Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Baulder, The Justiciar of Demacia

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS August 28, 2011 11:23am
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 11:23am | Report
More or less Baulder is meant to be something like a Supportive Damage Tank....Or in my eyes a more badass version of Taric.

Templar's Vow (Passive): Baulder is sworn to protect the innocent and smite the guilty thus he is imbued with ancient power which deals 5% of the damage dealt to him back as magic damage. Baulder's abilities apply a Mark of The Pure.

Hammer Of The Just (Q): Baulder deals 50/60/70/80/90+(50%AP+75%AD) as magic damage to target champion. The target champion is stuned for 1 second (Feels rather solid because of the ratios)

Purify (W): Baulder cleanses the soul of target champion. If the target is friendly they are healed for 20/30/40/50/60 health and any CC effects are removed (cleansed effect lasts 2 seconds). If the targeted champion is an enemy they take 20/30/40/50/60 damage and are slowed by 20/30/40/50/60% for 2 seconds. (I would think because it is aheal/damage/cleanse/debuff is one that the damage shouldnt be too high. I could be wrong though. Needs tweaking)

Inquistion (E): Passive- Baulder's auto attacks deal 80/100/120/140/160 bonus damage to targets afflicted by Mark of The Pure. Active- Baulder hurls his hammer in a straight line dealing 50/60/70/80/90+(50% AP+80% AD) and 40/50/60/70/80 damage as it returns as magic damage.

Last Rights (R): Baulder fills target friendly or enemy champion with energy. They give off AoE damage for 5 seconds. At the end of those 5 seconds if the champion dies they "explode" dealing damage equivelent to an additonal 3/4/5 seconds of AoE damage. ((Hard to conceptalize an idea like this and make it work. But essentially it is to deter enemies from killing the imbued target or focus your team on killing a certain target. No idea what the numbers or ratios should be for this)
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 11:43am | Report
Damn, are we the only 2 people in this subforum? o.o

I would lower the damage (or ratios, either one) on Q and up the stun, since this guy IS a support tank, after all.

I'm assuming the Mark of the Pure is consumed when you auto attack someone, but even then the base damage on E's passive is too much.

GP's W is a self Cleanse and heal. The reason that GP's W is not OP is because it has a super long CD, kinda high mana cost, and can only be used on him. You're changing the game here with GP's W (with a weaker heal) being able to be used on an ally. That's... Dangerously good. Especially since the spell provides the Cleanse buff (I'd remove that) AND can be used on enemies.

The ult is a little weird. I feel like you'd have to choose between it doing **** damage and the target living, or it doing great damage but the target dying. Oh and another thing-NOBODY would use it on allies unless they were about to die, in which case what's the point of it meant to get people off a target? Everyone would just use it on an enemy that was caught out of position, and have it buck fitches up.

I'm really not sure if I love that ult or hate it. I can't tell =/

Otherwise, he is a badass Taric.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 12:26pm | Report
If I were to add an internal CD to his E proc so it couldn't be used on a champion more than ~6 seconds would that justify the damage? Otherwise I'll strip it down to max out around 100-120 bonus damage.

Drop Q to 40/50/60/70/80 base damage? Or a bit lower? Up the stun to 2 seconds at all levels/

The reasoning for his W being an all in one button was that I intended for it to a rather long CD support tool in his kit. To keep in line with supportive changes. Currently we have (that I can recall) no champion capable of cleansing a friendly. That is the main thing I wanted to keep. But I also wanted it to feel worth leveling up. Getting 1 point in it would be just as good as 5 points in it late game if all it was, was a cleanse/slow. Soraka can restore mana to friendlies/ or damage and silence an enemy. I want Purify to have a similar dual purpose utility. Maybe remove the heal/damage components and keep it as Cleanse Friends/Slow Foes?

Last Rights: Intended to more or less protect a carry or focus one while in a team fight. The reason for AoE damage was to keep the fight interesting. 5 seconds is an eternity in LoL (as we know) and I wanted the damage to be something impactful but not over the top. Something like 200 damage dealt in AoE every second for 5 seconds (late game) then explodes dealing an addiotional 1k damage to surrounding enemies would be quite impactful. But also avoidable. Perhaps make it something like Vlad's ult but singal target. Let it deal DoT to the afflicted target and if they die it explodes dealing X damage to surrounding enemies. So Vlad+Morde type ult but no resurection. It's something to work with....

And yes we are the only souls in this sub-forum XD.
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 3:25pm | Report
Abandon hope all ye who enter... This subforum tis only inhabited by the old ones, Jeffy and Gwad....
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 6:45pm | Report
Lol
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards