Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

ATTENTION IRELIA GUIDE SPAMMERS

Creator: Restrictnine#5232 November 17, 2010 11:55am
1 2
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:55am | Report
ATTENTION IRELIA WANNABES!!!

Half of this post is going to be a rant about how little time is taken to make these sad sad guides.
The other half is going to be a rant about how everyone seems to think Sword of the Occult is a good idea on a melee champ.

Obviously one is fact, and the other opinion.

So. I realize that often times the first "new champ" guide is often the be all end all of that champion. For example, lux guides failed miserably, and Carry Lux is obviously not the way you want to play lux. She just doesnt have that potential like Annie does. But people are so set on one type of style that when one person makes a guide like that, everyone else seems to think taht is the only way to play her, and downvotes everything else. No. That is not how it works. Swain works like a tank best. How many swain guides do you see that go tanky? Probably not too many, not that i actually cared to check. For Irelia, I see a lot of interesting Builds that actually make sense, like an AP Irelia that could actually work... kinda like Magewick. BUT MY GOD PEOPLE!!! LOOK AT THE DESCRIPTIONS!!! NO ONE WANTS TO SEE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FOR TEN LINES BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO LAZY TO WRITE AN ACTUAL DESCRIPTION!!! MOBAfire today is too good of a site for ******** like that. Look at all the top ten guides of the month. Even the ****py ones were well thought out and significantly better than the garbage i see so often in the newest builds browse section. I have nothing against say, heal, on Irelia, or AP Irelia, but come on! At least put more than 10 minutes of effort into these guides! Don't make a guide if you haven't mastered the champ yet. Nuff said. No offense to those of you that have made Irelia guides, and I know there are a lot of you, but i mean really. You can't honestly tell me you know her inside and out [oddly sexual, but no pun intended]. I am sorry if this offends the MOBA community, but please please PLEASE make a description. I don't even bother voting anymore because there is a ****ty description. I know people that take thirty minutes to write a fairly good description, and while it is hardly in depth, at least it covers what i want to know about the build. If you fill a description with one letter just to make it a completed build, your guide shouldnt even be posted. Builds dont make good guides. Descriptions do.

SECOND OF ALL:

Sword of the Occult? Really? You mean to tell me that it's a good idea to have a snowball item on a melee champion?? How often do you see people do good with this item? And if you see it often, how often do you see this person pub stomping in a smurf or something like that? I see master yi's all the time using it because they are on smurf accounts and enjoy tearing people apart. Yes. I know it works. But if that is your goal, then SAY it is a pub stomp guide. Dont make it seem like it is the only way to play Irelia, because i assure you, it is NOT. If you ask me, She probably plays like a more assassin-esque Xin Zhao. This is my opinion, as i stated before, but XIN ZHAO IS AN OFFTANK!! I never see Xin Zhao players do good if they go pure DPS. As a result, I feel that Irelia must also be built as an offtank. She needs survivability if she wants to make any real impact. I mean for god's sake. ONE OF HER SKILLS PORTS HER TO THE TARGET!!! SHE IS NOT RANGED!!! Unless you play AP Irelia, don't pretend like she is anything other than melee. Just because her ult is ranged does not mean she is a ranged champion. IMO, Sword of the Occult is a purely ranged dps item. you cant build this on melee and expect to do good every time. Plus, it is a little expensive for a snowball item, if you ask me. There are a lot of other items you would be better off buying for that gold. Like boots. or Warden's Mail. or even something that does damage, if you refuse to build anything even remotely tanky, like youmuu's or Hexdrink... or whatever that new item is called... But you get the idea.

@Matt,
If this thread is offensive or inappropriate, feel free to delete it. I am just very angry that people have no respect for what a good guide is, and instead they pump it out as fast as they can in hopes that they get lots of good votes. It disgusts me. Guides should take weeks to make, not minutes.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:57am | Report
lol bro is ok always like that.

i was like wtf when leblanc is released, still no one who made a guide knows how to play her. its so sad its funny

personally i have a "200 games" rule when i make guides. and another rule called "insightful, unique. and inspirational".

i already suggested matt to put build description lower limit to shut out sht guides.
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 12:08pm | Report
There is a lower limit. it is 300 characters for it to be considered "complete". if there is a lower limit for it to be published, people would do just that:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously that doesnt change anything. There is always a way around the system. Obviously, guides like that get nothing but a downvote, because i could care less about the build. almost. But the description makes or breaks the deal for me.

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 12:55pm | Report
Restrictnine.. I hail you.
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 1:04pm | Report
If i get un-"veted", it was worth it. Because this needs to stop.

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 1:17pm | Report
I hardly believe you'll get demoted. Everything you say is true, but also; It isn't against the rules. People are allowed to make their guides, and if they believe they've mastered the Champion before even playing her/him, well, fine. It's up to them, we're not FORCED to read the guides :)

But I can see your frustration.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 3:09pm | Report
Yes, I understand where you're coming from, too. It also shocks me that one guide that gets a lucky +3 that turns into the only guide anyone ever looks at surges to +100 in no time because people don't take time to actually scrutinize the build. The top Sion build, for example. I don't think there's even a description and it's a the top? -_- Also the Teemo build that was on the front page for a month, the author doesn't even give feedback. I don't see how some builds get the rank they do but it amazes me that the moment one build catches on, even though it may be absolutely terrible, everyone decides that is the ONLY way they will ever play that champion.

Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 3:10pm | Report
Well when i was writing the Sword of the Occult section i felt like PFP, and we all know about that whole issue with phantom dancer...

@B-Wong,
agreed. Sooooooo many bad guides out there that somehow just went crazy. The one that really pops out at me in my mind is the Rammus Killer guide by nespabo. It isn't even a complete guide, and it is one of the top guides of all time. Now how in the hell...?

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 3:23pm | Report
If you see someone spamming ~~~~~~~~~~~~ just to reach the 300 character limit, report it. That's an abuse of the system and should be dealt with.
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 4:20pm | Report
what ur saying is valid restrictnine.

@matt

for the top rated guides at least, there should be a review done lets say monthly for the top guides to see if they really are that good. i mean if a guide that only has 500 characters is rated highest, it should be demoted in someway. its easy to get above 80% if only a few people vote
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide