Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[color=white][color=red]HeAt's[/color] Game...

Creator: HeAt December 8, 2010 10:26am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2010 10:26am | Report

HeAt's Game Mechanics

: Vol. 1

>> Hey Everyone, and welcome to this wall of text I will tell you about a couple of the game mechanics and how they work. To succeed in this game you must have a very good understanding of game mechanics, why certain things do what. I thought I would actually make some type of contribution and type all this **** up! Win?! I thought so.
Lets Start Shall We? *Jersey Shore Fist Pump*

Lane Flow

>>>> Lane Flow is one of the MOST important things across the game of league of legends. This applies to both side lanes AND mid. The key to your lane is to have the minions JUST towards your side. This means if you were to draw a line STRAIGHT through river top to bottom, you want the minions just a bit towards your half.
>>>> Well how do you do this. Generally in your lane you do NOT want to auto attack minions, at all. The only thing you want to be doing is grabbing the last hits when they are almost dead (50-60 HP). The ideal position of the minions is so that the caster minions are positioned JUST across your side of the line. This allows easy ganks. The way you do this is by letting them hit your minions just a bit more than you do. You want to try to let them have your front creeps first, because the caster minions do all of the damage, and your melee minions tank it.
>>>> If you are set in that position, it becomes really easy for your jungler or anyone else to gank your lane. For mid, you want to stay as close to your side as possible without being at turret. This would make their mid "over-extended" or out of position. Leaving them vulnerable to a gank from any member of your team. When you are trying to push them, get your ranged poke to kill their back creeps first, if you can't get to them, burst down the front ones so your minions move forward.

>>>> For solo mid: When the enemy is at your turret, of course try to get last hits, but more importantly, poke at them! Any mid hero you can have will be able to dive someone on your turret. They are WAY over extended if they walk up near your turret, make them pay for it!

Armor and Magic Resist

Ok, Essentially both of these mechanics work in the exact same way. Most people have been given the misconception by Riot that they run as a % reduction, when in reality they run as a efficiency percentage (respective to their resistance type). The damage a hero would have done to you if you had 0 resistance would be true damage. Let me explain.

[*]Your (true) HP with no Armor or MR is 100% (true damage is always damaging your true HP).For every 1 point of either MR or Armor you have, you gain a 1% health efficiency on TOP of your true health. For example: if I was... Rammus, and had 200 Armor (late game rammus or him in curl), and I had, say 3k HP (not too much for midgame). Then, in reality I would have that 3000 true HP, plus a bonus 200%, 1 percentage for each armor point. The Equation is: Net HP = TrueHP * ((armor or MR)/100). In this case it would be 3000*(200/100) which is 9000 HP vs. Physical Damage. This is also one of the reasons why rammus is such a potent tank.[/*][/quote]

So, now let's talk about critical and proc effects. Critical Damage is scaled off of your damage AFTER resistance, not before. So if you were to hit for say 700 but they had a 40% resistance (due to their armor), and you were to crit, your original damage would go from 700 to 420, and your crit (assuming no bonus crit damage) would be 840, instead of 1400.
The same applies to magic, if a fiddle ult is supposed to do a total of 4k damage to you over its extent but you have a 40% magic resist bonus, then his ult would do 2400 damage instead (which is a lot less). That is why when tanks will stack MR, they will do very well in taking a lot of the spell damage efficiently.

So the conversion to a percentage:
Well for the equation to a percentage.. it is [(armor or MR)/((armor or MR) +100)] * 100
This is because it takes your efficiency, divided by your efficiency + 100% of your health * 100 (for a percentile bonus)

Buying Armor Pen and Magic Pen:

When buying armor/magic pen, pick one path and take it, either percentage based or flat value. The reason is that the calculation is like this: Penetration = [Initial armor/MR - (flat armor/MR pen)]
Then: Resultant armor/MR - [1-(AP/MP%/100)]

So basically, you take the original armor/magic pen, remove the flat, THEN remove the percentage.

That is about all I have time to type at the moment :)!
Hope it helped! Volume 2 on its way soon, keep in tuned!

- HeAt
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide