Some more interesting stuff:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1318
You can overclock it a bit. Even at 800MHz (700MHz is standard) it will barely reach body temperature. 1GHz shouldn't be a problem, but I ain't got one, so I don't really know :3
Update on the demand: I don't know how long ago this was, but the orders on RasPi was up in the 500.000 area.
That's a LOT.
They'll be shipping 200.000 soon (or have so already) to satisfy some of the demand.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1318
You can overclock it a bit. Even at 800MHz (700MHz is standard) it will barely reach body temperature. 1GHz shouldn't be a problem, but I ain't got one, so I don't really know :3
Update on the demand: I don't know how long ago this was, but the orders on RasPi was up in the 500.000 area.
That's a LOT.
They'll be shipping 200.000 soon (or have so already) to satisfy some of the demand.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache†and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse
"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
They've ramped up the manufacturing to 4000 "Pies" a day to meet the crazy demand. You can now buy more than one Pi per person. I think it's time I try to get one or two soon :)
Raspberry Pi gets their own Debian distribution called Raspbian, which gives roughly 4 times better performance compared to a normal distro.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1565
Someone sent it 40km up into the sky.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1620
And someone's aiming to put theirs in the ocean.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1479
Exciting possibilities with Android.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1512
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1700
Raspberry Pi gets their own Debian distribution called Raspbian, which gives roughly 4 times better performance compared to a normal distro.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1565
Someone sent it 40km up into the sky.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1620
And someone's aiming to put theirs in the ocean.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1479
Exciting possibilities with Android.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1512
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1700
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Someone built it into a keyboard :O
That's ****ing genious!
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1824
He has even modded in a USB hub. All you have to do is just connect it to a power-socket and to a screen and you're good to go (possibly to a mouse too).
Someone built a Nixie Clock driven by it (those clocks are BADASS).
http://mjo.tc/atelier/2012/08/ntp-nixie.html
Daaaaaawww~~
That's ****ing genious!
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1824
He has even modded in a USB hub. All you have to do is just connect it to a power-socket and to a screen and you're good to go (possibly to a mouse too).
Someone built a Nixie Clock driven by it (those clocks are BADASS).
http://mjo.tc/atelier/2012/08/ntp-nixie.html
Daaaaaawww~~
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax
"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
You need to log in before commenting.


But in due time I'll get one.