Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

AD Nunu. Why not?

Creator: Flubadoo July 16, 2011 7:56am
1 2 3
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 7:56am | Report
Yes, he has delicious AP scaling. But that's essentially 1 ability. His ultimate will almost never go off for the full duration in a teamfight, since most champions in the game have some sort of hard CC or push-type CC.

But he also has a perma-AS and MS steroid for him and his carry. His slow doesn't scale with AP, so you still have a great perma-slow. You also have your ultimate, which can still distract people and still do a buttload of damage without AP. It's not like you build much AP in your average Nunu either, since you build lots of survivability.

Why not give him a build like this:

-Wriggle's Lantern

Make you even better at counterjungling and jungling in general. Lifesteal, Armor, and AD, and free wards.
Awesome item. Nunu is a great counterjungler. Capitalize upon that advantage.

-Tank item (B. Veil, Randuin's Omen, Frozen Mallet)

Frozen Mallet isn't really a tank item, but it is great if you can easily get to the enemy carry so you can slow them to hell and make positioning a living hell for them.
B. Veil is a great survivability item if enemy mages are too powerful for some reason.
Randuin's Omen is great if you're getting focused or enemy physical damage champions are doin' work.

-Atma's Impaler or Wit's End

Lots of AD and armor, or lots of MR, AS, and great on-hit damage (3k+ worth of stats in 2k).

-Build damage or survivability from here on out.

I mean, AP nunu is so limited in so many ways because you can't really go get a deathcap, since you'll be too squishy to ult, and you'll only be useful for the buff to your carry and the E does more damage. Your nuke (R) will almost always be interrupted if enemy team sees you grabbing lots of AP. Honestly AP nunu doesn't really feel useful lategame at all. Just an occasional E that hits kinda hard, but not really much of a threat.

But tanky DPS nunu allows you to also take advantage of the great steroid, you still have E which is perma-slow. You can still deal very formidable damage with R, even though it'll be interrupted most of the time, which is a great way to take focus off of your carry. You can also counterjungle and jungle faster with Wriggle's Lantern.

So why not?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 9:07pm | Report
Nunu needs mana. Spamming Ice Blast is not an easy thing to do - ideally you want a lot of CDR to be able to perma-slow and that's basically 115 mana every 4 seconds.

Obviously you start off with gold per 10 but then you usually need to get that Catalyst into a Rod if you're doing well or into a Veil if you're not. There's no room to build AD.

I guess if you can farm enough you could make AD work but with Nunu's limited resources you want to go gold per 5 into one or two AP/CDR items into tank. That's it.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 12:16am | Report
ok wait not Jeb, Ive tinkered with AD nunu, and its not half bad. But I lane and dont jungle. I do agree with the CDR though.

Mana is important, and for AD nunu I would say grab a tears of the goddess early and farm it up.

CDR boots are always good, and get a ghostblade to go with it. Good CDR, some ArP, and a boss active.

I agree with FM and BV. Bulk is great for nunu, and there give him great bulk and survival.

After farming some mana on Tears, make it a manamune. So add manamune and BV, you good to go. If you want to make your HP work better for you, than get Atma's and take off.

Now, if you really wanna have some fun, since his spells are spammable, get a Triforce and have some fun. Granted you have to give up Atma's. I would leave that to you though.

Its not a bad idea, it just takes time and you gotta be able to deal with the flamming and QQ you gonna get.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 3:02am | Report
Placing him in lane just makes him useless to the team. He's such a strong jungler and he's so good at controlling the map that keeping him in a lane farming (when he doesn't even need it normally) is just bad play.
PINK
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 3:11am | Report
I've played AD Nunu with some okay results. I've run Atmog's on him for the lulz, but it worked okay. I normally go Tear -> CDR boots -> Brutalizer - Zeal - Youmuu's -> Phantom Dancer -> Warmog's -> Atma's. A bit squishy, but it has worked well xD

I've also used Randuin's / Frozen Heart as defensive items with armor, while I've used FoN for MR item. (For the MS boost) <- trololol
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 3:12am | Report
But in competitive play, I must say that I agree with Summoner -> Only run him AD-laning in games, where you don't really care about the outcome, though you might sometimes win. :)
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 8:57am | Report
I dont jungle, I cant jungle. And its sad that no one sees the usefulness of Lane Nunu.

Nunu is still a support champ, and if you lane with the right champs, you can put him to good use.

Im gonna get off topic for a sec.

Why to lane as Nunu

1. He is Support and with his AS and Movement buff, combined with various AD champs you can dominate the lane.

2. His ability to have a nuke (And lets face it, Ice Ball is a nuke) that is also a slow, he has great lane presence.

3. He will always have things to use Consume on. The great thing about that is its great to farm with. It heals, you get gold, so why not?

4. Farming and Harassment are boss. You can slow/nuke targets that get too close, Consume for HP and gold.

5. You can itemize how you like. As a jungler, you will have to get Madred's razors and that gold can be spent in other ways.

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 9:10am | Report

I dont jungle, I cant jungle. And its sad that no one sees the usefulness of Lane Nunu.

Nunu is still a support champ, and if you lane with the right champs, you can put him to good use.

Im gonna get off topic for a sec.

Why to lane as Nunu

1. He is Support and with his AS and Movement buff, combined with various AD champs you can dominate the lane.

2. His ability to have a nuke (And lets face it, Ice Ball is a nuke) that is also a slow, he has great lane presence.

3. He will always have things to use Consume on. The great thing about that is its great to farm with. It heals, you get gold, so why not?

4. Farming and Harassment are boss. You can slow/nuke targets that get too close, Consume for HP and gold.

5. You can itemize how you like. As a jungler, you will have to get Madred's razors and that gold can be spent in other ways.

He's a good laner, he's just the best jungler in the game.

It's just wasted potential...
]
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 9:20am | Report
Im not denying his Jungle power, Im just not a jungler. Never could do it.

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 9:32am | Report

Im not denying his Jungle power, Im just not a jungler. Never could do it.

Still, that's like playing TF as an AD carry.

He can do it, but he's MUCH worse than other AD carries, and TF is an AP caster through and through. His role IS an AP caster, like Nunu's is a jungler.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide