Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The RAM has to work with the motherboard.

Creator: MrCuddowls August 2, 2013 11:27pm
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 11:27pm | Report
Can someone tell me if the RAM is compatible with the motherboard.

MSI Z77A-G41
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Full Build:

i3 2100 LGA 1155
SAPPHIRE 100358L Radeon HD 7770
MSI Z77A-G41
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX
Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

Info: This is a computer for my little brother. I feel horrible having him play on the piece of trash he has now so I'm going to get him this.

ANY improvements that you can make while staying under 600 dollars are appreciated.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 12:35am | Report
I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work with each other. That CPU will limit the memory speed to 1333 if you don't overclock though.

And what is the problem with the PC? Gaming performance?

Upgrade the CPU to an i5 (possibly 3570K? (220$)) and get an HD7770(105$) or a GTX760(260$).

Then a add a decent fan to that if you feel like overclocking or reducing the noise. These two are pretty decent.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220060
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 7:46am | Report
Searz wrote:

And what is the problem with the PC? Gaming performance?

Riddled with viruses and ********. Asininely old, slow and dysfunctional, often doing completely random things for no apparent reason at all. Oh you're enjoying playing a nice game online with your friends? Don't worry I'll just cut the internet connection for you. Every time that happens you have familiarize the ****ing computer with the ethernet cord again.

Ya this is one is pretty awesome. I never really look at any other fans.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 8:49am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Riddled with viruses and ********. Asininely old, slow and dysfunctional, often doing completely random things for no apparent reason at all. Oh you're enjoying playing a nice game online with your friends? Don't worry I'll just cut the internet connection for you. Every time that happens you have familiarize the ****ing computer with the ethernet cord again.

So a reinstall is in order then? (if not: have fun cleaning :D)
Help him get the proper drivers from the official website so that's not a problem, then I'd suggest installing Firefox and making plugins "on demand" instead of always on. Flash and Javascript are the two biggest sources of viruses nowadays, so disabling flash unless you need it will probably remove at least a third of the infections.
To make plugins "on demand" you simply type in "about:config" in the address bar, search for "plugins.click_to_play" and change the value to true(right-click then click "toggle").
It will look something like this on pages with plugins. You just click it to load the video/other thing.

You could also disable javascript in the options menu for even more security, but some webpages will bug out without it.

You do know that the internet connectivity could be due to a bad adapter too, right? Because if the ethernet cable works then it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the PC itself.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide