Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

[Champion Concept] Ni Chang, The White-Haired...

Creator: Amazing Monkey
June 11, 2012 3:07am
4 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Theory Crafting & Ideation » [Champion Concept] Ni Chang, The White-Haired Witch
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » June 11, 2012 3:07am | Report
Lian NiChang is a from a Chinese classic, The Bride with White Hair. In the story, she is seemingly betrayed by her husband and through grief and despair, grows white hair. Feeling betrayed, she turns on her husband's army using black magics. Her husband decides there is no choice but to fight back. Ni Chang eventually forms a cult in opposition of the military. Her intentions are vengeful and murderous, resulting in the death of the two lovers.

She was also featured in The Forbidden Kingdom, which is where I first learned of her. You might recognize her in the pics ;3

Some of these moves might seem ridiculous, but I think that it wouldn't be too OP if the stats were laid out reasonably.

Type: Assassin, Mage, Jungler

Passive: Empty Heart- Upon dealing damage, Ni Change gains up to 6 betrayal stacks. For each stack she has, she regains a % of health. Ni Chang's stacks decrease every 2 seconds she does not deal damage.

Q: Graceful Lunge- Ni Chang leaps to the cursor. If she lands on an enemy, she will follow the cursor and glide across minions or champions for up to 4 seconds, dealing more damage over time to each enemy she steps on. During this time, she dodges all basic attacks and cannot step on the same enemy consecutively. Once her prance is through, she darts with her nails to the nearest enemy champion and deals damage (+AP) (+a percentage from the time spent afloat).

Graceful Lunge can be activated again to end the process early.

If Ni Chang does not step on an enemy before Graceful Lunge ends, the ability stops with reduced cool down.

W: Band of the Cult- A mystical aura surrounds Ni Change for 6 seconds, dealing damage (+AP) per second. If an enemy encounters this aura, their attack and movement speed are reduced by (% increased on level) for 2 seconds.

E: Whip of Betrayal- Ni Chang lunges her hair dealing damage (+AP) to enemies in the of range. Her hair splits, dealing 50% of that damage to enemies at the edge of the attack.

R: Thirst for Vengeance- Ni Chang unleashes her rage and, for 6 seconds, increases her attack damage, magic damage, and movement speed based on how many kills the enemy team has.

Ni Chang's maximum Betrayal stacks temporarily increase to 10 for the duration of this ability.

Lore: Lian Ni Chang's parents were Ionian merchants that often traded with Demacia, bringing young Ni Chang with them. At the age of 4, Ni Chang was separated from her parents by a Noxian bandit attack not far off the coast of Ionia. She watched her parents' execution as she was dragged to a Noxian ship, with the intention of slavery. Not through with their plans, the Noxians sailed to Bilgewater for some business of their own. Ni Chang manages to escape the ship and is taken in by a traveling cult. Ni Chang spent the rest of her childhood growing with this cult, learning mysterious magic. As she grew to be a young adult, she ran into a mercenary who introduced himself as Xin Zhao. She left the cult she was raised with to travel with Xin Zhao. The two of them fell in love and considered marriage.

Years later, the cult which Ni Chang was raised, had grown a reputation for causing riots in the name of their beliefs. As Xin Zhao wanted to slay them all, he restrained himself to respect Ni Chang's origins. Finally, the riots were too great and Xin Zhao secretly left Ni Chang's side to defeat the attackers. Ni Chang followed him to the city of Zaun and defended her people against Xin Zhao's unit, killing any who came too close. Xin Zhao, though troubled, fought Ni Chang and threatened her life. Heart broke with betrayal, her hair turned white and she untapped a power she never knew existed. Ni Chang nearly obliterated Xin Zhao but would not kill him. Instead she sold him off to be entered in a Noxian gladiatorial event, The Fleshing. Years later, she discovered his survival and agreed to enter the League of Legends to ensure his death.

"No amount of suffering will ever null the sins you have cast upon me." -Ni Chang upon witnessing Xin Zhao in an article covering the League of Legends.

If you felt I contributed and stuff, can I have a (+1 Rep =3)?
Need a sig? Come get one for at Amazing Monkey's Community Sig Shop!
View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!
Amazing Monkey's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (59)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by davidcarl » June 12, 2012 10:11am | Report
Chinese, why does it have to be chinese? I know you got the concept from a chinese movie, but to make it also chinese.. Anyways I think it's pretty good, only want to see the numbers.
What's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet at the same time? Rainbow
davidcarl's Forum Avatar

davidcarl
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » June 12, 2012 11:55am | Report
lol nah, too lazy for that. I just sort of thought it up and posted it.

But...I feel like the Chinese influence is very...essential. As Graceful Lunge is based off the artistic nature of Chinese films and operas.

View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » June 19, 2012 6:34pm | Report
Here's the stats, I changed my mind lol. I based them off of Fiora, Katarina, Hecarim, and Ahri. Haven't really balanced them yet, but this way you can get the concept.

Passive: Empty Heart- Upon dealing damage, Ni Change gains up to 6 betrayal stacks. For each stack she has, she regains 5% of health over 5 seconds. Ni Chang's stacks decrease every second she does not deal damage.

Q: Graceful Lunge- Ni Chang leaps to the cursor. If she lands on an enemy, she will follow the cursor and glide across enemy units for up to 4 seconds, dealing 60/95/130/165/200 (+35% of ability power) + (0.6 per bonus ability power x enemy units stepped on prior). During this time, she dodges all basic attacks and cannot step on the same enemy consecutively. Once her prance is through, she darts with her nails to the nearest enemy champion and deals damage 80/120/160/200/240 (+65% of ability power) + (20/30/40/50/60 per each second gliding).

Graceful Lunge can be activated again to end the process early.

If Ni Chang does not step on an enemy before Graceful Lunge ends, the ability stops with reduced cool down.

W: Band of the Cult- A mystical aura surrounds Ni Change for 4 seconds, dealing 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% of ability power) per second. If an enemy encounters this aura, their attack and movement speed are reduced by 8/12/16/20/24% for 2 seconds.

E: Whip of Betrayal- Ni Chang lunges her hair dealing damage 100/140/180/220/260 (+66% of ability power]) to enemies in the of range. Her hair splits, dealing 50% of that damage to enemies at the edge of the attack.

R:
Thirst for Vengeance- Ni Chang unleashes her rage and, for 6 seconds, increases ability power by 200% of total enemy kills; armor, magic resistance by the total number of enemy kills; and movement speed by 30%.

Ni Chang's maximum Betrayal stacks temporarily increase to 12 for the duration of this ability.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!