Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Caitlyn vs. Miss Fortune

Creator: Ssyrak March 13, 2013 3:28am
Ssyrak
<Member>
Ssyrak's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 3:28am | Report
I currently started to play ranked in Season 3 and unfortunately I had no AD carry in my team. That's why I considered maining one myself. As I wasn't playing LoL for a pretty long time I don't know what champion to get. Caitlyn and Miss Fortune seem to be pretty viable. But which one is stronger? Or are there any other AD carries to get? I already tried Vayne but she's not really my style. So I would be happy about an advice.

PS: I'm sorry if such a post already exists.
Please notice: If you just commented my post or updated your guide please let me know - by writing an PN - to get new feedback / a new vote. I can't have an eye on all the guides I'm commenting.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 5:28am | Report
They're pretty different carries, IMO. Caitlyn usually tries to control the lane, winning by not allowing trade opportunities (i.e. she shoots from her range and goes back before a retort is made possible). Eventually you'll start denying the opponent hard. She has various means to control her lane and a reliable escape should you be ganked.

Miss Fortune is a lot more straightforward as a carry. She likes forcing trades because her scalings and kit are very strong. She wants to rape in lane and can easily get out of hand if underestimated. However, she has no real escape, only a small AoE slow + passive (if it kicks in timely).

So it's a bit about play style. Personally, I prefer Miss Fortune, but both are pretty good carries
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 7:38am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

And her ult is a lot more useful in teamfights.
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 6:36am | Report
They are both viable and these two are my best AD carries. Cait's range is ridiculous and MF's damage can get our of control if fed. Probably just switch between the two depending on the team comp and enemy team. I would pick up one more ADC like Draven or Graves, just so you can have a 3rd option.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide