Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malzahar and & other notable mid laners to...

Creator: Frank White R8 December 12, 2014 12:45pm
Frank White R8
<Member>
Frank White R8's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 12:45pm | Report
What seems better to you: to exploit a meta, or just abide by it?

So far, the preseason has shown that sustain is the name of the game once again. And with this trend, it should not be surprising that the new jungle ushers in the return of Warwick and other champions that can hoard every dragon and baron to themselves. Does that mean we have to deal with it?

Allow me to paint the picture in your mind of a certain pick and ban phase before a Silver 1 ranked match...

Last Pick (LP): "ban ww"
"or fed"

First Pick proceeds to ban Katarina, Akali, and Gnar.

Support Main (Concerned Citizen, Muckraker): "you really should have banned ww he is broken"
LP: "fine feding"
Support Main: "dont worry i will nunu. who is support"

No one in the lobby responds for about 20 seconds.
Enemy team first picks Warwick.

First Pick (FP): "i will support"
LP: "gg"

As the match starts, LP afks, leaving Irelia top lane free as a bird. Support main feeds during ganks and secures no world objectives. Luckily, neither does enemy Warwick. Instead, enemy Warwick feeds mid and random ADC. Irelia farms 180 cs by 20 minutes, but can't outpush the random ADC and doesn't coordinate to tank for teamfights. Victory!

This scenario is a great reminder to be patient in League of Legends. Not only when dealing with trolls, ragers, AFKers, and the sort. But also while simply learning the game.

It takes patience to sit through dozens of matches in which suddenly the big bad wolf is mauling you, and things go 0-100, real quick. To some, it could seem like an eternity. Even still, to others, IT IS AN ETERNITY. They will quit the game before that one moment. The moment you realize how to deal with one dimensional champions with one ****ing ranged ability that is, what do you know, his ****ing ultimate.

You zone.

What nifty advice this is! I don't know about you, but that cheap, obnoxious mongrel taught me how to really play the game.

Don't buy QSS. Players value mobility over everything else it seems. If you get run up on by someone and they roll you, it is your own fault. Now if you are playing Riven into a Jayce, and this ***********er across from you is really good, is it still your fault? If you're in blind pick then the answer is no.

You shut down Warwick by starving him. By keeping him out of your zone, or away from his farm, or whatever, until you and your team want to obliterate him. You do the same to Katarina. You do the same to everyone except the champions that you can't even get near. The untouchables, when played at the highest level, are going to be the real problems for solo queue. The jungle gets tougher, which only makes the game easier for the laners. All very convenient for the likes of Malzahar and Xerath, who can farm from across the lane until they want to get you out of the way. And Rek'Sai makes it into the league just in time to keep those champions in check with her cross-map gap close.
Frank White R8
<Member>
Frank White R8's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 6:29am | Report
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 9:05am | Report
You're not allowed to bump your own threads (maybe not other threads either, I don't know).
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 9:25am | Report
bumping in general is considered spam.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide