Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A good tank?

Creator: iTzKPanda March 15, 2012 5:01pm
1 2
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 3:49am | Report
I haven't played that many tanks, but the ones that I find most fitting are Volibear, he can deal massive damage with his W even though he goes full tank, Amumu, he has godlike CC, Skarner, even though he doesn't scale as one of the greatest tanks he is really fun and can do pretty much everything, Maokai, though he's hard to play and is squishy early game he can deal massive damage late game and is great to get kills and farm, Rammus, I don't think I have to explain him, and Vladimir, he can be amazing through his passive but is really hard to play.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 1:00pm | Report
Cho'Gath. Even if all your CC doesn't hit the enemies, they still get split up. Not to mention, he has a single-target nuke. He can help drop the main target really quick.

Amumu always known for a game-changing ultimate. He also has an aweful lot of AoE damage in general.

Alistar. Build straight damage, still nearly invincible...for a couple seconds. Great CC.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
marxr87
<Member>
marxr87's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 11:11pm | Report
Taric, love that guy. I go full support but at late game I'm a tank anyway. So much armor...so much team presence. Everything he has is completely to support the team WHILE tanking.

Amumu is probably the best, buy you will almost NEVER get to play him in ranked. I rarely, if ever, see Taric banned.
Tristana sez:
CROTCH SHOT!!! PENTAKILL!!!!

I can haz rep?
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 11:23pm | Report
Amumu is rarely banned anymore. There are more important bans. That being said, Amumu is another good pick.

If you want something unorthodox, try tank Kennen. It's basically Amumu, but with more CC that lasts a bit shorter.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2012 5:55am | Report
Personally I've played Amumu where I've changed the outcome of the game from my actions. He's just a great initiator and his ultimate leaves squishy carries out in the open. Then his bandage can grab anyone running away.

Aside from Amumu, I've fallen in love with Dr. Mundo. I play him bot supporting a carry. His cleavers allow him to greatly harass the enemy team. And one thing I've noticed with Mundo is if you have a bad start you can always recover.

I've also discovered Singed recently. I'd play him solo top. I haven't had much luck with him lately, at least during laning phase. After poison is maxed I can farm minion waves easily, and during team fights I just ult and ghost and run around like a maniac :D

Aside from tanks, the only off tanks I've played are:
Olaf - I love his laning abilities. He's a great solo top.
Nidalee - Used to play her as an AP carry (dat spear). Then I discovered offtank nidalee. She's nice and tanky, and her abilities still do a good amount of damage.
Yorick - I must not speak of Yorick for other Yorick players will be angered if others discover him.
Udyr - I just suck at jungling, but he's really fun and can do lots of damage.
Nasus - I lucked out with him once and was able to farm my Q really high. Besides that I never do AMAZING with him. But if you like him use him. He's really more of a tank than an offtank, I just consider him offtank because of the damage potential he has.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide