Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Corki

Creator: 1jamie50 June 22, 2013 10:29am
21 posts - page 2 of 3
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 10:59pm | Report
1) Release of BOTRK - Huge buff to autoattack ADCs
2) Health value greatly increased - true damage value decreased
3) Corki nerfs - passive doesnt proc on crits.

Overall Corki is a suboptimal pick in the current meta because
1) His range is horribad
2) His mana costs are too costly early on
3) Abilities require him to be close up, which he cannot be.
4) Poke is weak

He's in a bad spot now. His main problem is his early game, which Riot is currently fixing with the mana cost buffs.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 11:04pm | Report
The Triforce nerfs were probably the biggest thing that killed him. Somewhat ironic as that was mostly intended for Ezreal who is still doing great.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 11:21pm | Report
High mana costs early crush him, outplayed early by a lot of ADC's.
As a jungler, preying on Corki is so easy. Walk into the lane and that's 100 mana gone. Do it again in 20 seconds and that's another 100 gone. Made it difficult for him to lane, pretty much zoning himself.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 11:59pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Quinn is not even close to popular though and Ezreal with blue build scales much better than Corki. Ezreal is pretty much an unkillable god of poke and kite late game, Graves has an AS steroid and high AD scalings, Draven has an AS steroid and super high AD scalings.

Quinn is gaining popularity after her recent string of buffs but I'm okay with excluding her because she isn't that popular although I do think she will be in the future

In regards to Ezreal scaling is not the same as utility. Yes Ezreal has good poke and unrivaled kite potential, but his actually damage and scaling (late game) is atrocious, especially blue build.

Graves has high ad scalings sure, but how well do those translate on an 8 second cooldown Q and an 80 second cooldown ultimate. Those can each be used once a fight? Graves absolutely sucks at killing tanks, to do so he pretty much has to build into Blade of the Ruined King which takes away from his good scaling. Graves also has extremely short range. I'm not saying graves is bad, but his late game is as bad, maybe even worse, than corki's

Why even consider draven's AS buff. It's hardly even an aspect of his kit and is more often used for movement speed to catch the axes than the actual attack speed. Sure draven has good scaling and good damage, but how does that actually perform in a team fight? if he's unable to catch his axes, he's garbage. almost forgot how bad his ultimate is late game too
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 9:34am | Report
My friend Anoladoran AKA, Best Quinn NA, AKA Best Draven NA, AKA Mr #IownfabbyalldayinsoloQ, is working on a ''top secret OP freelo Corki'' build.

It consists of Blade of the Ruined King, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Berserker's Greaves and two other items that I can't remember. Apparently one of his Diamond I friends used that Corki build in his diamond I promos and got challenger. LOL.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 9:39am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

My friend Anoladoran AKA, Best Quinn NA, AKA Best Draven NA, AKA Mr #IownfabbyalldayinsoloQ, is working on a ''top secret OP freelo Corki'' build.

It consists of Blade of the Ruined King, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Berserker's Greaves and two other items that I can't remember. Apparently one of his Diamond I friends used that Corki build in his diamond I promos and got challenger. LOL.

Wouldnt bloodthirster be much better for Corki?
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 9:42am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Wouldnt bloodthirster be much better for Corki?

Listen, don't question the challenger Corki builds ok? Just do it. Just. Do. It.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 9:45am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

Listen, don't question the challenger Corki builds ok? Just do it. Just. Do. It.

Everything for you my dear Lightpiercing <3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 2:23am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Quinn is gaining popularity after her recent string of buffs but I'm okay with excluding her because she isn't that popular although I do think she will be in the future

In regards to Ezreal scaling is not the same as utility. Yes Ezreal has good poke and unrivaled kite potential, but his actually damage and scaling (late game) is atrocious, especially blue build.

Graves has high ad scalings sure, but how well do those translate on an 8 second cooldown Q and an 80 second cooldown ultimate. Those can each be used once a fight? Graves absolutely sucks at killing tanks, to do so he pretty much has to build into Blade of the Ruined King which takes away from his good scaling. Graves also has extremely short range. I'm not saying graves is bad, but his late game is as bad, maybe even worse, than corki's

Why even consider draven's AS buff. It's hardly even an aspect of his kit and is more often used for movement speed to catch the axes than the actual attack speed. Sure draven has good scaling and good damage, but how does that actually perform in a team fight? if he's unable to catch his axes, he's garbage. almost forgot how bad his ultimate is late game too

completely wrong about graves.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 11:07am | Report
Care to elaborate how I'm wrong.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide