Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Champion Concept] Kelanor, The Bard of Ionia

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard September 25, 2014 11:50am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 11:50am | Report
rough concept is rough...
I posted this a long time ago on my blog, I know...but this version has adjustments

Backstory: Kelanor's reason for joining the League was largely wanderlust and a wish to bring his inspiring music to others. His past is shrouded in mystery, though it is suspected he once attended a bardic college in Demacia. He is a good friend of Karma, Soraka, and Irelia, friendly with Riven, and considers Draven a rival.

Appearance: coming soon™

Passive- Quicksilver Strings: The magical strings on Kelanor's lute cause his spells to mark targets for 4 seconds. The first ally (including himself) to deal damage to the target activates the mark, stealing 4/8/12% movement speed from them for 3 seconds. Hitting additional marked targets steals 1/4 of the original movement speed modifier per champion hit (maximum of 8/16/24% bonus movement speed).

Q- Clatterchord (skillshot, 825 range): Kelanor plays a dissonant chord on his lute that smashes into enemies and deals 70/100/170/200/270 (+65% AP) magic damage in a small AoE burst and lowers their armor and MR by 6/7/8/9/10% for 3 seconds (Cost: 60 mana at all ranks, 10 second CD)

W- Song of Solace/Piercing Scream (area centered on Kelanor, 525/550/600/625/650 radius): Kelanor roots himself in place for one second, singing a gentle lullaby that heals allies in range for 40/55/75/90/120 (+30% AP) and for an equal amount more over the next 3 seconds (total healed: 80/110/150/180/240 + 60% AP). Enemies within the range are instead damaged for 40/55/75/90/120 (+35% AP) magic damage and for an equal amount more over 3 seconds (total damage dealt: 80/110/150/180/240 + 70% AP). (Cost: 50/65/70/85/100 mana, 15 second CD)

E- Fools' Lament (targeted, 650 range): Kelanor plays a jaunty tune that gets stuck in an enemies' head, the target of this ability takes 70/100/120/170/220 (+50% AP) damage and is slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 3 seconds. If the target is already marked with Quicksilver Strings, the mark is consumed and they are instead stunned for 1.5 seconds. (Cost: 60/75/80/95/100 mana, 18/15/12/10/8 second CD)

R- Symphony of Awe (targeted radius, 950 range): all enemy targets within a small burst take 200/250/300 (+70% AP) magic damage and are silenced for 1.75/2/2.25 seconds. Fools’ Lament deals an additional 40/65/80 damage to targets marked by this skill and allies steal double Quicksilver Strings' current movement speed modifier if they attack marked targets while they are silenced. (Cost: 120 mana at all ranks, 120/90/60 second CD)

Change log:
That's gonna leave a mark
Armor and magic resistance reduction on Clatterchord re-tuned to 6/7/8/9/10% for 3 seconds from 5/7/10/12/15% for 4 seconds

This is the song that never ends....
Damage on Fools' Lament re-tuned to 70/100/120/200/220 from 70/90/120/200/220, stun duration increased to 1.5 seconds from 1 second
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 10:21pm | Report
It feels like Sona 2.0.

I feel this is quite a well-done kit, everything pretty much chains up. Except for your W, if you actually root yourself in place then try to damage the enemies / heal your allies in the heat of a fight, it would really deem it useless since it would be easy for enemies to get away and also establish yourself as an easy target.
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 11:07pm | Report
It's not intended to be used alone, not to mention the skill has pretty good range at upper ranks.

For example, Amumu uses Curse of the Sad Mummy and Kelanor follows this up with Clatterchord, then procs Quicksilver Strings with Symphony of Awe as the snare wears off to keep them CC'd and give himself a movement speed boost to get in range for Fools' Lament. Then he uses E to stun an important target and W to deal a little more damage to the stunned target (it has a fairly similar range to E), apply his passive again, and also to heal off any damage his allies have taken.

No, you're not going to just run in and W to deal damage and heal simultaneously, it's always going to be part of a combo.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2014 9:30am | Report
W is actually going to scale quite well into the late game. I can't help but think that the Armor/MR shred on his Q is a little strong though. I mean, the defense shred on her Q is kinda comparable to insta applying max stacks of Holy Fervor, on a 900 range Skillshot. That kind of range will be able to apply armor shred to the the front line and back line, if Kelanor builds tanky and casts it on the front line. If Kelanor itemizes defensively, it is a safe and easy way to apply shred stacks to the front line, with imo little counterplay to it.

If you're really determined to keep the range of that skill the same, i think it would do good to make sure it has a slow-ish projectile speed, so that opponents can have some opportunity to dodge it; If you get a passive on them and following up with an empowered AA on them, it becomes quite easy to combo off on that with W+E; I can picture the slow being quite strong early game, when people don't have movement speed items yet.

With the small stun duration, I don't think it'll really feel rewarding enough to chain your abilities to get off that stun; It will be difficult to land your stun with your allies proccing your passive stacks, and with such a low range and a long cooldown at level 1, unsuccessfully landing your stun would leave a really large window of opportunity for your opponents to counterplay you - all throughout the laning phase. I'd really like to see either the damage increase on your E (incentivizing people to max that ability and lower its' CD) or the stun duration to increase to like 1.5s. A 1 second stun just doesn't feel rewarding enough for how difficult it is to get that stun off.

Other than that, the champion seems pretty balanced mechanically speaking; Nothing is too underpowered or overpowered. Something does seem a little, 'off' though. I can't really put my finger on it though; I will pontificate over some food ;)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2014 10:04am | Report
Perhaps:
Q- Clatterchord (skillshot, 825 range): Kelanor plays a dissonant chord on his lute that smashes into enemies and deals 70/100/170/200/270 (+65% AP) magic damage in a small AoE burst and lowers their armor and MR by 6/7/8/9/10% for 3 seconds (Cost: 60 mana at all ranks, 10 second CD)

and

E- Fools' Lament (targeted, 650 range): Kelanor plays a jaunty tune that gets stuck in an enemies' head, the target of this ability takes 70/100/120/200/220 (+50% AP) damage and is slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 3 seconds. If the target is already marked with Quicksilver Strings, the mark is consumed and they are instead stunned for 1.5 seconds. (Cost: 60/75/80/95/100 mana, 18/15/12/10/8 second CD)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide