Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What Graphics Card Should I Get?

Creator: Glayde November 18, 2012 9:01pm
Glayde
<Member>
Glayde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 9:01pm | Report
Since it's getting close to Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I was wondering which new graphics card to buy, since mine is getting old. I've been looking at the AMD Radeon HD 7770, but I was wondering what you guys think. Maybe I should look into the NVIDIA series?

Thanks.

Thanks to jhoijhoi and LaCorpse for the amazing sigs!
Check out my champion ideas:
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 10:20pm | Report
The cards you should be looking at are HD7770 and GTX660. They're the best in price/performance. Most other cards are not worth looking at in that pricerange.
Just decide the card you prefer when you compare which price works better for you and when it comes to some specific feature that AMD or Nvidia does better.

May I ask what CPU you have?
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Glayde
<Member>
Glayde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 11:18pm | Report
Here are my specs:

- 2nd Gen Intel Core i5-2400 Proccesor
- 8GB DDR3 Memory
- 1TB hard drive

And a really ****py graphics card. I haven't really made any changes to it since it's pretty awesome as it is, just need a better graphics card.

Thanks to jhoijhoi and LaCorpse for the amazing sigs!
Check out my champion ideas:
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 11:39pm | Report
Then those cards are fine for you.

Consider HD7870 too if you're prepared to overclock it. HD7870 overclocks very well. (most Nvidia cards don't overclock well)

GTX660 is probably your best bet with those specs of yours. It'll last for a while, being able to run most games on high.
Remember to get a card with a good fan. MSI and Asus are the best choices from what I've read. (I have a MSI GTX660 myself)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide