Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Solotops? Unlikely Solotops that work?

Creator: ianxplosion December 2, 2011 9:26am
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 1:17pm | Report
HSGG wasn't worried about Renekton, because he knows that Voyboy's renekton falls off a lot late game, so he just built standard.

Ironically, every EU player has a 40 mr page for double AP meta, but they don't have a 40 armor page for Garen, Irelia, Tryndamere, and Riven lanes, because no one is good at those champions in EU.

As far as "unlikely solo tops"

Sona, AtS Cho, Janna.

A lot of stuff wins certain lanes.

If i see Singed or Nasus, i pick Soraka, because she can just destroy them and prevent them from csing.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 1:22pm | Report
Well Dyrus doesn't know the secret OP of Offtank Sion ^_^
aroke453
<Member>
aroke453's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 1:35pm | Report
garens not getting any mentions. start with a dorans shield, buy warmogs. you now have all the hp regen you'll ever need. plus his damage (especially early game) is good. outsustain the enemy and top is yours. the more the enemy has to go b for health the more tower damage you can sneak in while they're there. also wukong is pretty boss in top lane. great poke with no real worries of the enemy damaging you from it (decoy)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 1:41pm | Report
Garen is easy as pie.

Take 40 armor in runes, tell him to open his mouth, and proceed to **** down his throat.

Him, Renek, and Riven all get shut down by the same page.

Which is why it's a great page to have.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 9:23am | Report
Irelia is one of my best tops :P

Trundle is a pretty uncommon top pick who can handle pretty much any champ. Has no ranged poke but his passive gives him good sustain early on.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 9:37am | Report
I'd say that right now, the best Solo-tops are between Singed, Irelia, and Cho'Gath.

Unlikely solo-tops? Teemo comes to mind.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it's luck, but.. Ever since I learned how to play Irelia, I haven't lost a game with her. The only Solo-top that gives me trouble is Olaf and Singed. That fling T.T

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 9:46am | Report
Karma. The ONLY champ I was able to win solo top vs an Olaf (and I did it more than one). IMO, Karma is probably THE most underrated champ of LoL

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 11:23am | Report
I'm 3/0 with irelia btw going 1.7/1.3/1.3.

I am the best irelia in the world.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 11:28am | Report
Jarvan. Only champ I have had problems with is that damned Jax. Glad he is getting reworked. You just have to play smart. And 0/22/8 works so well on him. Once you have a Philosopher's Stone in the first few minutes of the match you can pretty much stay in the lane forever.

The flip side is if your jungler does not gank top much or at all sometimes you just end up in a farm fest up top... and in those sometimes you will lose just based on the fact that some heroes become unstoppable once farmed.

Also Garen is easy to deal with up top without 40 armor. If he doesn't get boots first you will out run him with the Initiator and Swiftness talents. If he can't get close to you then he gets frustrated and just hides in a bush and starts munching on some grass hoping to surprise someone. However, Garen has a great way to farm and can out farm many. And he has great sustain.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2011 11:50am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

I'm 3/0 with irelia btw going 1.7/1.3/1.3.

I am the best irelia in the world.

Your ego is showing :P

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide