After just a few minutes the first guy is forced to leave and you can see by looking in the volunteers' faces that they are a bit tensed.

Edit: I think she's kinda obsessed and I thought she would change her attitude at least a bit according to the interview in the end. Saying every white person is racist, mhm, I'm not sure about it all. There are white people never being confronted with the topic of racism in their life until a certain point because they don't see that there might be an issue with it for sure. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't except the fact that there is something like racism. I can't remember being in a situation where I've been racist because I don't have that much contact to other people at all so I can't really judge myself even though I would in case.
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 11:02am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
You were right, here you go:

Puntastic

@topic; The experiment was very interesting indeed. I myself also notice from time to time that I am being racist without actually wanting to be or meaning to be. Luckily enough I am aware and I know that a lot of people aren't. I cannot imagine what it is like to be pushed away just for your looks basically. This blonde woman with blue eyes that keeps denying racism and denying that she is racist "oh I was suprised that black people were pink underneath the skin too" seems like there is indeed still a lot of improvement to be made.

Whether this experiment worked, I cannot judge, but it was certainly interesting. I hope that I can reduce the amount of unfair judgement I put upon others and that everyone can have the same chances in life as I do. FOR FREEDOM! FOR EQUALITY!
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
eweih
<Member>
eweih's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Wow, it's very powerful. I am surprised that she can conduct this kind of study, very brutal. I lol'd at the pink comment too. Some people...

We all have to be more aware!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 12:26pm | Report
I think it was a successful experiment for the most part, but it was hindered by the silly girl who couldn't just do the test properly.

I'm not quite sure of how long I'd last in such an environment, because I'm rather rebellious in nature. If I don't see a reason to do something I will ask for it, if I don't receive a satisfactory answer I'd most likely rebel in some way. Something that instantly came to mind for me was that I'd sit down beside the blue-eyed people on the floor.
I'm a brown/green-eyed white person for the record.
If I was placed in the blue-eyed group then I'd probably either get sent out before the big discussions start happening because of rebellious behavior or I'd start calling out other blue-eyed people when they say stupid ****, probably starting very heated debates.

Oh and that teacher lady, hooooly ****. "I admit that I was quite surprised when I saw that her flesh was pink"... Are you ****ing kidding me? Holy ****, what a ****ing idiot.

Something that also became quite clear to me is that I live in a different environment where there is more social acceptance. The only problematic racism here in Sweden is the dislike toward immigrants from... not quite sure what regions they are since I suck at geography, but islam regions essentially.
It's more aimed at their culture than their skin color, but it definitely is a problem.
I will admit that I may discriminate against some people. Religious people. So I'm a... religiomist? I have a dislike toward religion because I believe it has no place nor use in a moderns society. I try to be accepting, but if people really ask for my opinion I often have a hard time not being honest.

I'm actually thinking of sending this video to my sister along with some text like "Wow, what ********" or something like that. I wonder if that would color her opinion enough to make her oppose the video.
She's this hypocritical equality-fighter and I always enjoy making her look dumb. Which isn't that hard most of the time seeing as she kind of is. (I know I'm a bit of a **** :3)
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 1:11pm | Report
AAAAAnnnnndddd..... another ******** thing.

Oversensitive woman with anger problems and the power/authority of a "researcher"...

She doesn't emotionally scar ppl in order to bring out there inner racist, she simply abuses them until they break down and admit anything she wants them to just to make her stop.

That's simply called a false confession.

Next thing you see is that "*****" releasing Malleus Maleficarum - 2 "Now everyone burns"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 1:23pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:
AAAAAnnnnndddd..... another ******** thing.

Oversensitive woman with anger problems and the power/authority of a "researcher"...

She doesn't emotionally scar ppl in order to bring out there inner racist, she simply abuses them until they break down and admit anything she wants them to just to make her stop.

That's simply called a false confession.

It's no false confession if a confession never took place.. I don't quite think you grasped the situation.

It is also very clear from statements of the blue-eyed group that some of them in fact are racist, at least to a minor degree. The teacher admitting surprise at colored people having pink flesh is probably the most obvious example but there's also the example of the "fatty" equating racism to being fat.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 3:13pm | Report
There was this one scene were the girl bursts in tears and started "admitting" the racist stuff she thought she did unconsciously, I dunno the minute it was, just a cut-out scene from another seesion i guess.
Ok, not applicable on the whole thing, but it does happen and is counted as a "success" for Elliot's (name of the ***** if I remember correctly) little therapy session.
Which is like totally wrong.

For the rest:

What does she do?
She riles them up so they start to reveal their "true self" out of anger?
Let them reveal their inner racist because everyone has it and the blue-eyed/white grp subconsciously trying to protect the power they get from it?

Sounds nice and dandy but she completely inflates the term racism.
I'm not from the UK/US/Australia so maybe I'm not that badly influenced to get all paranoid over this stuff, but I'm blue-eyed and white and I don't react or even think differently while seeing/communicating with black/asian/russian/indian/etc. people.
And I'm still a racist in the eye of Elliot her simply because I'm white and blue-eyed.

There are still many problems, most only in the US/UK so to say, but the world is changing, that "*****" still lives in the past and is gosh darn thickheaded about it.
I mean she doesn't deny it but what she does is simply racist in it's own way and that isn't going to help anyone.

She even ignores stuff which goes against her and her ideology:

Befor the blue-eyes enter the room:
She:"The blue-eyed are racist, they even make jokes about it. Would you (the *********s) joke about it? That's right, you wouldn't!
One black teenager:"I'd laugh about it!"
She:"Do you find racism funny?"
teenager:"No."
---Discussion terminated---

The fact that a black kid can laugh about racism and still see it as a serious topic nowadays was completely glossed over. She booked it like she showed him.

Similar thing later:

Tubby guy points out that he was made fun of by everyone for being fat, showing that ppl can be that way not because they're racists but plain douches and that he accepted it and still lives his life.

Her response: It's okay (that they make fun of you) because you can go on a diet.

Totally missing the point...

tl;dr:
She should stop being an outdated prick, stop trying to make a big part of Europe feel miserable for BEING BORN with white skin and blue eyes!
Racism doesn't help fight racism.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 3:21pm | Report
Searz wrote:
I think it was a successful experiment for the most part, but it was hindered by the silly girl who couldn't just do the test properly.

I will admit that I may discriminate against some people. Religious people. So I'm a... religiomist? I have a dislike toward religion because I believe it has no place nor use in a moderns society. I try to be accepting, but if people really ask for my opinion I often have a hard time not being honest.

You're a hipster. Or an atheist. One of the two.

Basically MOBAFire.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide