Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Racism

Creator: [deleted] October 16, 2014 9:20am
42 posts - page 2 of 5
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 4:07pm | Report
You're a hipster. Or an atheist. One of the two.
http://i.imgur.com/EYAw98p.jpg

I can't be both? Also, where the heck did you find a picture of me?
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 12:06am | Report
Darcurse wrote:
tl;dr:
She should stop being an outdated prick, stop trying to make a big part of Europe feel miserable for BEING BORN with white skin and blue eyes!
Racism doesn't help fight racism.
This video is meant to show an experiment on how white people have very little understanding of racism. The ***** just took blue eyes as an example, she could also have picked hair colour, length or just the white skin in general. She never said out of the experiment that blue eyed people are the cause of racism, she says that white people are which is true in a society that is dominated by white people.

She had to play the role of a ***** to make this experiment work. They already said that this will be the last time that she will perform this experiment as well. I highly doubt that she will succesfully make a big part of Europe miserable.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 12:47am | Report
I think you ugh missed the point @darcuse

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 3:41am | Report
It doesn't matter if she picked blue-eyed/white, *********d/white, *********d/black, blue-eyed/black, or even albinos.

She tries to show that everyone is at least a bit racist somewhere deep down.

But the only thing I see her doing is shoving the term "original sin" down the throat of some folks.
And that is utter BS.

Because stuff like that makes dumb ppl think about the wrong stuff.
For example: That all germans are still Nazis and they should apologize for it and some other ****.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 4:21am | Report
Darcurse wrote:
Because stuff like that makes dumb ppl think about the wrong stuff.
For example: That all germans are still Nazis and they should apologize for it and some other ****.

I don't know anyone who thinks that at all. It seems to me that you just assume how people will react on a video, whereas you cannot judge on something like that unless they already have reacted in such manners to this experiment (and no, youtube comments dont count).
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 5:35am | Report
Neither can you assume that ppl get miracly healed from their "racism" by being in such a therapy session.

There was that one teenager who got thrown out because he called it BS and stated that he didn't want to be on the aggressor side.

Main argument here: Because minorities can't decide either.
What is this? Kindergarden? "I can't be on the good side so I won't let you at the bad side?"

And I can guarantee you that there are MANY dumb folks out there who will go like "He MUST have decided that because he didn't want to be racist against white ppl!!!" (what Elliot "the *****" also said beforehand).

The possibility that he made this decision because he simply is against racism itself was totally undermined.

And why shouldn't YouTube comments count? Because only those ppl are especially dumb?
I really want to mock u if you believe that...
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 5:41am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

What is this? Kindergarden? "I can't be on the good side so I won't let you at the bad side?"

*Kindergarten

Hypocritical guy out!
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 5:58am | Report
Darcurse wrote:
Neither can you assume that ppl get miracly healed from their "racism" by being in such a therapy session.

There was that one teenager who got thrown out because he called it BS and stated that he didn't want to be on the aggressor side.

And I can guarantee you that there are MANY dumb folks out there who will go like "He MUST have decided that because he didn't want to be racist against white ppl!!!" (what Elliot "the *****" also said beforehand).

The possibility that he made this decision because he simply is against racism itself was totally undermined.

And why shouldn't YouTube comments count? Because only those ppl are especially dumb?
I really want to mock u if you believe that...
Never did I assume it worked nor implied as such. I only said that it was an interesting experiment and that it could help people realise what they are doing on the basis that one of the blue eyes women in the end stood up and appreciated this experiment as well.

The guy that stood up was sent away because that is part of the experiment. People that speak up against a dominant idea are not part of the "club" anymore. If you were to go against discrimination in a society where discrimination is dominant, you would also be put aside. This experiment was made to simulate this discrimination society thus the people working against it have to leave the group.

Also: "And I can guarantee you that there are MANY dumb folks out there who will go like "He MUST have decided that because he didn't want to be racist against white ppl!!!" (what Elliot "the *****" also said beforehand)." Of course he didnt want to. No one wants to be racist. Most of the *********d people that stayed were also those who experienced racism themselves thus were interested in the result which required them to stay.

The reason why youtube comments don't count is because you have no idea who wrote them. The people that wrote it can be liars, trolls, kids or high-intellectual professors. As long you don't know who wrote them they are not reliable sources to count your judgement upon. Unless your judgement is about youtube comments in itself of course.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 3:44pm | Report
How I see it, this experiment is totally not about the blue-eyed white people, or about how little they know about racism, and it's not intended that way either. It's all about the *********d people, the dominant group.

People come in and they are immediately separated. This is key for the experiment to succeed in such a small timeframe.

After that, the magic happens with the *********d group. Separated from the others, they are told they have a key role in all this(key), they know what this is about(key and they should teach the other group a lesson(key). Conclusion: the other group is just a bunch of ignorant idiots, the *********d group consists of smarter, better people. This is key. The fact that they(blue-eyed) really are a bunch of idiots when it comes to racism or not(which I would prefer not to discuss) is not important for the outcome of the experiment, but it's used because it's a simple and fast way to convince the *********d group they are superior. That's the goal of the absolute separation in the beginning.

Another important thing to note here is the switching of chairs. When someone says something that doesn't support teaching those blue-eyes a lesson, it's wrong, and it's immediately being made clear by letting this person switch chairs with someone else. When someone says something "good", that person is moved to the front, like the man saying he would protect her when they would attack her. At this point in time it's clear for all the *********d people what's right(teach those blue-eyed a lesson) and what's wrong(sympathizing with them / defending them), and some feel they are the ones who know what's going on(those in front), and the others are afraid of getting the same treatment as the blue-eyed, so they keep quiet and move along. In other words, in such a small time frame this woman has been able to establish a group governed so strongly by her with the help of social pressure.

The next stage is letting the blue-eyed get in to "start the experiment". In fact the experiment has been going on all this time with the *********d, but they don't know this. They are at this point in time very convinced that the experiment is letting those ignorant blue-eyed know what racism feels like. So they carry this out. When someone from the *********d doesn't agree with what's happening, they are condemned by the other *********d, and either forced out or they just shut up and keep to the code.

At this point in time the blue-eyed are having a hard time coping with the aggressiveness of the *********d group. Lots of things are said, lots of things that do not matter a single bit in this experiment. The fact that the fat person thinks being fat is the same as having a different skin color, and whether that's stupid or not, doesn't matter at all. Key here is that the *********d group is condemning the blue-eyed group just as the mastermind wants them to, simply because they are the knowing *********d group, and those monsters are the ignorant blue-eyed group.

The blue-eyed feel that they have no power to stop this bullying, and they stop fighting. The *********d feel they have won, they are in charge. It's clear to everyone now: the blue-eyed are stupid, the *********d are superior. Racism. She could've made the blue-eyed group dominant, and the *********d group the lowly group. They outcome would've been the same, it doesn't matter. The reason for doing it this way is that she can use the "teaching the blue-eyed a lesson about racism" as a relatively easy and fast way to make the *********d group superior.

In only a few hours this woman has established this society, two-layered by the color of someone's eyes. Just a few hours, by one woman. Not only does that show this woman has some talent, it also shows just how easily the people of both groups accept the situation, their roles in the society. The *********d people are really saying to those blue-eyed people: "You are stupid, you are scum", simply because they have blue eyes. That's the scary thing I think you should take home from this experiment, and that's what shows us a lot about racism in general.

Interesting video by the way, thanks for sharing!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 5:47am | Report
Thanks for the hefty summarization, LatestLegend.

That's exactly what I wrote about in my first comment (angry about the stupidity and nnnnooot so clear, i give), but this experiment doesn't show anything concerning racism.

What she showed is that she could scare them, make them angry, play them against each other no matter what racial background.
And the conlcusion of that is that every group has subtle racism bedded into their mind.

The fact that she could easily do that with two groups of the exact same race/standing/looks is never mentioned.
What she really showed is that many people out there are weak and controllable by someone who knows to press the right buttons. That a single person can force them to go in a direction he/she wants.
The "racism" here can be easily replaced by something else.

What Elliot "the *****" here does for an "experiment", people in the PR/Advertisement/Entertainment/Media sector do for a living.

Meiyjhe wrote:
The reason why youtube comments don't count is because you have no idea who wrote them. The people that wrote it can be liars, trolls, kids or high-intellectual professors. As long you don't know who wrote them they are not reliable sources to count your judgement upon. Unless your judgement is about youtube comments in itself of course.

You do realize that ^this is applicable for 99% of the Internet?
Literally every forum, chat, comment section, online game, review, social media, and so on.. everything that a human can lay hands upon?
Not excluding real life at all. Or do you think that the BS they show on History Channel in America (for example) is totally true and not at all twisted for as much ratings as possible..? Or the news to name an even more fitting one.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide