Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CAUCHEKA SO RONERY (Master Yi)

Creator: caucheka September 18, 2010 4:04pm
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2010 4:04pm | Report
welcome to my third attempt at a basic overview/guide thingamabobber, this time as i was requested of Master Yi or Tryndamere, but seeing as I only have Yi here it goes.

SKILLS:

Double Strike

Master Yi strikes twice every 7th attack.

As an AD:
This is a very nice passive, hitting an enemy twice on the same attack really pumps up your damage output, especially since most of your damage comes from striking.

As an AP:
Double Strike is nice, but isn't that great of a passive for an AP build. useful for farming though.

Alpha Strike

Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+100% of ability power) magic damage to each enemy with a 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60% chance to deal 400 bonus magic damage to minions.

As an AD:
This is a great skill to catch people who are running away, but on an AD it is mainly for farming up some minions, due to its bonus damage.

As an AP:
This is where the damage for AP Yi comes from, although it has a big CD even when you've maxed CDR, it becomes very powerful, striking 4 targets for over 1k damage. (and even more for minion hits.)

Meditate

Master Yi channels, restoring 140 / 280 / 420 / 560 / 700 (+165% of ability power) health over 5 seconds. While channeling, Master Yi gains 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 armor and magic resistance.

As an AD:
This is a nice skill, being able to step out of battle for a few seconds and heal up before charging back in again, so you can hit them with your sword. (a few dozen times might i add.)

As an AP:
Yes that is right, 165% ability power. as previously stated you can get more than 800 ability power... with 800 ability power, this can practically take you from 0 to full health in 5 seconds (2050), which is why if you play an aram game, everyone expects you to go AP Yi.

Wuju Style

Passive: Increases physical damage by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35.
Active: Master Yi can activate this ability to double its effectiveness for 10 seconds, but this removes the passive bonus until Wuju Style becomes available again.

As an AD:
How is this not the greatest skill for an AD? it buffs your damage by 70 for 10 seconds! thats more damage than a longsword and a best friend sword combined.

As an AP
As an AP Yi, your focus is not so much hitting them with your sword, but more of jumping around like crazy then falling out of combat to heal, so this ability isn't as effective on an AP Yi, but it is great for pushing towers.

Highlander

Increases Master Yi's movement speed by 40% and Attack Speed by 40 / 60 / 80%, and he becomes immune to all slowing effects for 6 / 9 / 12 seconds. Additionally, killing a champion refreshes all of Master Yi's cooldowns. (Assists reduce half of the base cooldown amount.)

As an AD:
This is truly a great ultimate on a physical dps, granting move speed and attack speed for several seconds, and if you manage to kill an enemy champion you get to activate it again! My favorite thing to do is to activate ghostblade and cast Highlander and Ghost, nothing will be able to escape!

As an AP:
Once again, this spell looses some of its luster when on an AP Yi, The best use for it would be escaping or pushing turrets on an AP, but you could always use it to get close enough to alpha strike.

RECOMMENDED ITEM

As an AD:
I think one of the most useful items for an AD Yi is
Reason 1: As an AP, attack speed is always a good stat to stack, but on Yi you gotta be careful not to stack so much that Highlander's attack speed becomes practically useless.
Reason 2: Lifesteal. 20% of your damage you gain as health, which is a very important stat if you are going AD.
Reason 3: -20 armor for any enemies near you. Anti armor is EXTREMELY powerful versus non tanks, as they don't have much armor it will be easy to hurt em more, but its also good against tanks.
Reason 4: 30 health regen, which is helpful to drop out of combat for a few seconds and heal.
Reason 5: half of the attack speed, the lifesteal, and the health regen affect your allies standing nearby, if you have another melee dps this item becomes all the more important. (especially nice if your ally gets one, as you and them get the aura effect twice, but your other allies don't)

As an AP:
I think one of the most important items for AP Yi is
Reason 1: Master Yi has a very very very low amount of mana, especially if you're trying to cast Alpha Strike all the time, with its mana cost 120, burning out like 1/7th your mana every cast. This item gives more mana than any other.
Reason 2: Ability power. Reaching the full mana bonus also helps give you a nice ammount of AP.
Reason 3: Is it just me, or do a lot of the older heroes have low mana regen compared to the newer guys? Fix that problem with a little mana regeneration of your own. Seriously though, this item and your given mana regen isn't more than unboosted Olaf's? (and he was supposed to hate magic.)

Once again, feel free to leave requests for what heroes you wish me to go over, and i will overview them if i have that character. If not i'm just going to list 100 ways that turret diving is effective.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2010 5:26pm | Report
Why don't you just get manamune? It will increase your mana pool the same as angel staff would.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2010 5:36pm | Report
I think he is using AA for an AP build. Manamune would be good for AD though

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2010 2:46am | Report
don't get me wrong, manamune is a great item for almost any ad build, but posting manamune on every single one i do will get pretty boring quickly. trying to think outside the box and all...
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2010 6:02am | Report
Manamune is not for Yi.

He is a rightclicker. Doesnt need to "spam" abilities to do damage.
doing QER and than focusing on your RMB (right mouse button).

Manamune is good for champions that deal most of the damage via skills (MF, Gang, Panth bla bla bla)

For Yi, a no no. Even if you have mana problems at start after getting either Malady or Stark you are already a GREAT jungler, so getting that blue buff is very easy for you.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2010 1:16am | Report
what dewo said. i havn't played with yi and manamune. the mana problem, once again, is for when he needs to cast his spells all teh time, which doesnt happen with an ad build.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide