Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The rubber bursted.

Creator: Pølsemanden April 4, 2012 6:09pm
74 posts - page 3 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:16am | Report
Canoas wrote:

You prefer guys who have children before they're able to properly raise them?

I refer to guys that have sex when they aren't willing to accept responsbility for their actions. They run away, which makes them *******.

IceCreamy wrote:

he should face the consquences like a man, and not run away like some ********.

^^
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:17am | Report
Canoas wrote:

It's a couples choice.. As a couple you decide which contraceptive to use, some are better than others.
You can't say that taking the pill is the girl being careful. If you say that then you also have to agree that using the condom is the guy being careful. And since it's the guy that's being careful the girl is not doing anything to prevent pregnancy. And if the girl's not doing anything to prevent pregnancy then he is right to dump her because he's not ready to have a baby.
See how logic works both ways?

If I'm the one paying for it, it's ME being careful. and you're ignoring the fact that hormonal contraceptives DO change a woman's body (whether they have undesired side effects or not), whereas condoms do not change either of the people involved. I'm also not saying I won't take some sort of contraceptive in the situation that I need to, I'm just saying it is MY choice to make.

and I never said condoms weren't the guy being careful.

It's just a little funny to hear men talking about what women should do.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:18am | Report
interesting that women are always nagging guys to put on a condom then aye amanda?
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:19am | Report
There is this thing called Implana that my girlfriend has. It has the lowest pregnancy rating of anything except abstinence. Pretty awesome. But if we fall into that .02%, I'm not going to be a ***** and run away.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:24am | Report
How does anyone truly know what they're going to do until they're in the situation animorte?

Let's say you bone some random girl (if this was an alternate reality and you were currently single). You have no idea who the girl was/is you just end up having sex. She get's pregnant. Now you SAY you'll man up, but what responsibility will you feel for a random stranger? What if her life situation is one you've never experienced before? She's a coke head drug addict who takes hits of coke off toilet seats. You're telling me you'll own up and father her child? Taking care of the child is the morally right thing to do. I'd say that I would hope I had the strength to accept that level of responsibility.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:26am | Report
@Jeffy's comment about condoms
that's not particularly reasonable and I never said it was...but a lot of men decide that a girl on the pill means they can do whatever the hell they want, which isn't ok either.

it's funny that no one thinks of "she should take the pill" it as "she should take this thing that will permanently change how her body functions".

Both people should take precautions...and when it matters again I, personally, will.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:27am | Report

If I'm the one paying for it, it's ME being careful. and you're ignoring the fact that hormonal contraceptives DO change a woman's body (whether they have undesired side effects or not), whereas condoms do not change either of the people involved. I'm also not saying I won't take some sort of contraceptive in the situation that I need to, I'm just saying it is MY choice to make.

and I never said condoms weren't the guy being careful.

It's just a little funny to hear men talking about what women should do.

Who's saying you're the one paying for it? It obviously changes the woman's body, that's how it works, but it's usually just a minor annoyance. And yes, it is your choice to make, but it's also the guys choice to wear a condom. So, the question is would you break up with him if he refuses to use a condom? If you would, then wouldn't it be fair for him to do the same?

Like Jeffy and I have said. Contraception is not what women should do or men should do. It's the couple's choice. Either the couple makes a choice that makes them both happy or the obvious solution to the problem is breaking up.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:30am | Report
There are SO many levels of subjective morality in a thread like this that it's almost impossible to even comment without having someone disagree with you, hahah.

Anyway, there's no "Sure fire" way to prevent a pregnancy if you're having intercourse. Sex was designed to make babies. Taking meds and wrapping up are only effective to a point, and this is mostly due to human failure. Like people mentioned, a condom gets baked in the sun too many days in a row or other weather issues. A girl forgets to take a pill or two in the cycle and then she happens to be the unlucky one who actually gets pregnant in the following month as a result.

If you don't want kids, don't have sex. If you're going to have sex, it's all morally subjective how you approach the situation. There is no right and wrong, it's all entirely dependent on the couple who's involved.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:31am | Report
Until it is serious enough to discuss something else I will be the one paying for it.

and, as I said in my above comment, BOTH people should take precautions.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:34am | Report

EROTICFIRE

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide