Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Solotops? Unlikely Solotops that work?

Creator: ianxplosion December 2, 2011 9:26am
brownwabbit
<Member>
brownwabbit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 12:06pm | Report
You know, I'm no expert, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Yorick. I tend to notice most yoricks in my games get huge solo top but that could just as easily be due to the fact that he's still underplayed and therefore probably a bit harder to play against for a lot of less experienced players.
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 12:15pm | Report
tbh I forgot about Yorick. Yorick is great in almost any role. I need to start playing him again...
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 12:43pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Irelia is one of my best tops :P

Trundle is a pretty uncommon top pick who can handle pretty much any champ. Has no ranged poke but his passive gives him good sustain early on.

:O!

Test Irelia vrs my Olaf one of these days :)

Also, Trundle is a good honorable mention ^_^
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 12:46pm | Report

Jarvan. Only champ I have had problems with is that damned Jax. Glad he is getting reworked. You just have to play smart. And 0/22/8 works so well on him. Once you have a Philosopher's Stone in the first few minutes of the match you can pretty much stay in the lane forever.

Also Garen is easy to deal with up top without 40 armor. If he doesn't get boots first you will out run him with the Initiator and Swiftness talents. If he can't get close to you then he gets frustrated and just hides in a bush and starts munching on some grass hoping to surprise someone. However, Garen has a great way to farm and can out farm many. And he has great sustain.

Lol how do you lose to Jax with Jarvan... I've never lost to a Jax in my life with Jarvan. His kit like... Inherently counters Jax's kit pre 6 and you can put him far enough behind that he can't catch up.

Also, if you let Garen farm then you're not really dealing with him, are you?

That's why you take 40 armor and just beat him up :/
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 2:14pm | Report
What happens when you roll top with 40 armor expecting to face an AD champ and get faced with an AP like Cass. Solid range, good base move speed, insanely good harass (in the right hands), superior mana upkeep and farming capabilities.

From there do you just counter build?
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 3:05pm | Report

What happens when you roll top with 40 armor expecting to face an AD champ and get faced with an AP like Cass. Solid range, good base move speed, insanely good harass (in the right hands), superior mana upkeep and farming capabilities.

From there do you just counter build?

That's why I don't use armor quints. I just use movement speed runes and deal with whoever I'm solo-top against in my own way. Although Cassiopeia top would be strange to begin with.

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 3:41pm | Report

Jarvan. Only champ I have had problems with is that damned Jax. Glad he is getting reworked. You just have to play smart. And 0/22/8 works so well on him. Once you have a Philosopher's Stone in the first few minutes of the match you can pretty much stay in the lane forever.

Also Garen is easy to deal with up top without 40 armor. If he doesn't get boots first you will out run him with the Initiator and Swiftness talents. If he can't get close to you then he gets frustrated and just hides in a bush and starts munching on some grass hoping to surprise someone. However, Garen has a great way to farm and can out farm many. And he has great sustain.

DuffTime wrote:

Lol how do you lose to Jax with Jarvan... I've never lost to a Jax in my life with Jarvan. His kit like... Inherently counters Jax's kit pre 6 and you can put him far enough behind that he can't catch up.

Also, if you let Garen farm then you're not really dealing with him, are you?

That's why you take 40 armor and just beat him up :/

I was referring to Jax post 6. Pre 6 he is meh. I guess I should have made that more clear even though you get to level 6 very fast in a solo lane. If we played the whole game as pre6 then you would be correct and Jax would be quite easy for most anyone to deal with. Unfortunately most games I have played in tend to go past the solo lanes getting level 6.

And I was just mentioning the fact that Garen has a singular better farm tool than Jarvan does.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2011 12:29am | Report
Well Jeffy, it's never happened to me before but I don't blind pick.

I draft or ranked so I can see their comp and pick my page.

It helps that about 15 pages for solo top and pages within like 5 MR/armor differences.

Like 10 armor 20+ mr

20+ armor 10 MR and so on.

I have a page for everything and if I'm not sure I usually go with my 30 armor 13ish mr page (Forgot exact numbers) because you start with a high MR base so it's more even that way :)

And then counter build, yeappers.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2011 12:39am | Report
Volibear getting no mention ._.
Shyvana's decent.
Galio no mention either :/
Maokai's pretty good.
Morgana's ok
SKARNER DON'T FORGET ABOUT SKARNER