Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tanks - Taking some farm

Creator: deathalo44 September 25, 2011 2:50am
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 2:50am | Report
Usually when playing tanks, I find that if I somehow don't farm early and get some gold items (or just last hit alot), I tend to be useless from end of early to start of late game.

An occasion is when my Amumu jungles, but fails to gank seeing most lanes were doing not too good that an iniaition would mean just 2 escapes. By mid game, as tanker, I have less hp than the offtanks and some carries, but slightly more armor/magic resist than them.

Another is when my Galio, having decent last hits in game, totally trolling the game after a couple of successful ganks, 1v4ing everyone except malz (I hate % dmg skills ._.) and walking back to base through the opponent's jungle cause I had no mana and 4 people were trying to kill me (Losing slightly over 300 when you have 4k hp IS getting killed right?)

OK back to the main point. I feel that the tanks, despite being tankers and should be having need the least farm, SHOULD farm decently. My reasoning is that, underfarmed tanks are practically useless except CCs and utility based spells, while being weaker than the rest and not being able to be tankers.

So, how do you guys think about this?
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 8:56am | Report
You shouldn't be getting every little bit of farm but, yea. You should be building those GP10 items.
Also, if you're laning with a carry, you should farm like crazy when your carry goes back for... stuffs.
True love is found only in yourself.
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 9:00am | Report
Usually tanks get pendant first so they can get philosopher stone way earlier so they don't have to farm much. Just get some last hits for the philo stone then let your partner last hit. After that you get your gold from philo and assists/kills and then you get HoG and so on. If you play tanky-ap (from ap not mr) Galio, then you need some farm.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 10:15am | Report
So what you're saying is...

Tanks should go either solo top or in the jungle, and NOT support?

That's pretty well established in high elo play.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 2:09am | Report
Tanks in lanes usually has a GG situation in terms of gold ._.

Now I sometimes see Soraka played like Ori, very painful yet useful in heals. I ks alot of last hits too :P
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide