Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Would need help slecting a new gaming Pc

Creator: Werepirelord July 22, 2013 9:30am
1 2
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 9:30am | Report
Alright, um, how do I start?

I am fairly content with my PC right now, but it has XP and I am unable to play certain games (for example Bioshock Infinite). The graphic card is still pretty top-notch, but anyways, I was kinda mad after downloading Bioshock a few times and still being unable to play.

I'll probably be getting a new PC this month, something I actually wanted to do at the end of the year but I guess I'll have to do it now. What I wanted to ask is, is this a good (or actually great) gaming Pc? If not, what other option is better?

I'd also prefer Windows 8, but I guess if the Pc is good enough Windows 7 won't hurt.

Disclaimer: In regards of LoL, my Computer is great, I never had a problem there.

I'm streets ahead. If you don't get it you're streets behind.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 10:28am | Report
Pro tip: never buy Alienware. It's overpriced garbage.

The optimal choice would be to build the PC yourself. You'll get a lot better stuff for the money that way.

I can give you tips on what parts to buy or look for in pre-built PCs, but you'll have to provide a budget.
Also write what specs you have on your current PC.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 11:28am | Report

I'd also prefer Windows 8, but I guess if the Pc is good enough Windows 7 won't hurt.

This is incorrect. You want Windows 7. Windows 8 is OK... If you want a Litebrite instead of a computer. (Push buttons! Do things! It's shiny!)

Searz, I'd say go for a US$700-900 budget. That's about the price range for the Alienware Werepire linked.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 12:16pm | Report
I work in IT industry, how much are you going to spend ?
Alienware is not worth that money, I'd be able to find you better pc for cheaper any day.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 1:05pm | Report
Probably around 700-1000$, I guess 1250 or something like that is fine too but I don't really want to go above 1500.

See you later, armadillos! Unless I see you first!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 1:17pm | Report
If you have a top-notch video card, you can just remove it from your old pc, build a new one with other high-end stuff and add the old card to it.

Building your own pc is quite easy (and fun!), there are thousands of tutorials online.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 2:03pm | Report
You can get this package 100 Euro/USD cheaper as electronics are expensive in my country, but this is the set which I bought. Of course you can keep your video card, but then some of the parts may not fit. So for someone to build PC for you, post your video card also here, if you intend to keep it.

Building part-PC > Shop made

Here is mine;

Spoiler: Click to view

You can easily flip around i7 and better graphic card and windows 8 instead of 7.
Cheap to get more HDD memory also. Maybe even SSD if you really want to spend money on it.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 2:06pm | Report
If you're on windows 8 then you really should install StartIsBack and make your life much easier.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 2:08pm | Report
yeah alienware is cool...flashy...but overpriced...i would know i bought a big expensive one lol (i was much younger than I am now)

if you can build it yourself do it. if you can't you can easily get a premade that is comparable for half the price (or better)

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 2:59pm | Report
Here are a few things you should consider, and a few definite choices.
Intel 4670K
Nvidia GTX760 (MSI has a pretty badass version)
8-16GB RAM, preferably without huge heatsinks, those are usually a waste.
2TB HDD
Asus makes some good motherboards. Their Z87-A seems like a good cheap alternative, but there are cheaper alternatives that don't have as many functions, if you need something cheaper.
If you're willing to spend a bit more for a good sound card and other features then you could go for an Asus Maximus VI Hero.
Some PSU with at least 500W and 80+ Gold.

Possibly also an SSD if you're feeling rich.

lifebaka wrote:

It's shiny!

It is shiny. Very shiny.
Joxuu wrote:

Spoiler: Click to view

Is that your PC or is that what you're recommending?
Because Haswell(Intel 4000 series) and GTX700 is out on the market now, so why would he buy older parts?

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide