Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Incoming damage reduction...

Creator: eeree August 13, 2011 4:09am
eeree
<Member>
eeree's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:09am | Report
Does incoming damage reduction stacks additively or multiplicatively?
I mean:
  • Leviathan: At 20 stacks, your champion takes 15% less damage.
  • Alistar's Unbreakable Will: He also gains bonus attack damage and takes 75% reduced physical and magic damage for a few seconds.
  • Tenacity (mastery): Decreases all damage dealt to your champion by 4%.
If it stacks additively, does it mean, that as Alistar i can take only 6% damage, that enemies deal to me?
Does it reduce true damage too?
Does it work after or before Armor/MR reduction?
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:43am | Report
Err, I think it works this way :
Alistar's Unbreakable Will = 75% reduction
Leviathan 20 stacks = 15% reduction from remainding 35% = 5.25%
Tenacity = 4% reduction of 19.75% = 0.77%
Damage taken = 18.98%

True damage works on Alistar's Unbreakable will (Physical and Magic damage reduction), not sure on Leviathan but probably too, Tenacity probably blocks a little of true damage.

It probably depends on which one being more. If you block 90% of magical damage, it will mean that 10% of magical damage gets filtered through the damage reduction.
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 9:50am | Report
Noting blocks true damage.

They stack multiplicatively. It also stacks on your armor/MR scores. It takes the highest amount. Let's say, 75%. then it takes the next highest amount and takes that, off the remaining percentage. so, 50% (for your ~100 armor/MR score) of 25% is 12.5%. You would be taking 87.5% reduced damage. Factoring in leviathan. You get another 1.875% reduced damage. Giving you 89.375% reduced damage. Then, the 4% from tenacity. 0.425% reduced damage. Giving you a grand total of 90% reduced damage if I've done my math correctly.
True love is found only in yourself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide