Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shenmue 3 finally on KickStarter

Creator: Ninja Trigger June 16, 2015 7:38am
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2015 7:38am | Report
So it's finally happening and it's already funded!

KickStart it here

once my paycheck comes in I will either be funding it at the 100 or 120 dollar level.

I hope I'm not the only Shenmue fan here
I stole this Sig idea from SoapSuds
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2015 7:53am | Report
I hope I'm not the only Shenmue fan here

You are <3

The graphics look nice, but oh god the voice acting, oh god. It's probably some of the devs pitching in.
They've basically got nothing to show so far, but at least there are some famous names behind it.
Release will be on Windows and PS4.

Looks like a reasonable project.
Do ask for Linux support when you back it, if you don't mind. I don't put money down on games before they are released, but I'd buy it if it ends up good, and Linux support is getting more important as I get closer to jumping ship.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2015 12:15pm | Report
not my style, but good news for you (as you already stated) it is already funded :)

Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2015 12:22pm | Report
Searz wrote:

You are <3

The graphics look nice, but oh god the voice acting, oh god. It's probably some of the devs pitching in.

I really enjoyed the bad voice acting in the first 2 games, so I hope the original voice actors come back, but yeah I agree the voices in the trailer were really bad.

Searz wrote:

You are <3

but at least there are some famous names behind it.

That's also got me super excited when I woke up to see this actually happening.

Searz wrote:

Do ask for Linux support when you back it, if you don't mind. I don't put money down on games before they are released, but I'd buy it if it ends up good, and Linux support is getting more important as I get closer to jumping ship.

I can mention it when I drop my donation :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2015 1:09pm | Report
WOW. WOW. Really? This was on E3. Sony literally used their customers and their money for a marketing campaign.

This **** is disgusting. It leaves a real ****ing bad taste in my mouth.
I'm now seriously disappointed in the people involved in this project..
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 12:54am | Report
Searz wrote:

You are <3

They've basically got nothing to show so far, but at least there are some famous names behind it.

Not one Shenmue game has ever featured good voice acting.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2015 10:07am | Report
Searz wrote:
WOW. WOW. Really? This was on E3. Sony literally used their customers and their money for a marketing campaign.

This **** is disgusting. It leaves a real ****ing bad taste in my mouth.
I'm now seriously disappointed in the people involved in this project..

Eh I hate having my bubble popped :(

Since it was a no brainier that the fans would kickstart it almost instantly, I'm still going to pre-order it next pay day and get my name in the credits, since I have been waiting for Shenmue 3 since I first beat it back in 2001. And the fans have been asking for a Kickstarter since the first day Kickstarter was a thing

but my biggest fear with Shenmue 3, is that a majority of its sales are going to be the KickStarter Pre-Orders. Also the ShenmueDojo is exploding with people confused about its 2 million dollar goal, since it would be impossible to make a game like Shenmue 3 on that kind of budget, and they are starting to put together that Sony already had plans to back the game before, and without a KickStarter.

The voice acting was also bad in the trailer, but that's also what gave the first two games their charm, it's like how an old Kung Fu flick wouldn't be complete without bad dubbing.

Overall I have waited for this game to come out so long that it's almost impossible for me to get a bad taste in my mouth, but it's slowly growing, darn you Searz!!!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2015 10:32am | Report
I'm the one that got Ryo's jacket btw. I will post pics when it comes in the mail.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2015 4:31pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
I'm the one that got Ryo's jacket btw. I will post pics when it comes in the mail.

For some reason I don't think your serious about dropping 10K on the real deal, but I still found a way to get a jacket :P

I found a place that makes licensed replica jackets so I ordered one I will post in the faces to names as soon as it gets here :)

also I ended up pledging at the 175$ dollar level, I'm a sucker for art books :)

Jacket Replica
Sig by HogoPogo
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 4:19am | Report
Another great video from George on the matter.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide