Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Aggressive Support Mastery pg

Creator: FantasySniper April 27, 2014 8:30pm
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2014 8:30pm | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=0-4-0-0-1-0-3-0-0-0-1-3-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0&tree2=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=1-3-3-0-0-1-0-3-0-3-0-1-1-0-0-1-0-0&v=2

I've been trying out this page, but only have gotten so far with it and am looking for second opinions.

I came up with it because I wanted Zyra to have extra sustainability as a support, but I later tried it on Nami, too. I even tried it out on Janna once and got similar results. I don't think that it would work as well on Morgana, but it might do well enough for Annie.

So far:
It has some risk - but only some. Kills for my lane partner became a lot cleaner and I could stay in lane for as long as I liked no matter how often that partner would leave because I would've gotten back resources for just causing damage and helping my lane partner accomplish kills. The only way I found it failed me is if we could accomplish nothing (not even assists from ganks) in lane, then the advantage of it was gone the entire time I was in the laning phase.

Later on it made teamfights easier to survive because no matter what damage I took during the fight, so long as we won the fight I could most definitely go without backing after situations I probably would have even died in in the first place. It even became possible to solo certain enemies granted I had a healthy kill participation before then.

It also has the added advantage of not worrying about going over the CDR limit. It may be a personal thing in this case, but it opened up several item choices that I usually would be forced to ignore.

Please test it out and tell about how well it worked for you.
If you want to help me, teach me.
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 1:37am | Report
Why I think Wanderer is a lovely mastery for supports to have:

- faster lane return
- easier skillshot dodging
- chase potential / escape potential
- "replaces" Mobility Boots after the nerf, you can go Sorcerer's Shoes or Ionian Boots of Lucidity on Zyra, depending on what you're building
- faster movement overall over map and all of its benefits

Also,

You have no CDR in this page? Early 10% CDR is huge when counted on high-impact ultimates, like Stranglethorns and Soul Shackles and might generally be save your life during trade. The item CDR from Intelligence is also very good mastery. There's a lot of items that grant raw power and mana regen w/o extra CDR.

Basically, you could go 9/0/21 instead with better benefits.

Here.

Make sure your runes don't leave you too squishy.
Guides: Vel'koz | Zyra
Signature by Natuhlee

Grurin
<Member>
Grurin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 2:02am | Report
I wouldn't take Vampirism ... I think that the Alchemist + Culinary Master give you much more sustain (+1 spare point). I don't think either of that is very usable late game...
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 6:53am | Report
Culinary Master is kinda meh tbeh. it stops being worth taking really fast.

Personally, I'd use something more like this.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 8:46am | Report
-snip-

I already know of the 9/0/21 page, I was asking for second opinions about how well others found the page I posted above to work.

This isn't to change your mind about what mastery page to use, but to ask you to try it out and see if you get similar results.
If you want to help me, teach me.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 2:47pm | Report
The issue is that the four extra points in offense don't give you enough to be worth what you lose for not putting them in utility, which is why everyone is suggesting using a 9-0-21 page over your 13-0-17 page.

if you don't want to use 9-0-21, then I'd honestly suggest 0-13-17.

13 points in defense > 13 points in offense
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 12:58am | Report
I agree with nameless, I don't understand why putting points in Executioner and Dangerous Game only. It makes sense if you're going 13 points deep. Not only but Nami and Janna aren't really that aggressive. It would make sense on someone like Zyra or Annie, but probably not morg, nami, janna.

I use a number of different builds on Zyra

21/0/9

0/21/9

0/9/21

I've been testing out the 0/21/9 build, it's interesting. If you want something aggressive I would put 21 points into offense
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 5:16am | Report

The issue is that the four extra points in offense don't give you enough to be worth what you lose for not putting them in utility, which is why everyone is suggesting using a 9-0-21 page over your 13-0-17 page.
if you don't want to use 9-0-21, then I'd honestly suggest 0-13-17.

13 points in defense > 13 points in offense

Pretty much.

Culinary Master can save your life, though.
  • If you found me helpful, feel free to hit that +Rep
Signature by Ubnoxius

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 7:05pm | Report
Several thoughts:
Why would you need AS on supports? CDR scales better into the late game, and also is more useful on supports!
Why would you need dangerous game on supports? I know it's an okay mastery if you're getting kills, but you probably won't get kills on supports. I hope not, at least! Unless you're doing something truly outrageous like AP leblanc support, the kills will likely be of greater benefit to your ADC.
Why Vampirism? 3% Lifesteal and spellvamp really doesn't heal much unless you're doing a lot of damage.
Bandit's a cute mastery (imo one of the most fun masteries to play with), but why would you pick bandit over something like Intelligence ? you dumb bro! (pun intended)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 1:29pm | Report
For my ap supports like morgana, I go 9/6/15. Give it a shot.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide