Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AP Amumu in Dominion?

Creator: Memnoch5 October 2, 2011 5:20am
Memnoch5
<Member>
Memnoch5's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 5:20am | Report
Give me some thoughts guys. I tried it earlier, and the damage output is pretty...stupendous. Today was a quick trial in an actual match, first item was eleisa's miracle, followed by boots of swiftness, followed by rod of ages, followed by rabadons (of course. He with the most hats win) and then I was working on the void staff when we ended. I'm considering theory-crafting, and making a build, regardless of me not being LVL capped yet (still at 21). Any Amumu afficionado's, that are interested in giving me a hand and some advice, feel free to get back at me over this one, I'd love some input.
Catch the cleaver!!!
"You have slain an enemy"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 7:13am | Report
There are 2 items that work. Abyssal and Rylai, but other than those AP really isn't a good choice.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 2:06pm | Report
RoA needs a baby version for Domion. Average games take 20min and time for RoA to be effective is longer than that isn't it?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 3:22pm | Report
ROA needs 10min, but the match is pretty much over by the time it's fully stacked.
Mana items for casters are much worse in dominion..

I think Odin's Veil is enough for Amumu though.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Memnoch5
<Member>
Memnoch5's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 7:00pm | Report
Hadn't considered the veil, still getting familiar with the Dominion items. I'll throw it on and see what happens. Keep 'em coming guys.
Catch the cleaver!!!
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 12:02am | Report
Amumu is pretty lousy in Dom, but you can make any hero work if you play to their strengths. Amumu has a lot of sustained AOE damage, so that's what you wanna focus on with your items.

RoA is still a great item in Dominion. I can very easily have RoA completed by 5-7 minutes in most games, earlier than that if I did well (my record is currently something like 4:03 as Maokai.) Well, rather, I can have the MONEY to complete RoA by that time, I can't always afford to port home and build it right away.

Rylai's is going to be an item you want. Permaslow tears are great and will make it extremely difficult for people to poke a point you're defending.

Deathcap is a given, but I prefer to have some AP before buying it (I'd get it after RoA/Rylai, for example.)

Don't bother with a Void Staff unless they're stacking MR. If they aren't stacking MR, just get more AP instead.

Hextech Sweeper is extremely good on Amumu since by midgame you can be crying nonstop thanks to the mana regen boost. Amumu makes an excellent solution to Akali and Evelynn with a Sweeper (Maokai is better still, but this is about Amumu.) Obviously, don't bother with a Sweeper if you don't need the stealth detection. If you need one, you should get it before/in place of Rylai.

Boots will depend on what role you're doing. If you're playing defensively (anchor top, anchor bot), go with Mercury's Treads for the Tenacity. If you're gonna be roaming, grab Boots of Mobility instead (BoM are always better than Swiftness for Dom.)

If you need MR, I'd go with an Abyssal Scepter first since it synergizes with your passive. If someone already has one (please don't make one if someone else is already making one), get Odyn's Veil instead.

If you need armor, get Randuin's Omen. Amumu doesn't have a lot of use for CDR, so Randuin's Omen is better than Frozen Heart for him - again, the main reason you're taking Amumu is for nonstop tears. An AP Tank Amumu is a good answer to bruiser-heavy teams due to the percent-based damage on tears.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
Memnoch5
<Member>
Memnoch5's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 1:59am | Report
Urscythe, thanks for the incredibly detailed input. What I was attempting with this build weas a high damage output amumu, rather then the classic, off tank, "come here and let me cry on you" Amumu. However, as Searz has said, it just doesn't flow well enough to be viable. At least I can say I attempted it. Now back to the glory that is REGULAR Amumu. Thanks guys, I'll have more posts coming up soon for other "off-the-wall" theory crafting ideas.
Catch the cleaver!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide