Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Evelynn still playable, what?!

Creator: Zel The Newbie November 16, 2011 12:40am
Zel The Newbie
<Member>
Zel The Newbie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 12:40am | Report
Hey folks

As a former big time Evelynn player, I thought that her losing her stun made her completely useless. I mean, no stun and a weaker ultimate, how could she ever work again?

Well apparently, she still does. Somewhat. She is nowhere near her previous state of gameplay, and she will never get to be top competetive in ranked games in her current position as AP/AD melee carry.

BUT - with all this time passed, people have forgotten about her. How dangerous she gets once around lvl 4, and how deadly she can be in lvl 6. Now trust me when I say that you will still rarely be able to carry, because she's so incredibly squishy. The amount of reflex that's necessary to still play her effeciently is still incredibly high - BUT:
The amount of scouting she can provide for her team is amazing. She can be a moving ward - and should be. She can gank lanes, she can disturb and invade enemy jungle. In early game against weak junglers such as Amumu she's incredibly dangerous with her stealth.

Don't get me wrong, as Evelynn you either win or lose. There's nothing in between. It either goes well or goes to the ****bricks, and in Dominion people (both enemies and your team mates) will hate you for "not helping them" in teamfights early on, simply because you can't. Evelynn needs crucial items to be viable, but once she gets them she is still - surprisingly - somewhat viable.

Would I recommend her in a premade? Hell no. There are so many stronger champions. But solo queue can easily be pulled off, mainly due to the fact that people have forgotten how to play against.

So a heads up to those gamers, that enjoyed the Evelynn gameplay before she got bombed back to the stoneage: She still has a stick to knock other champions in the head with. It's not as big as it used to be, but it can still hurt those players, who doesn't have a very strong head... If you know what I mean.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to share with you guys. Do you agree/disagree?
By Scrax
I make plans and hug people <3
"Zel, gtfo of my mid lane!" - But I like it here... :(
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 8:45am | Report
To a certain degree, I do agree.

She can still work in premades. Hell, she might even work better in premades because you can actually trust people to bait for you.

I've seen her get fed and, she's scary. Same with Twitch.

It's more player skill now than it was back when she had the stun.
True love is found only in yourself.
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2011 7:09pm | Report
she is so freaking scary in dominion. i main as her there, but... she's freaking hard in BOT GAMES.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2011 10:14am | Report
MY Eve summary before reading this;

She sucks but normals are normals, play her for fun.

MY Eve summary after reading this;

^_^
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2011 6:08pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

MY Eve summary before reading this;

MY Eve summary after reading this;

^_^

agreed. but dominion is a different story. she is viable and actually commly banned in dominion. but summoner's rife? forget it.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Seelyon
<Member>
Seelyon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 2:43am | Report
I still play her from time to time shes so much fun to use and still very powerful.

Generally playing her with a friend or two allows for easy ganks. First time you blow their Flash and second time well they are dead.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 2:51am | Report
Eve isn't any bit strong. Anybody calling her strong is plain ******ed.
The only reason an evelynn would do good in a game is if she gets fed. That applies to everyone. Of course, without her stun she's absolutely **** and 1v1ing, ganking, and her stealth is easily countered by wards and oracles.
Riot ADMITS they overnerfed her in preparation of the stealth rework.

On a side note, people calling evelynn still viable or still strong after the nerfs, please stop being silly.. (not referring to anyone specific, just an overall comment)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide