Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

er build

Creator: Bocklin December 28, 2015 2:11pm
Bocklin
<Member>
Bocklin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 2:11pm | Report
Yo everyone

I'm a Karthus user, lvl.12, and that's my personal build, for which i may need some advice:
That's basically a "tank", but i prefer calling it "Eraser", simply because the best thing that does is simply erasing all life forms (once ultimated), like killing a charge of minions in 3 secs with Defile without even touching them, or charging between 3 or more enemy champs taking their life to the edge, finishing them with Requiem or after death Defile/Lay Waste (or both), opening a clean road to my allies.
(And yes, for now that does work since is reeeally rare a clean kill on me, even at 2 or 3 vs 1).

Masteries
5 Uniyelding, 1 Though skin, 5 Veteran scar and 1 insight.
That's all basically easy to explain as tank choices, that's why i will avoid that, the only observation may be that i preferred Though Skin over Explorer, simply because i almost never go on the river or between plants (Oh, by the way, of course i'm a Middler), while i need to prevent the larger amount of damage.

Runes
Quintessence: +1.17% speed
Mark: 4x +0.68 magic penetration
Seal: 4x +6.24 Health
Gliph: 3x +1.04 Magic resistance

Enchantments
Exhaust: That's actually a "finisher", it helps me locking the enemy to charge on im an enormous amount of damage, keeping him close to consume him. That's really great for first bloods.

Barrier: Just keeping me alive 2 more seconds, that means 2 more Defiles and almost 2 Lay Wastes..another useful close-to-finisher

And now the trouble part:
Objects
Now i'm basically sure of only two or three items, while i have plenty doubts on the others:

1. Archangel's staff is THE LIFE for every sorcerer: an immense amount of extra mana which brings to an huge amount of extra AP (which could even go bigger with others mana grow items) and, of course, it gots the mana shield: 3 seconds of almost invulnerability is GOLD for that build.

2. Rod of ages in ten minutes it gives you 500 health points, 800 extra mana (which directly brings 24 extra AP thanks to serafic, and more "life" to the mana shield..) and 120 AP. Of course that's still "offensive", without providing a serious tank defence, but in an "eraser" that's reeeally necessary

3. Sorcerer's shoes - alacrity The magic penetration is useful for benefit of all those AP points (which should be around +254 now), while the +65 running rate is vital for escaping, but even more for chasing dying champs, eheheh..

Now that's where problems starts, since now i have 3 more items to choose, and the best candidates are:

- Rylai's crystal sceptre, +400 Health, + 100 AP, it both increases my life and my killing, slowing down my enemies..not bad at all for an eraser

- Warmog's armor, a +850 of health is kinda impressive, on plus after killing an enemy, i can simply wait in the grass to let my life come full again (mana is NOT a problem..!), so i can basically avoid to come back everytime to the base, keep pushing..problem is, i am basically a kamikaze, has rescuing life after a battle sense for me?

- Randuin's Omen gives me a + 450 of health and a very important +60 of armor, protecting all that extra-life, and speed thanks too.

- Frozen Hearth gaves a +90 of armor, a + 400 of mana (Seraph thanks) and a +20% charging reduction (Ultimate Thanks..and i have to know if that affects item's active abilities too, in that case Mana shield thanks too.. again!)

- Zz'Rot Portal +60 armor and +60 magic resistance is really useful, difensively, plus the ability is kinda good for assaulting towers, and the +125% health regen may be nice in battle-breaks.

- Dead Man's Plate + 500 Health and +50 Armor provides to give a strong defense, but that's not the part i prefer: The passive ability gaves me almost the speed i would have thanks to sorcerer's shoes, so i can avoid buying them, having an extra free-slot. Also because i wouldn't use the Moment charges because, remember, i only kill minions by Defiles and Lay Wastes, while the crushing blow may be essential as a finisher (remember the kamikaze stuff, i don't care if i die after killing, so i don't even care to lose all my moment charges..)

- Wooglet's witchcap +45 armor, +100 ability points and +25% ability points. Oooon plus, the ability grants me 2.5 secs of invulnerability which, added to the 2.5 secs of Seraph and 2 secs of Barrier, makes SEVEN seconds of can't touch this, and with an appropriate number of ap extra points Defile becomes really, really, reaaaaally scary..

So what do u suggest? atually my final set is:

- Archangel’s staff
- Rod of ages
- Dead man’s plate
- Wooglet's witchcap
- Frozen heart
- Rylai’s crystal sceptre

Which brings..

+ 466 AP point +25% (is that percentual on the total or on the basic? if it's on the total it makes almost 600 total ap extra points)
+ 2200 mana
+ 1400 health
+ 175 armor
+ 60 speed
On plus:
5 secs of immunity
+50% rigen. basic mana
+20% recharge reduction
-15% movment speed of close enemies
aaaand all the other stuff

Now actually the only one i'm insecure about is the Rylai’s crystal sceptre. I'm already fast and the wall of pain spell slows those down even more, isn't maybe more needed another rods of ages with his +500 Health, + 800 mana (+24 ap) and +120 ap (+25%)?

Thanks

Bocklin
Bocklin
<Member>
Bocklin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 2:21pm | Report
P.S. Sorry for the bad title, that was written wrongly and i'm figuring it out only now, that would have been "Karthus Eraser build" but i can't edit it, if any staffer could i would be thankful, merci
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2016 2:53pm | Report
As karthus you just want flat AP and spell pen. I would probably consider these items

Archangel's Staff, Rod of Ages, Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass, Sorcerer's Shoes, Void Staff.

Rylai's can be okay, but it's kind of hard to find a spot, all the other items you listed are terrible on Karthus (except wooglets which is only on 3v3 and Karthus is terrible on 3v3)
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide