Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Crazy Masteries?

Creator: Vyken May 24, 2013 9:03pm
Vyken
<Member>
Vyken's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2013 9:03pm | Report
SO, I was writing a guide and I put in some of my crazy mastery ideas and they didn't go down to well :(

For an ADC such as Tristana I had put 27 points in the offensive tree favoring utilities such as extra tower damage, and AP for her ultimate and explosive shot. I also took the remaining 3 in mana regeneration.

Now I'll explain why I think this works... Tristana's explosive shot and ultimate scale super hard AP so the little bit of AP actually goes a long way over some ****py points in the defensive tree. Tristana can also be a tower wrecker with the extra tower damage and rapid fire. All in all I think this offers a lot more strength to Tristana and it doesn't create any huge disadvantage. What do you think?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2013 9:32pm | Report
Looking at your mastery set, I can see why things wouldn't go over well.

Havoc is a bad mastery in its self. For every 100 damage, that's an extra 2 added onto it.

Losing out on the Flash cooldown really hurts you as well. Also, the 5% increased tower damage is not particularly great either.

24 AP gives you a total of 36 bonus damage on your ult and 6 bonus damage on explosive shot. Not really helpful. Especially after MR is factored.

You're far better off with Butcher and the two crit related masteries, whos names escape me, in the offence tree, and the free armor, MR and health in the defense tree.
True love is found only in yourself.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2013 11:59am | Report
I mean, does Trist really need mana regen? she isn't spam happy or anything. Havoc and the Siege mastery don't add very much damage in the grand sceme of things. Sure, they help, but not a super amount. The 9 points in Defense are hilariously overpowered, considering how much survivability they give you.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2013 12:20pm | Report
Tristana has ridiculously low base mana and her costs are high, so it can be pretty helpful.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2013 3:07pm | Report
Am I the only one who just runs 21-8-1 on some ADCs?

anyways, if I was gonna run 9 utility...I'd rather have the MS and summoner spell CDR masteries than the mana regen/bonus mana ones anyways >_> they're just more universally useful.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2013 3:10pm | Report
The ms only triggers out of combat so I consider it virtually worthless. I take the mana regen, flash cd and recall timer in t1 and the summoner spell cdr in t2 when I run utility masteries. Whether you use utility or defence depends which AD you're playing and what playstyle you want.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2013 3:17pm | Report
3 mana regen/5 seconds is slightly over 1 mana point every 2 seconds, which is basically unnoticeable.

Both of those masteries do virtually nothing (which is why I tend to opt for defense points instead).
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2013 3:19pm | Report
Tristana's base mana regen is 6.45 and most other ADCs have around the same (6-7). You are increasing it by almost half by taking the mastery.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2013 3:27pm | Report
the question then becomes do you really cast that much early game when it might be noticeable?

I don't play Tristana very much, I was giving on my opinion of the general usefulness of the mastery options in that tier.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide