Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Corki

Creator: 1jamie50 June 22, 2013 10:29am
21 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 10:29am | Report
General question here.. for awhile I've been wondering what happened to Corki. Like I have not seen a single person play him in months on end now.

I realize he was nerfed back when it was the trio of him and Graves + Ezreal which did make him the most unpopular of the three at the time...

but then he tapered off to become the least played ADC (2nd least if you feel like counting Urgot).

What happened that I'm not aware of? He's not as viable because of the BoTRK meta? He can still deal out his burst damage combo and I could see him being able to take advantage of TBC well too these days. He also has one of safest laning phases for an ADC still too, with his massive disengage and gap closer.

Is there just better ADC's right now or does everybody just follow the flow of picking the champions they see in tournaments?

The 2 times I've played with Corki lately, I did good and the one person I saw play him who wasn't me dominated too.

Enlighten me. Why is Corki not played anymore?

Thanks to YayaFTW for the sig.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 2:36pm | Report
Makes no sense at all. He does true damage, has an escape, good poke with R, but is squishy with poor range. He's still good.

I think it's all about falling out of flavor with pros, which cascades down to everybody else.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 3:02pm | Report
Horrible late game, good early/mid but mana costs are too high.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 3:08pm | Report
I also dont think he has that much of an impact in lategame teamfights as opposed to like Ashe, MF, Varus, etc.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 3:27pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Horrible late game, good early/mid but mana costs are too high.

Mana cost are high on Corki that is true and something I kind of forgot about.

Yeah, his late-game isn't amazing but that can be said for other carries that are more popular right now as well :P

I also dont think he has that much of an impact in lategame teamfights as opposed to like Ashe, MF, Varus, etc.

Yeah, I'll agree with you there.

I thought about it a bit more... did Tristana kind of replace Corki? She can jump in and as long as she gets the kill can back out too with the same jump range as Corki (I think anyways), unlike Corki who can choose to just go in or escape + Tristana is argued to have better itemization right now (I'm assuming this is referring to BoTRK).

I'm just not a fan of BoTRK, that's probably why I prefer Corki :P

I main Miss Fortune and Caitlyn for ADC right now, and BoTRK doesn't fit well to me on either of them, so I basically haven't touched it on ADC since that item came out.

On-top of that, since I take TBC on MF, I'm probably biased towards Corki who can stack it well too lol.

Not to mention.. Tri-Force isn't that good for ADC's anymore and Corki was used to take advantage of that too.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 3:42pm | Report
1jamie50 wrote:

Yeah, his late-game isn't amazing but that can be said for other carries that are more popular right now as well :P

Like who? I can't think of any popular ADCs who scale as bad as Corki does.
1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 4:01pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I definitely worded that in-correctly lol... what I was trying to say is that there's other carries that have bad or some-what bad late-games as well that are more popular right now.

Corki's scaling on his abilities are definitely bad since his Q, W and R scale off AP and his Gatling Gun and ultimate have poor AD scaling.

I can see why the Trinity Force nerf was a bigger hit to him then I first had in my mind. I forgot how poor his scalings were AD-wise. For some reason, I thought his E and R had higher scaling then they do..

Baker5
<Member>
Baker5's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 8:55pm | Report
Imo, Corki has a weak early game, but does substantial amounts of damage after about level 4.

If you rush Trinity on Corki, the damage is unbelievable. He can practically 1v2 any lane and as long as you have mana, Corki is a threat to ANYBODY 1v1. If you don't believe me, lolking Bakerrrr and look at the Corki stats.

Honestly, people underestimate Corki and his damage is spectacular. He's underplayed, so people don't know how to counter him. You have to be good with your positioning but he's very powerful.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 10:07pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Quinn, Ezreal

honestly I don't think his late game is that bad, it's not worse than Graves probably not worse than Dravens, probably not worse than Ashe or Sivirs late game either
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 10:34pm | Report
Quinn is not even close to popular though and Ezreal with blue build scales much better than Corki. Ezreal is pretty much an unkillable god of poke and kite late game, Graves has an AS steroid and high AD scalings, Draven has an AS steroid and super high AD scalings. What does Corki have? ****ty ratios on his E and R, plus his passive which doesn't even work with crit anymore. Even his escape is the worst escape there is.

I kinda miss him though, I used to really like him back in the season 2 days when Triforce was dumb.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide