Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

AP Master Yi

Creator: LordAwesome March 31, 2012 4:52am
LordAwesome
<Member>
LordAwesome's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 4:52am | Report
I tried it recently and went 13-4. My build was, started off with a Doran's Ring. I went for the early DFG for more burst. Afterwards, I built sorc shoes and sheen, then a deathcap. Then I got a lich bane after. After lich bane, I got a WotA, although I think it's not needed. Should've went either Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter. I went mid against an Ahri and it was pretty easy. Use Q for easy harass and meditate if harassed. Maxed Q, obviously. I get one point in E at lvl 4 just for the extra 15 damage and not to mention the nice active. Basically, my combo was DFG then Q. Finish off with ignite and autoattacks. So, is AP Yi viable in competitive play?

TL;DR is AP Yi good?

I play on Garena South East Asia!
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 9:35am | Report
Why not? I used him in ranked games before. It's usually considered strong early and mid game though. Late game, it starts to fall off unless you're really fed. The good thing about it is that if the team has no CC, you can just run in there, be the focus and then meditate while your team mates deal the damage. Also, if you ulti right before you Q someone to death, your skills refresh so all you have to do is repeat the process and you CAN deal 1000+ magic damage in a relatively short amount of time to EACH person.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 9:50am | Report
Definitely viable.

You burst multiple people for 1000-2000 damage at a time, your auto-attacks aren't too bad because of your steroids, then when you get a kill your burst repeats again and again.

Sometimes I think AP versions of some champions who were meant to be AD are better that their AD components :P
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide