Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Steam for Linux

Creator: Searz June 17, 2012 9:29am
18 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 2:44am | Report
Searz wrote:

Well, in many ways Linux already outdoes windows.

It's obviously very lacking in the software department compared to windows, but overall I consider Linux to be a better PLATFORM for programs.

Windows is doing a lot of good things for the tablet market with 8 though, but I'm pretty sure Metro won't fit the desktop environment very well..

Linux needs to get 9001% more user friendly
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 3:08am | Report
Come back when you've actually TRIED Ubuntu. Ubuntu 12.04 is easily one of the most functional and intuitive operating systems I've tried.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 6:11am | Report
Does anyone know if it's possible to install linux on a fake iphone? I mean, I know it's possible, the problem is how. A friend of mine's father bought a fake iphone for 50€. Needless to say it's completely useless and it's in korean. The hardware, however, is perfectly fine so I wanted to install linux on it.

So, how do I do it? It's impossible to navigate in that thing, I would need to format it and install linux by connecting it to the pc somehow.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 6:33am | Report
You mean install Android?

I don't know any other good Linux OSes that work well with touch controls.
Ubuntu is making a mobile version, but that's not out yet as far as I know.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 8:31am | Report
Oh, yeah I forgot about the touchscreen. Can I install android?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 12:42pm | Report
yeah, the only reason im using windows really is that theres hardly anything that supports linux.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 5:19am | Report
Valve just confirmed the Linux port officially!

"The goal of the Steam client project is a fully-featured Steam client running on Ubuntu 12.04. We’ve made good progress this year and now have the Steam client running on Ubuntu with all major features available."
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2012 5:27am | Report
Canoas wrote:

You can play most games on linux by using wine. And even if steam games are being ported to linux you're still better off using wine in order to play when they're released.

Why?

Running games natively is way better than using WINE. If the code is properly converted that is..
Running programs natively gives better performance and means that it'll always work without you having to tinker with it (like you often have to with WINE).
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide